Question ZOTAC Firestorm 1080ti Fan Bug

Sep 26, 2019
Hello ladies and gentlemen.

I've been having this weird bug for a few days now and it has started to annoy me. For some reason, Firestorm does not allow me to force the fan speed to something below 25%, even at low temperatures (below 30 Celsius). For instance, it is currently at 27% while at 22 Celsius, which makes no sense at all. For most of its lifetime, the fans would only pop off above 42 Celsius. I have absolutely no idea why it rests at 25% at all times now, though.

Manual override does not work, and neither does the Advanced setting. In it, I set the fans to kick off only when it reaches 40 Celsius, to replicate its original behaviour, and to reach 100% at 60. No effect whatsoever, and yes, I've hit "Apply" multiple times.

Does anyone here relate to this issue, or has a fix to it? I know it's something of minor importance, but it annoys me so, since it's using its fans for absolutely no valid reason.

EDIT: Firestorm does obey manual fan commands above 25%, though, so there's something preventing it from going below that threshhold, and not something forbidding manual overrides altogether. Also, it is not a static 25% but a slight escalation from that level, from 25% at 17 Celsius to 30% at 25.

Sep 26, 2019
I've just installed it and put the custom fan setting from 0% at 30C to 100% at 60C. It is still at 25% at 30C regardless.

Even the manual override has its minumum value set to 25% for some reason. It is simply not possible to make the fans stop, no matter what.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.