[SOLVED] X570 Aorus Elite + 3700X = AGP Error

Dec 14, 2019
So, recently I built a new system with the following parts:

-X570 Aorus Elite
-Ryzen 7 3700X
-G.Skill RGB 16GB (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR)
-Be quiet 700W PSU
-Cooler Master ML240

As for the GPU, for the time being I'm using my old one which is a GTX 760 since I'm still waiting for an RX5700XT Red Devil to arrive.

When I first tried to boot the system I didn't get any video output, so I hooked up the debug speaker, which revealed 1 long and 3 short beeps. Since this motherboard rev. uses an AMI licensed BIOS this indicates an AGP Error.

Does this mean that my GPU is dead? (Yes, I hooked the monitor up to the GPU and not the motherboard)

It can't be the memory, because I also checked with a pair of Crucial Ballistix 16GB and they also produced the same error.

Dec 14, 2019
Make sure the GPU is properly seated and that the PCI-E power connectors are properly connected.
Double check the PCI-E power connectors pins in case they have shifted.
I already reseated it multiple times and PCI-E power is properly clicked in. Even the fan on the GPU is spinning, so it's getting power for sure.

I'm guessing, the RAMDAC is dead.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Test also by using both pcie cables=first connector from the psu and not by just using two connectors from one cable.

Also that motherboard supports Qflash Plus, so update the bios to the latest with that option.

On the motherboards page is explained how to use Qflash Plus,
X570 AORUS ELITE (rev. 1.0) | Moederbord - GIGABYTE Netherlands
scroll down to "Ultra Durable".

8TF6sPQ.png

fhbTKEq.png

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2019
Test also by using both pcie cables=first connector from the psu and not by just using two connectors from one cable.

Also that motherboard supports Qflash Plus, so update the bios to the latest with that option.

On the motherboards page is explained how to use Qflash Plus,
X570 AORUS ELITE (rev. 1.0) | Moederbord - GIGABYTE Netherlands
scroll down to "Ultra Durable".

8TF6sPQ.png

fhbTKEq.png
Thanks for your input.

I've tested it with both connectors of the cable, but no difference. There's not much I can do, because the PSU is semi modular, which means that the PCI-E power cord is not removable.

I'm gonna wait till the new GPU arrives and see if that solves the problem, using Q-Flash is such a hassle because I'd need to remove the CPU again and what not. However, if it still won't make it past POST, I'm gonna do the update.

I'll report back as soon as I've tested with the new GPU.