[SOLVED] Xbox One S 4K Issue

Stackimaginable

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014
Hi guys, I've looked around but haven't been able to find much on my specific issue.

So my Xbox One S says my TV supports 4K UHD(60Hz). It also says "Your TV supports HDR10 video". But if I look down further, under "Playing Games" it states "Your TV setup does not support 4K 10-bit at 60Hz" & "Your TV setup does not support HDR10 for gaming".

Why can it not play games at 4K @ 60Hz & HDR even though it acknowledges the TV is capable of it. It says the same for Dolby under "Watching movies & TV" even though it should but that's for another day. I have already enabled the TV's "enhanced HDMI mode" to get to 4K @ 60Hz working.

Thanks guys

Last edited:
Solution
What about this part from that thread?

"The TV was losing the signal when I started ESO in HDR, so I turned of the 'Allow YCC 4:2:2' and now it seems ok. "

Was also suggested to try all hdmi ports. He did say he tried them all and no change but that might've been a coincidence before he changed settings. Like my Samsung TV, only Hdmi 1 supports Hdr. Look through your TVs manual to find out which port supports Hdr.

boju

Titan
Ambassador

"The TV was losing the signal when I started ESO in HDR, so I turned of the 'Allow YCC 4:2:2' and now it seems ok. "

Was also suggested to try all hdmi ports. He did say he tried them all and no change but that might've been a coincidence before he changed settings. Like my Samsung TV, only Hdmi 1 supports Hdr. Look through your TVs manual to find out which port supports Hdr.

Solution

Stackimaginable

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014

I also tried that setting to no avail. I have tried all the ports and it's been plugged into HDMI 1 the whole time, also the TV reports all the HDMI ports are capable of 4K@60Hz

Stackimaginable

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014
So does my TV, 3 Hdmi ports supporting 4k 60Hz but only Hdmi 1 supports Hdr.

Well, he's got the same TV as you and managed it. Perhaps your TV needs an update? Have you updated it at all?
Yes it's fully up to date. I'm going to try swapping out the current cable with the one that came in the box in the morning, it's currently in use for something else, that should hopefully rule out the cable as the issue.

xLGxHuckleberry

Prominent
May 21, 2017
I had a couple lg 4k that has the same issues. My first was regular 4k 6500(no longer have) the second 4k hdr 8500. Both I had the hdmi 1 issue, on the 6500 my cable box would only play sound through hdmi on 1, but picture played on all 3 ports. I had my PC and xbox x on the 8500, the PC played hdr games on all three hdmi ports but the xbox x would only play hdr on port 1. Dont know why for any of it but definitely frustrating. I asked as many questions as I could to support but no real answers.