XP2800+ barton overclocked

LoGi

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2003
Hi, i've a question.
We know that XP2800+ goes at 2.093mhz at 333fsb.
ok now with my ASUS A7N8X DELUXE pcb2.0 bios ver. 1005
i've set differnts frequences...
-fsb 200 --> resulting 400
-cycles at 11.0 --> resulting 2.21ghz
-memory at 200mhz (100%)

now the m.b. tell me i've installed a XP3200+
and the cpu is very stable and not much high with temperature.
Well we know that the diod of 2800+ doesn't work, but now...
i wanna know.... my XP2800+ will die soon???
hahahaha :)
Someone tell me something about this.
I've to reset all the parameters?
the processor, with some benchmark programs
beats the 2800+ at 2.24ghz about of 30% !!!!! in all calculations!!!!!

hi to all!!
Logi

God is a girl.

LoGi

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2003
....someone have taste it?? :)
I've played with gamez, worked with PhotoShop 7.01 and edited/mixed audio-video....
No problem. his temperature is stable at about 47°C to 53°C.

God is a girl.

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
....someone have taste it?? :)
Goodness I hope not. Who wants to lick thermal grease residue? Eeeeew. :p

Seriously though, basically you're overclocking your CPU, just like every other overclocker out there. (And believe me, there are plenty out there.)

Will it kill the CPU immediately? Probably not.

Will it shorten the lifespan of the CPU? Most likely.

How much will it shorten the lifespan of the CPU by? Who knows? That's as useful as asking how long the CPU will last while running at stock. It's different for each CPU.

So either enjoy the extra performance while it lasts (which could be anywhere between one minute and twenty years, give or take) or play it safe and put it back to its rated speed and hope that it lasts longer that way.

"<i>Yeah, if you treat them like equals, it'll only encourage them to think they <b>ARE</b> your equals.</i>" - Thief from <A HREF="http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=030603" target="_new">8-Bit Theater</A>

Civilized

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2001
yes you prob wont notice a difference with it overclocked or running at stock specs.....overclocking for me, is just to get some nice looking benchmarks to brag about

<A HREF="http://dnadesignz.kicks-ass.net" target="_new"><b><font color=green>MY SYSTEM</b></font color=green></A>

LoGi

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2003
oh well... only for good results in benchmark??
i think no.
with normal frequencies, to render an 1 hour movie in Vegas, it lost 30min of my life :=)
With overclocked frequences, it lost only 23 minutes of my life and 7 minutes, for my work.... are gold!! o)

elsewhere, in september the 64-bit will arrive here, so i'll send this for the New.... or maybe i'll give this good boy to my sister in right frequences....
but for now, if i don't see any strange comportaments by the cPU, i'll leave this as now....

....ps.: if it die before or decrease it's speeds, i'll change it without no money.... ]:=P

God is a girl.