Question X299 AORUS Gaming 7 (rev. 1.0) Error E3

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drkchavez

Reputable
Oct 15, 2018
How can i fix the motherboard Error E3 when i put my computer to sleep and instantly wake it up it goes to code 73 but if i turn off my computer it goes back to error E3 being displayed on the motherboard... any ideas?!

drkchavez

Reputable
Oct 15, 2018

sweet, taking out the cmos battery and putting it back in seemed to fix the issue with my channel # issue, but for the e3 code being displayed doesn't seem like gigabyte knows other than to try a different power supply. They said its not an error.

If it's not an error, then it's just an indicator on that board that the S3 state has been suspended while it is not in a low powered state and everything is normal I guess. There will always be SOMETHING displayed in that LED window, so on that board, it might be E3. On my Gigabyte board it was AO and on my ASUS board it is 30, until after I've put it to sleep and then resumed from sleep, in which case it always shows 03.

How old is your power supply? How long in service and what is the EXACT model number as printed on the power supply itself on the specifications decal? There could be several versions of that power supply and some might not be Haswell (And newer) compatible with the Intel specification for the low power states and could be triggering that problem.

You could try DISABLING the C6 and C7 state in the bios, and see if you still have the error or display, whichever they say it is. Knowing the exact model number, I could tell you for sure. Knowing how long you've personally had it in service would help as well.

Mar 19, 2019
I know this thread is a little old, but I would just like to add the solution here that nobody realized. For this board and some others such as X299, the E3 will display instead of AO because you do not have the Gigabyte App Center installed. In this scenario, E3 means nothing except to replace the AO scenario. Gigabyte boards don't like to give the sign off on AO without the App Center installed. Other boards will display other codes such as 6C, or C0. all are fine.

Reactions: Siliconbrain
App center has nothing whatsoever to do with anything you might see in the pre-windows environment. App center is a Windows application and the system couldn't possibly know that it was installed or not AND I have several Gigabyte boards with Intel chipsets and NONE of them display E3 and NONE of them have App center installed. So, that's totally not the deal as far as I can see.

OP clearly said AFTER he shuts down, E3 shows up upon restart. App center has zip to do with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.