Yamaha 16/10/40 Burn proof?

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Ok, I'm not big the CD-RW compartment. Heck, I have the slowest one you can get. LOL

But I was wondering if the new Yamaha drive is burn proof. I heard somewhere that it was but not sure. Thanks

Zyphoid

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
No their tecnology is called waste proof . 16X Write SpeedWith industry's fastest write speed, record a 74-minute CD in just under 5 minutes, fast enough to meet the tightest deadline!

10X ReWrite SpeedRecord, erase and record again rapidly at up to 10X speed, up to 999 times!

40X ReadWith the fastest read speed in the industry; Yamaha CD-RW recorders eliminate the need for an additional CD-ROM drive.

Buffer MemoryWith a generous 8MB buffer memory, Yamaha CD-RW drives save you time, wasted media and aggravation.

40X Maximum Audio RippingRip a 74-minute audio CD in less than 3 minutes, up to five times faster than other CD-RW or DVD-ROM drives. Ripping is the process of converting CD music tracks for creating music CDs on a PC.

Pure Phase Laser SystemThis exclusive Yamaha anti-glare laser technology eliminates unwanted reflections and glare when recording a CD, resulting in exceptional reliability.

Optimum Write Speed ControlTo improve reliability and performance, optimum write speed control automatically selects the best recording speed given a disk's capability and recording conditions.

Waste-Proof Write StrategyThis exclusive write strategy maximizes stability of the recording environment by combining a large buffer memory, CAV writing support for on-the-fly data backup, and specific fine-tunings to the recording software, resulting in elimination of buffer underruns and waste of media.

If the fat lady's singing at least shes losing weight.

G

Kill me if I am wrong, but I have come to understand that it does not have burn-proof like the plextors and TDKs. It's "burnproof" claim to fame it the 8MB buffer. That may or may not achieve you the same results as burn proof.

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Yes I knew all that stuff. All I was asking was if it had
Burn Proof like the Plextor's. Hehe..... (I use my burner all the time, trust me, I know what ripping, etc is :) but thanks for the info)

G

No burn proof included in the Yamaha. The folks over at cdrinfo.com tested one and made a few beer coasters when running apps in the backround while burning cdr's.

Andy

waggers

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
andy is right check out the site he mentioned,you might even be able to get a firmware update there,i did for my old 4/4/16

G

You might also check out www.cdrlabs.com, as they have done a test of the Yamaha unit, mixed feelings from their end on the drive and Burn-Proof.