Question "Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (DNS Server) is not responding"

Mar 21, 2021
My MSI Wireless AC905C appears to have ceased to function properly, with the "Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (DNS Server) is not responding" error. I have tried every single fix that I can find, but nothing has resolved the issue. Not even re-installing windows and the device drivers, though after the re-install it did function for about 10 minutes and then the same exact issue arose yet again.

I've managed to get the WiFi to stay connected and function, but it is extremely slow despite the reported speed being above 200 Mbp/s.

I've also just discovered, a few minutes ago that switching from the 5Ghz mode down to 2.4 seems to have allowed it to function somewhat normally, albiet at the slower speeds of 2.4. The card itself supports dual-band, but it seems that dual band is breaking the connection somehow. It has worked fine for a long while, but I am missing one of the antenna that came with the card, perhaps something changed that now requires the other one?

Mar 21, 2021
To clear it up a bit, all 2.4Ghz bands function properly (802.11b/g 802.11b, 802.11/g) But both my Dual-band and 5Ghz bands do not work, it's the issue as described before. It'll either connect and say "Internet Access" but either not load, or load extremely slow, or it'll be stuck on "Indentifying...", or it will just say No Internet access.

Another thing just happened: The 2.4 band stopped working, swapped to the 5Ghz 802.11a band and the 802.11n. The reported speed by windows is now 130, and it seems to work for now. What is going on?

Some observations.

It is strange you only get b & g you should also get "n" on 2.4g. The 5g sometimes calls ac n depends on the card.
The card kinda needs both antenna to get high speed. If uses both antenna both on the 2.4 and 5g. You will only get 1/2 the speed with only 1 antenna. Unlike very old equipment it does not use different antenna for 2.4 and 5.

These problems can be caused by many things. Check to be sure other devices work fine otherwise you consider the router. The most common cause is interference. It "might" help to change the channels on the router but that seldom work now days because all channels are massively over crowded. There is a chance it is a failed card but the only way you really know is to buy a new one so when you have tried everything else you just gamble and replace the wifi card. At least the wifi is not a chip on the motherboard.

Mar 21, 2021
Some observations.

It is strange you only get b & g you should also get "n" on 2.4g. The 5g sometimes calls ac n depends on the card.
The card kinda needs both antenna to get high speed. If uses both antenna both on the 2.4 and 5g. You will only get 1/2 the speed with only 1 antenna. Unlike very old equipment it does not use different antenna for 2.4 and 5.

These problems can be caused by many things. Check to be sure other devices work fine otherwise you consider the router. The most common cause is interference. It "might" help to change the channels on the router but that seldom work now days because all channels are massively over crowded. There is a chance it is a failed card but the only way you really know is to buy a new one so when you have tried everything else you just gamble and replace the wifi card. At least the wifi is not a chip on the motherboard.
The card has functioned at relatively high speeds normally with just one antenna, but I have managed to get it to function on the 5Ghz band alone, it is slightly slower than was before, I still find it very strange, this issue feels extremely inconsistent. I also get both AC/N for 5Ghz on the second option in the images below (I can only assume that's what it's in reference to).

If it helps, I've attached images with the configuration that's worked consistently thus far.

View: https://imgur.com/a/TP82h7E