Question XMP voltage question - Corsair VENGEANCE LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 Memory

gabi222

Reputable
Jan 22, 2020
I noticed that the memory is tested at 1.35 V on the manufacturer page. I checked in bios and with hwinfo and it jumps from 1.36 to 1.372. Not sure if this is an expected outcome or an issue

Using a MSI B450 Tomahawk max mobo, Ryzen 5 3600, latest bios updated, I enabled the first XMP option. The voltage is set to auto, not sure if the xmp should have set a fixed value

Also another question, can we set a xmp profile but then chose another memory speed, can I choose 3000 Mhz instead while also the Xmp 1 is enabled and see if the voltage drops? Or this should only be done when overclocking manually and no xmp enabled

https://www.corsair.com/eu/en/Categ...EANCE-LPX/p/CMK16GX4M2B3200C16#tab-tech-specs

Last edited:
XMP set's manufacturers limits on the ram to run at full speed the fact that you are trying to monitor with a third party app that is giving you different readings is the app itself cannot be as reliable / if overclocking you cannot use XMP suggestion if overclocking do lots of benchmarking to make sure you are actually getting an improvement in system performance personally I do not.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Ddr4 is @ 1.35v for most kits, max Intel recommended is 1.5v for uber OC XMP2.0 settings limits.

So if you are seeing 1.7v, either the software is completely bunk, or you are using a software BCLK OC that's changing ram voltages/speeds etc beyond sane values.

gabi222

Reputable
Jan 22, 2020
Ddr4 is @ 1.35v for most kits, max Intel recommended is 1.5v for uber OC XMP2.0 settings limits.

So if you are seeing 1.7v, either the software is completely bunk, or you are using a software BCLK OC that's changing ram voltages/speeds etc beyond sane values.

Damn I put in the wrong values, I meant I see 1.36 to 1.376 in BIOS readings and HWINFO.

So even though it says it was tested at 1.35 such a small difference has no impact on the way the system works, and I should not try to use a lower value (such as 3000 instead of the max 3200)? I never saw anything bellow 1.36 and I suppose the BIOS reading is accurate

gabi222

Reputable
Jan 22, 2020
Yeah, lol different story with that 1.3v values. That's fine for dram. Some kits just need a little more, some a little less. It's better lower, but you can play around in 1.2-1.5v
Problem is my cpu runs really hot with this profile. And now after I removed the xmp I see in Ryzen Master that the Fabric Clock defaults to 1200 instead of the previous value 1066.
Something broke lol

Edit: hold on, I just find out what caused that . I changed in BIOS under windows OS configuration from the default CSM to UEFI. And this causes the FCLK to default to 1200 instead of being the same value as the memory (1067 in my case). I reverted this change and its FCLK is back to 1067. What is even happening here. Pretty sure that further increased the CPU temps as this means it was running on a different setting than the default..?

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS