Mivah

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2015
Hello, I just finished building 2 PC's, the first one is working flawlessly, but the second one is not posting at all, and the yellow DRAM led on the motherboard is constantly on.

I have (the 2 computers have the exact same specs)
CPU AMD 7600x
Motherboard: Asus B650-Plus-Wifi
Power supply: 850w ASUS
Ram: G.Skill Trident Z DDR 5 32GB

I've done the test without the GPU as I see no reason for it to be installed during troubleshooting

I feel like I have tried all troubleshooting steps.
Updated Bios to the latest version.

Cleared CMOS multiple times, both removing the battery and shorting the pins.

I've tested with ram sticks that I know are working, 1 at a time in all the ram slots (from the other pc)

I've bought a whole new motherboard, as they refused to give me a new one (lol, probably because they realized nothing was wrong with it)

I've reseated and tried all of the ram slots with 1 stick at a time
I've tried loosening the CPU cooler

I've tried plugging the power supply cables in and out and I've made sure they're all plugged in all the way

And I'm at a loss...

The same thing still keep happening even with the new motherboard.
When I try to start it, it doesn't cycle through the different leds, and it just goes straight to constant DRAM led. Which is what leads me to believe it might be the CPU.

In my opinion this leaves the only reasons to be either the CPU or the Power Supply.

Before I RMA the CPU I'd just like to hear if you have any other ideas that I might've not tried.

I can't be bothered to take the whole other computer apart, since I'd have to take out the motherboard, CPU cooler and CPU and to replace it with my (maybe) defective cpu as I am a bit scared it will mess up the other setup 😅

Looking forward to hearing y'all thoughts.

Ralston18

Titan
This motherboard?

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...UM_V3_WEB.pdf?model=TUF GAMING B650-PLUS WIFI

Verify that I found the applicable User Manual.

For the second PC:

Review the entire User Manual first then go back and double check that the RAM modules are correctly slotted and fully and firmly in place per Section 1.4 - Page 1-12.

Pay close attention to the Feathered Notes and the 4 bulleted comments.

Hopefully just some error of omission or commission with respect to the second PC.

Mivah

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2015
This motherboard?

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/Socket AM5/TUF GAMING B650-PLUS WIFI/E21902_TUF_GAMING_B650-PLUS_WIFI_UM_V3_WEB.pdf?model=TUF GAMING B650-PLUS WIFI

Verify that I found the applicable User Manual.

For the second PC:

Review the entire User Manual first then go back and double check that the RAM modules are correctly slotted and fully and firmly in place per Section 1.4 - Page 1-12.

Pay close attention to the Feathered Notes and the 4 bulleted comments.

Hopefully just some error of omission or commission with respect to the second PC.
Yes that exact motherboard, I've tried reseating the ram about 10 times but nothing changes, clicks in each time (also works when I plug it into the working one again, so I'm sure it been done right), it has consistently come up with the same "Yellow DRAM-LED" error.
As mentioned, I've tried identical ram sticks from a working computer with the same motherboard aswell. I feel like I'm running out of options and might have to RMA the cpu.

It just feels unlikely it would be the motherboard again 😅

Ralston18

Titan
Leave the working computer alone.

That said, is it possible to swap in another known working PSU into the problem computer?

Remember to use only the cables that come with the swapped in PSU.

I can agree with it not being the motherboard again.

However depending on where you live (not asking) and/or obtain components there could well be some defective or counterfeit products being sold.

You mentioned "as they refused to give me a new one" - barring specific valid reasons for the refusal I would be very wary of the vendor.

Any other choices for vendors?