Question Youtube on firefox crashes PC sometimes

pyfreak7401

Prominent
Apr 6, 2020
Hello. I've been a having this issue for months now and i've been searching for a solution ever since but to no avail. Sometimes while watching videos on youtube, when i try to enter/exit fullscreen my screen goes black. For a few seconds i can hear the audio playing in the background, after 1-2 seconds it becomes choppy and finally my computer restarts.
This has been happening while using Firefox. I've tried disabling hardware accelaeration but it didn't do anything. All the drivers are up to date. Anyone experiencing the same problem? Any possible solutions ?

Colif

Win 11 Master
do you get any errors? Anything showing in reliability monitor on the days it happens?

If its only sometimes, how often... windows 10 gets a new version update every 6 months so reliability monitor might not go back very far.

maybe next time it happens, look in reliability monitor or event viewer and see if anything obvious.

what are specs of the PC?

pyfreak7401

Prominent
Apr 6, 2020
I remember only looking once the first time it happened and i don't think i noticed anything out of the ordinary. To be honest it doesn't matter anymore. I'm 99.9% sure it's Firefox. I've been using Chrome since yesterday all day straight and no black screens at all. I think it has to do with the way it enters the fullscreen mode in each browser. Try it yourself and you'll see there is a difference.