Z68 chipset motherboard & XP operating system,any troubles there.

Wish I Was Wealthy

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Hi. :hello: I was just wondering if anybody has had any trouble with their Z68 motherboard (or even the P8P67 motherboard) & installed windows XP onto it. I have had several problems with mine,but when I dual booted with windows 7,it seemed to be quite pleasant to use. :pt1cable: I had dual booted first with vist ultimate first & again it seemed quite good. :pt1cable: Then I done the windows 7 dual boot & like I said it went well. ;) Since then I have formatted the newer versions off & reinstalled windows XP. The same problem occured. :pt1cable: First after booting up into XP it seems to be a little slower than my previous X58 chipset with an XP installed onto it. :pt1cable: Also when I installed Mavis Beacons Teaches Typing Course Platinum ver.20, the mouse pointer seems to freeze & it just gets worse the more often I use this software by Mavis Beacon. :pt1cable: I should of installed more software programs onto this Asus P8H67-M_le model pc that I made myself,but I just thought that there maybe some kind of a virus or something similar that could maybe transfer from one cd to another cd when installing them onto my pc. :pt1cable: My specifications are :- Processor,core i7 2600. Motherboard,Aus P8H67 M le. Ram,corsair 1x2 GB stick @ 7-8-7-20. DVD burner,Asus x24 (more recent model). Hard Drive Disc,Western Digital Velociraptor 450 GB sata 3 @ 6 GB/s. Case,Numan model # 2019B (which has a 400watt power supply unit already built in). Also a cheap brand all in one floppy drive & digital camera card reader,that I forgot the name of,which I bought new & it was sealed from a U.S.A. west coast store over eBay. I have got a logitec 15 keyboard & a logitec mouse. Before anybody points anything out,I have tried another new clean mouse that I bought from another totally different store & the same problem occurs. :pt1cable: Could someone solve this problem or even give me some hints or clues as to what it could be & also the place to go to,to get some fixs. :)

Solution

Wish I Was Wealthy

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
I should add also that I did unplug that usb 2.0 internal floppy drive & digital camera card reader that I got over eBay & reformatted the HDD & reinstalled with another copy of a retail boxed windows XP operating system that I own. ;) When the same problem occured after installing all drivers & Mavis Beacons Teaches Typing Platinum ver.20,I just reformatted again & reinstalled with the original retail boxed windows XP that I had on it from the start. Once again all motherboard CD drivers was installed & Mavis Beacons software reinstalled with the same problems happening again. :pt1cable: Slow feeling windows XP,slower than on a X58 chipset when I boot into XP its self & also that mouse pointer freeze when within Mavis Beacons software program. I should add though that when I go into the control center fast & go into the maintenance control panel than go into my system clicking real fast through,I have noticed a double bump. Like instead of it just staying there after clicking it,it seemed to bounce up & down once more or a doulbe bump,once triple bumped. Maybe this explains it better I clicked it once & it appeared,then disappeared,just to come back again straight away & stay. Do not forget that I have so far had no other mouse freezing problems at all in any other area of this pc's operating system. One more thing,I have installed the same Mavis Beacons Teaches Typing Platinum ver.20 onto this PC that I am using on this forum & it works with no trouble at all. It is a MSI H55M-E21 mainboard & core i5 680 @ 3.591 GHz to be exact with another copy of a retail boxed windows XP Pro within the same numan case,but with a WD velociraptor 150 GB sata 2 @ 3 GB/s,with 1x2 GB stick of corsair ram with 9-9-9-24 native timings. So what could it be. Sorry I should of had this on the main post,I did try it also with service pack 3 & also with just the service pack 2 installed. So again what could it be. :pt1cable:

roscolo

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010

No. I dual boot XP 32 bit and Win 7 Ult 64 bit. No problems with either OS.

CPU666d1

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2011

Well Wish I Was Wealthy! Your just another victim of the making money for the local pc repair shop swindle. :fou: They're after as much easy money as they can make (cash preferred,so as to avoid tax or you have to pay a surcharge for using your credit card). ;) It's so easy to repair for them,because they have actually put viruses onto your pc hardware parts in the first place. :lol: There is two things that you can do. First,go back to let them find a solution (since it will be so easy for them to find,since they gave it to you in the first place.) or secondly just go some where else to get repaired or to buy some new parts to make another new pc.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS