Question X570 PLUS - stuck at first bootup

Oct 16, 2023
Hi guys,

Writing to you to help me out with a pickle. Yesterday, suddenly I started to get bootup windows error messages, stating something that Windows can't verify digital signature of some file. After restarting the PC, getting some error about BIOS getting into safe mode. Wanted to reinstall windows anyway for a while now, so I decided that it's time.

After fresh install if I run the PC (or restart it), I'm stuck at MOBO logo (with information that click DEL to enter BIOS, but it's not responsive). Clicking restart button on PC proceeds to running windows. So no more errors, but everytime I need to run the PC, click restart and then boot to Windows.

Any idea what's going on here? Thanks in advance.

OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional (x64) Build 19045.2965 (22H2)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
MOBO: ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS with latest 4802 BIOS
RAM: 4x 8 GB PC4-28800 DDR4 SDRAM G.Skill F4-3600C16-8GVKC
Graphic: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You forgot to include the make and model of your PSU. Include it's age as well. As for the OS, where did you source the installer for said OS? I would try and recreate the installer for the OS to rule a corrupt installer. Regarding the BIOS, I'd try and reflash the BIOS, then once verified to be on the latest version, clear the CMOS(after disconnecting from the wall and display) and removing the CMOS battery for 15mins before replacing.

You forgot to mention the drivers in your build. If you're on the latest BIOS version for your motherboard, you should be able to drop in pretty much any processor under the sun in the AM4 portfolio, to see if your processor that's the issue.

Oct 16, 2023
Hello,

Thanks for the warm welcome!

PSU: Corsair HX850i 850W (CP-9020073-EU). The whole setup is 2 months above 3 years.
Source installer for OS was downloaded from official MS page and USB stick created in Rufus.

That will be a bit problematic to try another CPU, don't really have the source to borrow it from.

I'll try reflashing BIOS and clearing CMOS in a bit and update you. Thanks!

Oct 16, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You forgot to include the make and model of your PSU. Include it's age as well. As for the OS, where did you source the installer for said OS? I would try and recreate the installer for the OS to rule a corrupt installer. Regarding the BIOS, I'd try and reflash the BIOS, then once verified to be on the latest version, clear the CMOS(after disconnecting from the wall and display) and removing the CMOS battery for 15mins before replacing.

You forgot to mention the drivers in your build. If you're on the latest BIOS version for your motherboard, you should be able to drop in pretty much any processor under the sun in the AM4 portfolio, to see if your processor that's the issue.
So I've reflashed the BIOS and... it's working just fine! Normal bootup now. How could that be?

What's worth mentioning, when I've flashed BIOS from old version to 4802 first time, it took a really long time. Now it happened really quickly. Could it be related?

Anyway, thanks!

TRENDING THREADS