XFX RX 480 Running hot

Makxis

Commendable
Jan 19, 2017
Hi,

I got the XFX RX 480 gtr black yesterday and I've tried it in a few games, except its running at around 70-80c with the fans around 2500-3000rpm. I live in the UK (currently winter) so it's pretty cold here and I'm worried how it would be on a hot day.

I bought this because it supposedly runs quite cool and so I was wondering whether this is normal or should I return it?

This is the GPU model http://

Solution
80%? That seems pretty high, I'd consider returning it. The reviews I've read of that card do say that it runs in the mid 60s and quiet without an overclock. I'm pretty sure XFX lets you replace the thermal paste without voiding the warranty, but I'd check with Newegg first if you want to try that.

Makxis

Commendable
Jan 19, 2017
Airflow is alright I think? The case I have is a corsair 200r, I have a hyper evo 212 as well but they're not that close to each other, cpu is at around 40-50c if that helps.

The problem I have isn't so much the temps, it's more the fact that the fans are ramping up to 80% and I'm worried how it would perform in a warm environment.

80%? That seems pretty high, I'd consider returning it. The reviews I've read of that card do say that it runs in the mid 60s and quiet without an overclock. I'm pretty sure XFX lets you replace the thermal paste without voiding the warranty, but I'd check with Newegg first if you want to try that.

Solution