YANI: Pet food in tins

Seems to me some tins should contain dog/ cat food- essentially tinned
tripe rations. Not sure how to give the food to the pet though, since
saying "no" when prompted to eat the contents of an open tin normally
discards it.

This feature would tie in well with the "tin opener=whistle" patch,
wherever that might be.

Wim Benthem wrote:
> On 26 Apr 2005 07:11:11 -0700, dogscoff@eudoramail.com wrote:
>
> >YANI: Pet food in tins

<snip>
> >This feature would tie in well with the "tin opener=whistle" patch,
> >wherever that might be.
>
> Opening the tin should work like a magic whistle, teleporting the pet
> to you. If you have a pet at home you should know this happens in
real
> life too. The player then gets offered to give the tin to their pet,
> and if they refuse something truly horrible should happen.

Well, in my household, it doesn't have to be opened. Just the sound
using the can opener alone can teleport my 3 cats into the kitchen.

Maybe tin opener should work only on high tameness pets (say, 15+), but
when you don't feed them immediately, they'd lose the tameness?

-K

--
Wim Benthem

Wim Benthem <wbenthem@wxs.nl> writes:

> Opening the tin should work like a magic whistle, teleporting the pet
> to you.

NHINRL

:^)

Nick

--
# sigmask (lambda deprecation version) 20041028 || feed this to a python
print ''.join([chr(ord(x)-1) for x in 'Ojdl!Wbshjti!=ojdlAwbshjti/psh?'])

Wim Benthem <wbenthem@wxs.nl> carefully considered, then mistyped:
> On 26 Apr 2005 07:11:11 -0700, dogscoff@eudoramail.com wrote:

>>YANI: Pet food in tins
>>
>>Seems to me some tins should contain dog/ cat food- essentially tinned
>>tripe rations. Not sure how to give the food to the pet though, since
>>saying "no" when prompted to eat the contents of an open tin normally
>>discards it.
>>
>>This feature would tie in well with the "tin opener=whistle" patch,
>>wherever that might be.

> Opening the tin should work like a magic whistle, teleporting the pet
> to you. If you have a pet at home you should know this happens in real
> life too.

but only if the pet eats.

> The player then gets offered to give the tin to their pet,
> and if they refuse something truly horrible should happen.

lose a little tameness?
or attacks you one turn?

carl ( truly horrible! )
--
carl cox , reseach scientist , carl{dot}cox@gtri.gatech.edu
GTRI : Georgia Tech Research Institute

Manuel

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

carldotcox@gtri.gatech.edu wrote:
> Wim Benthem <wbenthem@wxs.nl> wrote:
> > The player then gets offered to give the tin to their pet,
> > and if they refuse something truly horrible should happen.
>
> lose a little tameness?
> or attacks you one turn?

Do you want to feed the tinned tripe to Rex? (y) n
Rex gets angry! Rex hits! Rex Bites!
You DO want to give Rex the tripe, don't you? (y) _