XFX to Ship Radeon HD 5970 in a P90 Gun Case

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Thats what the 5970 should have been since launch, run @ its real speed of 5870 which all normal 5970 can, so that card should break the 300w barrier btw its the 5970 that needed 2GB/GPU not the 5850 which cant run @ 2560x1600 lmao

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]virustwin[/nom]um am i the only one who realises that thats NOT a p90 but an F2000?[/citation]It's neither. I think it would be safe to say it's a "made up" gun, based on three varieties of those types of weapons, posted in here.

G

As a gamer (and a HUGE AMD/ATI fan) my response is; I would've had more respect for XFX if they spent that money for sponsoring some actual DX11 titles which can do better than just DX9 with tessellation. Or, I dunno, donated all that money to AMD for developing better drivers (imho that would've made bigger news than this nonesense). Now, instead of stable DX11 cards running awesome DX11 games, we have this novelty piece of future-garbage-surplus, carrying a product with inhibited potential, running games with graphic engines that should've gone obsolete 3 years ago. Whoopdeefreakindoo XFX, you just made a real technological breakthrough, NOT!

hersch

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
Gee what a complete waste of money! Seriously, I was raving nuts about PC Gaming and the latest Graphics cards from Green & Red. But given the situation with PC Gaming falling by the way side in favour of Consoles (SHUDDER!!!) a la Wii/xBox/PS3 etc. I am not happy to spend more than US$400.00 on any so called Super Duper Vuper Graphics card. Those days are gone! Maybe AMD/ATI and nVIDIA need to buy a few Game Development Companies and reinvent PC Gaming as it existed a few years back. If that happens, sure I'll buy the $1000.00 card as I did in the past!!!

G

This card looks sick! It's def an "Nvidia killer" so to speak. I wonder why they went hard with ATI instead of picking up the new Nvidia line? My guess would be because the new Nvidia cards run to hot for the XFX warranty. Whatever the reason, keep it up!

anomoly698

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
I am kind of shocked that Nvidia will not let XFX carry their cards but I think this card from ATI more than makes up for that fact. This card looks absolutely awesome. I personally think that ATI has slowly passed by Nvidia and this card is the icing on that cake. I am real excited to get my hands on one.

Status
Not open for further replies.