XP SP2 & ZoneAlarm

sparky

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2003

I've been doing some research concerning SP2 & my system. I thought the
following might be useful to others also running ZoneAlarm:

http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/free/information/znalm/zaReleaseHistory.html#5.1.011

New and improved features in ZoneAlarm version 5.1.011

Added Microsoft Security Center support
Added support for Microsoft SP2
Fixed Internet Explorer browsing issues
Fixed IIS FTP Server issues
Fixed Visual Studio2002/2003 with IIS issues
Fixed AOL Browser issues
Fixed check for update issues (proxy configuration detection)
Fixed issues with checkdisk
Fixed more system stability issues
Routine maintenance items

ZA 5.1.001 has updates specific to SP2, so anyone running an earlier
version might want to consider updating ZA before applying SP2.

I was running ZA v4.5 but turned it off prior to installing the XP SP2
upgrade. It continued to work fine when it rebooted. I then installed the
latest version of ZA (v5.1) partly based on your post (thank-you) and it too
is working fine.