Question XFX RX 580 has video output but no fan spin

Los Pockos

Reputable
Nov 2, 2016
Yes, my fans also dont spin under load. My card simply starts to thermal throttle hard. The fans are not recognized in Afterburner and Task-Manager doesnt even detect the card. I have reinstalled my drivers multiple times. I have reinstalled Windows.
I have updated my bios. I consider my self lost.

Please somebody send help.

Los Pockos

Reputable
Nov 2, 2016
Visually ensure the fan connector on the card is properly seated. Fans might need replaced.
I kept on working on the Problem yesterday evening and made some progress. When I reinstall my drivers the fans work for some time (My drivers just disappear magically when I turn on my computer). My GPU still heats up to around 84 degrees Celsius and starts to have extremely high frame times (around 300ms) dropping from 180 fps to around 12 in Rocket League. It can't be that my PC switches to Integrated Graphics as I have a Ryzen 2700X installed.

Los Pockos

Reputable
Nov 2, 2016
I kept on working on the Problem yesterday evening and made some progress. When I reinstall my drivers the fans work for some time (My drivers just disappear magically when I turn on my computer). My GPU still heats up to around 84 degrees Celsius and starts to have extremely high frame times (around 300ms) dropping from 180 fps to around 12 in Rocket League. It can't be that my PC switches to Integrated Graphics as I have a Ryzen 2700X installed.
I think the driver problem is a whole different beast. As my GPU still Overheats with the drivers installed and the fans overclocked in Afterburner.

Los Pockos

Reputable
Nov 2, 2016
Should I send my Afterburner Graphs? Maybe you can see something odd.