[SOLVED] XMP Problem

marioberchi23

Reputable
Nov 22, 2017
Yo is there a way to overclock my ram to just 3000 mhz?I have a gigabyte a320m-h motherboard and in the bios i can only find the enable xmp option wich overclocks it to my memories max frequency (3200 mhz) and that frequency is not stable i think because of my motherboard and i get crashes and buescreens here and there.And since i put the xmp off (memory running at 2133 mhz) i am not getting anymore bluescreens or crashes but performance is a bit worse so i want to try and set them at 3000 mhz and see if it is more stable but i don't know how.

is there a way to overclock my ram to just 3000 mhz?I have a gigabyte a320m-h motherboard
Yes there is.
Switch to advanced mode, manual overclocking mode and specify ram frequency manually.

This screen. Memory frequency settings.

NwjjZUZPkgrzRcnSDScfk7DKVOraWK9n8w3T3Afo9J8.jpg

marioberchi23

Reputable
Nov 22, 2017
If I click the extreme memory profile only disabled and profile 1 options pop up.Nothing will pop up if I click system memory multiplyer (2nd image) and it will not let me select the memory frequency (mhz) you can see it's grey

Endre

Honorable
Yo is there a way to overclock my ram to just 3000 mhz?I have a gigabyte a320m-h motherboard and in the bios i can only find the enable xmp option wich overclocks it to my memories max frequency (3200 mhz) and that frequency is not stable i think because of my motherboard and i get crashes and buescreens here and there.And since i put the xmp off (memory running at 2133 mhz) i am not getting anymore bluescreens or crashes but performance is a bit worse so i want to try and set them at 3000 mhz and see if it is more stable but i don't know how.

Generally (but not always) DDR4 modules have two XMP profiles.
Please try loading the XMP Profile #2 (if it exists).
Maybe the second profile is more stable.