[SOLVED] z370 aorus ultra gaming motherboard not detecting m.2

Jul 22, 2020
Good day to you.

I've bought my self an M.2 SSD and I have installed it into my motherboard in the top slot under the CPU. I have disconnected all my other SSD's and HDD's, but the board isn't detecting the M.2. I have gone and update the motherboard to the latest BIOS (as of the 20/07/2020) but still no luck.

Any help at all will be great

Solution
Which M.2 SSD did you install? Is it installed correctly with a screw?

if it´s a nvme SSD, it shouldn´t matter where to install and just work.
If it´s a SATA based M.2 SSD, you have to install it to the slot M2A_32G (second slot).
The port SATA3 0 will be not available then.

If it´s a SATA based M.2 SSD, you have to install it to the slot M2A_32G (second slot).

Last edited:
Reactions: Obliviondrift1
Solution
Jul 22, 2020

yes, it is a SATA based M.2 SSD. I'm going to move it to the second slot tonight and will update you on my progress.

Thanks a ton. 😁

Reactions: helpstar
Jul 22, 2020

Hey, just a quick update...

It worked in the second slot, but I had to reload windows onto it. The trick is to have every other HDD or SSD disconnected, then only try load windows onto it. The cloning software didn't detect the M.2 when it was on the motherboard so I couldn't try a direct clone, it might have fount it if I have an external USB caddy for the M.2 but I didn't so I couldn't test it ... but now my PC is super fast (gotta go fast). Thanks for the help, much appreciated 😁

Reactions: helpstar

TRENDING THREADS