Z77-UD5H - (PC shuts down after waking up from SLEEP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr3thepooner

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2009
Hey All!

Just built brand new system, installed new bios i think its F7, running Z77-UD5H /Intel i5 - 3570K with an 4.2Ghz stable OC, everything is awesome.

One annoying issue though~! When i put PC to sleep or it goes to sleep on its own, when i try to wake it with mouse or Keyboard... the systems comes up all the fans spin for a while and then it shuts down, and kinda tries to start again but turns off in the end.

When i turn it back on - its sitting at the lock screen in windows like none happened, no systems errors, or unexpected shut-down messages are reported...

Once again, all the new drivers seem to be installed, new bios f7, and i even tried playing with "AC Back" power feature in BIOS setting it to Always off/on/memory same thing

Any suggestions , good people of internets?

Win7 Ult 64
8 GB Gskill RAM
i5 - 3570K @ 4.2ghz

dr3thepooner

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2009
Wow not a single response.

I found out with Gigabyte support what the issue is on my own at this point.

- This has to do with S1 / S3 sleep states.
- The def. status is S3 - suggested I bring it back from sleep by power button which works fine as I tested.

- They suggested i switch to S1 state, but there is no such option in BIOS as far as I know.

So this is the verdict for now, S1 state needs to be enabled to support wake on USB device. If some one heard anything how to enable S1 with UD5H, please do share.

Taggerman

Honorable
Jul 2, 2012
I have built my system on the Gigabyte Z77M-DH3 Mobo, and was curious about the lack of a BIOS option to set the suspend state. Seems the normal option to set S1, S2, S3 etc is nowhere to be found. My system just falls to sleep in S3. I'm not too concerned apart from the lack of any outward sign that the computer is in a suspend state as there's no blinking LED as you would normally have for S1. Surely Gigabyte hasn't forgotten to implement a Suspend State option on this board, or has it?

Taggerman

Honorable
Jul 2, 2012

I have Windows 7 set to Hybred Sleep after 30 minutes, but I feel pretty sure "Suspend to S1, S2 etc" is a function of BIOS rather than the OS.
I'm running BIOS version F5, not the latest, but it's stable and I don't think BIOS version F8 would change things in this regard.
I can live without the flashing LED that suspend to S1 gives ( or doesn't in my case) - I'm just curious as to why the Gigabyte User Manual says "the LED keeps blinking when the system is in S1 sleep state" but hasn't got a BIOS setting for sleep states that I can see.

DanShortt

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2012
I have the z77m-d3h, and get the exact same problem, and as above no option to change the suspend state in the bios... really poor! Only got the board 10 days ago... and already I'm thinking about tossing it.. I use sleep ALL the time. I'd stay clear of this board.

G

Hi

Did you manage to solve the wake from sleep problem?

/Zilch

Status
Not open for further replies.