Nov 8, 2022
Recently i built a new PC and it has a weird problem. I use an i5-12400f on an MSI Z690-A DDR5 motherboard with Kingston Fury Beast DDR5 5200MHz 2x8 and a Corsair TX650M PSU. Sometimes when i open my pc it fails to load anything not even the bios then shuts itself off and when i reopen it , it says overclock unstable and resets my overclock settings , so basically my XMP. The majority of the time it boots fine and once im loaded into windows it never crashes even with hard usage like cinebench runs and streaming/recording games. I updated the bios to the latest version thinking it would fix the problem but it didn't. I also used a different power supply from my old pc(again a corsair unit i think CX600W) and it had the same issue. I don't know which part is causin g the issue if even one exists at all. Maybe someone with more experience can help me find if there is a weird problem to where it tries to OC my cpu which cant be done since its a non-k model or what part can be causing this. Would appreciate any help.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

a Corsair TX650M PSU
How old is this unit?

I also used a different power supply from my old pc(again a corsair unit i think CX600W) and it had the same issue.
You should retire this unit, it's nothing but an expensive paperweight.

BIOS version for your motherboard? How are you cooling that processor? Case make and model and the orientation of the fans inside said case? Ambient air temps?

Nov 8, 2022

a Corsair TX650M PSU
How old is this unit?

I also used a different power supply from my old pc(again a corsair unit i think CX600W) and it had the same issue.

BIOS version for your motherboard? How are you cooling that processor? Case make and model and the orientation of the fans inside said case? Ambient air temps?
7D25vA92 is the latest bios for the motherboard i have. Since its a non-k cpu i use the stock cooler. Cougar MX330-G is the case and i have 2 intake fans and 1 exhaust fan . But temps shouldn't matter since i monitor them , the only time it goes over 85 degrees is during a cinebench run. Lastly the power supply is from around 2015 but i got a brand new one

Nov 8, 2022

a Corsair TX650M PSU
How old is this unit?

Oh the TX650M is about 1 week old , the other psu i tried is from 2015