XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler?????

sirmpa

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2009
are they any good on the Newer AMD AM3 chips like the Phenom II's or Athlon II"s ???

and if so I'll use it on the new cpu when i get one !!!

old specs are on my Profile : http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/5083/mikesocedamd7750blecpuzk.png

temps on old cpu OCed to 3.2Ghz are n the rang from
room temp. at idle to 90F to +30F at full load.

did use arctic silver on the cpu when i installed it . had to use a s.o.s pad to get all the sticker off tho .

my ECS mo.bo.'s nvidia vid./n/s bridge chip was ok i Thoth but the heat went up more and more till i put a fan on it

that helped for a couple of month's then it started to get hot once more.

so i tour the pc down.

then i had to cut off the spring pins holding the n/s Br. heat sink down old heat tape gunk looked like harden gum !!!!

had to apply the arctic silver after cleaning the old stuff off with goo gone and it tuck 3 times to remove it all.

then i use some hardware to fix it tp the mo.bo.

and my n/s br. chip reads 90f idle to 120f at full load is that good and will it stay that way ??? :eek: :heink: :pt1cable:

THANKS 4 any help u give.

sirmpa

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2009
NB chips get hot, I wouldn't worry about it too much. I had one so hot I couldn't even touch it for a second.

The S-1283 is a good cooler but the CM hyper 212+ is smaller and better and cheaper I believe.

my cooler cost me like $37 on newegg back n April 09
but i din't even try for the $10 rebate on it i never get them back any way.

my coolers big but my friend got the cooler master GeminII that things gigantic + some when the 2 120mm fans are on it and his C2D 6650 oc to 3.1Ghz runs much hotter then my AMD kuma7750 .

THANKS 4 the info, links, and help !!! :hello: :) :)