XFX to Ship Radeon HD 5970 in a P90 Gun Case

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]Marcus Yam[/nom]As a Canadian, my idea of a deadly weapon is a hockey stick and a blindside hit to the head.[/citation]
This has made my night. Thanks Marcus.

I'd actually rather have the card come shipped in a real gun case (solid thick black plastic, dark foam padding etc.).
Kind of ugly to be honest...

But for supposedly only $100 more, and doubling the VRAM, I wouldn't put high hopes on the level of handpicking (short of just being a factory overclock of 60MHz instead of 50MHz).

r3t4rd

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
[citation][nom]OvrClkr[/nom]well that would not be fair would it?how about dual 480's with mature drivers in lets say 3 months?[/citation]
Um....did you not get the joke/sarcasm? He said "Box". All we have been getting from Nvidia before the benchmarks were all boxes of the Fermi derivatives. *Sigh...rolls eyes*

that is exactly why I said it, just to see if someone would pop up and say something :lol:

that XFX box totaly pwns any NV GTX 4 series box, funny thing is that XFX is not going to make a 470/480's :( bummer..

G

As a Canadian, my ideal weapon would be a CZ-858 and a Glock 17. :)
...and a hockey stick.

In other news, that's a wicked looking case. Let's hope Jack Thompson doesn't see this and starts a campaign against evil looking video cards.

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
I can see why they give such an elaborate case, that card is simply massive. Also, I really hope that's not the same fan XFX used on their 4870 (I currently own). First thing I did was drop that horrid stock heatsink/fan. Fan was way too loud. And guessing the amount of heat this will pump out, that fan doesn't look anywhere near enough to handle the card without sounding like a jet. At least during gaming.

Gin Fushicho

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009
When I read the title I thought they were gonna give you an actual "case" that usually holds a P90, not a box that they made up too look like the gun. My enthusiasm is gone.

meepstone

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2010
[citation]Admittedly, I'm not that familiar with guns. As a Canadian, my idea of a deadly weapon is a hockey stick and a blindside hit to the head.[/citation]

But they just banned the blindside hit to the head!

Marcus Yam

Splendid
Jul 1, 2008
[citation][nom]meepstone[/nom]But they just banned the blindside hit to the head![/citation]
(offtopic)And I'm super glad that the NHL did. :) The sort of stuff that's happened to Marc Savard and David Booth should have been outlawed years ago when the headshot rule was first discussed. I'm glad that they're keeping the north/south hits but I still think that headshots should be ruled out regardless of direction. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlPntOMZQRg (/offtopic)

Status
Not open for further replies.