You Favorite AI Traffic Add On ?

Denis

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2004
109
0
18,680
0
Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

Hey gang:


I am looking to achieve better results for "General Aviation " A.I. Traffic.
All the ad on's I see always reference "Airline" Traffic. Do any of these
also allow to add General Aviation Traffic ??



Denis <><
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

Denis,
I use a neat little FS2004 freeware program called "GA-Traffic". You can
find this program by searching the file libraries at www.flightsim.com for
the file: gatraffi.zip.
This program will take all of the general aviation airplanes that are
installed on your computer and generate flightplans for them. You can set
parameters for how much or how little traffic you want, what each category
of traffic does, which airports these flights fly into and out of, etc. It
generates general aviation traffic for all airports in FS2004, no matter
where in the world they are. I think its a great program.

Randy L.

"Denis" <knucklebutt@cox.net> wrote in message
news:KzAae.1918$pk5.1464@fed1read02...
> Hey gang:
>
>
> I am looking to achieve better results for "General Aviation " A.I.
> Traffic. All the ad on's I see always reference "Airline" Traffic. Do any
> of these also allow to add General Aviation Traffic ??
>
>
>
> Denis <><
>
 

Denis

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2004
109
0
18,680
0
Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

Randy: I had no idea that was available. I will certainly try that today;
Thanks for the info



Denis
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

Denis wrote:
> Randy: I had no idea that was available. I will certainly try that today;
> Thanks for the info
>
>
>
> Denis
>
>

Flight 1's Ultimate Traffic allows you to add as much or as little GA
traffic as you like. Plus, it generates real commerical traffic with
all planes having the correct liveries. Check it out at


www.flight1.com
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

Project AI also has Historical, regular Airlines, Cargo Airlines and then
the bonus. Military flights.

Self installing, no fighting with traffic tools or making parking spaces
with afcad. The installer takes care of everything.

Mark G

"ccsuwxman" <ccsuwxman@cox.net> wrote in message
news:bLOae.32557$d43.24197@lakeread03...
> Denis wrote:
>> Randy: I had no idea that was available. I will certainly try that
>> today; Thanks for the info
>>
>>
>>
>> Denis
>
> Flight 1's Ultimate Traffic allows you to add as much or as little GA
> traffic as you like. Plus, it generates real commerical traffic with all
> planes having the correct liveries. Check it out at
>
>
> www.flight1.com
>
>
>
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

"RandyL" <rlink"nospam"@cableone.net> wrote in message
news:116m7ns5kuq1t3e@corp.supernews.com...
> Denis,
> I use a neat little FS2004 freeware program called "GA-Traffic". You
can
> find this program by searching the file libraries at www.flightsim.com for
> the file: gatraffi.zip.
> This program will take all of the general aviation airplanes that are
> installed on your computer and generate flightplans for them. You can set
> parameters for how much or how little traffic you want, what each category
> of traffic does, which airports these flights fly into and out of, etc. It
> generates general aviation traffic for all airports in FS2004, no matter
> where in the world they are. I think its a great program.

I downloaded this program after reading the above, and I like it.

However, I have a slight problem -- it gave me the option to change an
airplane into an AI plane, so I tried it. Now, I can't fly the darn thing
myself any more! The original folder is still there, but it just isn't
available in FS9.

Oh well...
Earl

--
Earl Needham
Clovis, New Mexico USA
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

Earl,
That is weird. That has never happened to me, and I have been using this
program for about a year, and I have about 20 general aviation aircraft that
I have let ga-traffic convert to AI. The fact that the original aircraft
folder is still there is encouraging though. Pardon me for asking a really
obvious question, but was the aircraft that you converted to AI which
doesn't show up in your installed aircraft list an aircraft that you could
fly before ga-traffic converted it? Some FS2004 aircraft are simply AI
traffic to begin with, and don't show up in your list of installed
aircraft.The only thing that I can think of is that somehow the directory
filename got changed somehow. When ga-traffic makes AI aircraft, it creates
a copy of the original aircrafts directory to put the AI textures, but gives
the directory a "GA-AI" prefix. For instance, the default FS2004 Cessna
172's directory is named: "c172". After making an AI copy of this aircraft,
Ga-Traffic creates a directory in your Aircraft directory called "GA-AI
c172". But it leaves the original directory alone (or at least it has in all
the aircraft that I have installed). I hope you get this resolved.

Randy L.

"Earl Needham" <munged@3lefties.com> wrote in message
news:116qipih0pe7535@corp.supernews.com...
> "RandyL" <rlink"nospam"@cableone.net> wrote in message
> news:116m7ns5kuq1t3e@corp.supernews.com...
>> Denis,
>> I use a neat little FS2004 freeware program called "GA-Traffic". You
> can
>> find this program by searching the file libraries at www.flightsim.com
>> for
>> the file: gatraffi.zip.
>> This program will take all of the general aviation airplanes that are
>> installed on your computer and generate flightplans for them. You can set
>> parameters for how much or how little traffic you want, what each
>> category
>> of traffic does, which airports these flights fly into and out of, etc.
>> It
>> generates general aviation traffic for all airports in FS2004, no matter
>> where in the world they are. I think its a great program.
>
> I downloaded this program after reading the above, and I like it.
>
> However, I have a slight problem -- it gave me the option to change an
> airplane into an AI plane, so I tried it. Now, I can't fly the darn thing
> myself any more! The original folder is still there, but it just isn't
> available in FS9.
>
> Oh well...
> Earl
>
> --
> Earl Needham
> Clovis, New Mexico USA
>
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

"RandyL" <rlink"nospam"@cableone.net> wrote in message
news:116qp0h7v5bk5b1@corp.supernews.com...
> Earl,
> That is weird. That has never happened to me, and I have been using
this
> program for about a year, and I have about 20 general aviation aircraft
that
> I have let ga-traffic convert to AI. The fact that the original aircraft
> folder is still there is encouraging though. Pardon me for asking a really
> obvious question, but was the aircraft that you converted to AI which
> doesn't show up in your installed aircraft list an aircraft that you could
> fly before ga-traffic converted it?

Oh yeah, it was a MATS Connie that was fun to play with. Although, the
autopilot was weird and sometimes caused the whole sim to lock up!

> Some FS2004 aircraft are simply AI
> traffic to begin with, and don't show up in your list of installed
> aircraft.The only thing that I can think of is that somehow the directory
> filename got changed somehow.

No, it's still there. I'm not sure what caused it, and I don't have
time to try to fix it just now, as I'm headed to Cincinatti in the morning.
Maybe later.

Earl

--
Earl Needham
Clovis, New Mexico USA
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY