May 6, 2022
XMP issue system boot to no display and fans of the cpu run at full speed and motherboard led on the cpu turns on after enabling XMP

Hey I am new to the site so I have no idea if this the right thread to ask to but I been having issue with my system for the past week when i enable XMP on my system it doesn't boot up it does loud noises from my cpu fan and the led on the motherboard of the CPU turns on after enabling it now i been testing the memory and it can go up to 2600mhz and work but beyond that I can't run the system it used to run for 2 years on the XMP with 3600mhz and so far what I done replaced the cmos and cleared it reapplied thermal past swapped between the ram slots I reinstalled the os and drivers and everything and still I face the issue when I run a game it just crashes mid game even without XMP enabled I am not sure what could be the issue my best guess it would be the PSU but if anyone ever faced it I would love to know what could be the issue I attached my system info so I hope anyone knows what could be the problem before I buy any new compnnet if needed any of that

Video Card: GeForce RTX™ 3060 12GB OC GDDR6
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-9700K Processor 12M Cache
CPU Cooler:Corsair Hydro H100x High Performance Liquid
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 UD ATX LGA1151
Ram:Corsair HyperX FURY Black 2x16GB DDR4 3600MHz CL17 Memory
Power Supply: Cooler Master MWE Gold 750 80+ Gold Modular 750W

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard at this moment of time? How old is the PSU in your build? Which slots are you populating on your motherboard with the sticks of ram?

You could also try and run memtest and see if you come across errors. One other thing to do, is take the ram kit over to a donor system and see if you experience any BSOD's on the donor system while in X.M.P mode or even using the timings, frequency and voltage manually input in BIOS.

May 6, 2022
Bios version atm F10 that's the latest to the mother board and my psu was bought in 2019 in September 12th according to the POP and the slot i use is 2 and 4 and i tried with 1 and 3 and same issue still appear and the thing is i don't get any BSOD what so ever the only thing in the event viewer is system shutdown unexpected and well what i did is i put 1.350v on the memory and went from 3600 mhz down to 2600mhz in everyone of them it does same thing boot to no display the motherboard cpu led is on and the fans of the cpu is at full speed i find it hard to believe that my memory doing issue since i can still run some games with it but i take for example a game that request more like Call of Duty it just crashes mid game with no BSOD and reboot to black screen but i will run a memory test to see if there is anything will come back with a update

May 6, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard at this moment of time? How old is the PSU in your build? Which slots are you populating on your motherboard with the sticks of ram?

You could also try and run memtest and see if you come across errors. One other thing to do, is take the ram kit over to a donor system and see if you experience any BSOD's on the donor system while in X.M.P mode or even using the timings, frequency and voltage manually input in BIOS.

Bios version atm F10 that's the latest to the mother board and my psu was bought in 2019 in September 12th according to the POP and the slot i use is 2 and 4 and i tried with 1 and 3 and same issue still appear and the thing is i don't get any BSOD what so ever the only thing in the event viewer is system shutdown unexpected and well what i did is i put 1.350v on the memory and went from 3600 mhz down to 2600mhz in everyone of them it does same thing boot to no display the motherboard cpu led is on and the fans of the cpu is at full speed i find it hard to believe that my memory doing issue since i can still run some games with it but i take for example a game that request more like Call of Duty it just crashes mid game with no BSOD and reboot to black screen but i will run a memory test to see if there is anything will come back with a update

Update the memory test passed no issue found