Question Zotac RTX 3070 repeating FPS drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 20, 2021
Hey, guys! I faced the most ridiculous and notorious issue which happened to my Zotac ECM73070C. It started happening a month ago when I noticed some stuttering while playing RDR Online. One out of 5 launches or so i experienced critical lags which quickly disappeared after game relaunch. Then I didn't turn on my PC for a month. When I returned and launched the game I noticed the same lagging... i thought "okay, i'm gonna relaunch the game", but the issue was still there.

Also a weird issue happened. The PC wouldn't show boot screen. Instead of that it made 5 beeps and then instantly loaded Windows. I was trying different things and finally.... HDMI cable replacement helped! I mean maybe it's not related but all those weird things started at the same time so i'm just telling what's going on. The stutters, then HDMI cable failed, etc.

So those drops are repeating, once in 3-4 seconds. Also, it seems like they correspond with some GPU power consumption drops, but not sure that it happens all the time like that. In Zotac they say it may be the card issue so they're still investigating. However, maybe anyone faced a similar issue? It's the first time i see such a weird behavior.

I'm worried it's something wrong with CPU or PSU. Or maybe it's a software issue after another Windows update.... Anyway this makes me nervous, cause the glitch is hard to diagnose, hard to explain and it actually kills the whole performance. Gaming is not possible now.

Also another weird thing which may not be related too, but I have to tell. Geekbench results before were pretty stable, but now the final score varies up to 10%. This is also something i didn't notice before. I don't know what could possibly happen to my PC when i was away, given that i unplugged it from the socket... But i tried google similar FPS issue and got nothing. Hope you guys may tell what it can possibly be.

Last edited:
Hey, guys! I faced the most ridiculous and notorious issue which happened to my Zotac ECM73070C. It started happening a month ago when I noticed some stuttering while playing RDR Online. One out of 5 launches or so i experienced critical lags which quickly disappeared after game relaunch. Then I didn't turn on my PC for a month. When I returned and launched the game I noticed the same lagging... i thought "okay, i'm gonna relaunch the game", but the issue was still there.

Also a weird issue happened. The PC wouldn't show boot screen. Instead of that it made 5 beeps and then instantly loaded Windows. I was trying different things and finally.... HDMI cable replacement helped! I mean maybe it's not related but all those weird things started at the same time so i'm just telling what's going on. The stutters, then HDMI cable failed, etc.

So those drops are repeating, once in 3-4 seconds. Also, it seems like they correspond with some GPU power consumption drops, but not sure that it happens all the time like that. You can see it on videos here. In Zotac they say it may be the card issue so they're still investigating. However, maybe anyone faced a similar issue? It's the first time i see such a weird behavior.

I'm worried it's something wrong with CPU or PSU. Or maybe it's a software issue after another Windows update.... Anyway this makes me nervous, cause the glitch is hard to diagnose, hard to explain and it actually kills the whole performance. Gaming is not possible now.

Also another weird thing which may not be related too, but I have to tell. Geekbench results before were pretty stable, but now the final score varies up to 10%. This is also something i didn't notice before. I don't know what could possibly happen to my PC when i was away, given that i unplugged it from the socket... But i tried google similar FPS issue and got nothing. Hope you guys may tell what it can possibly be.
Try running cmd as admin and run this "sfc /scannow" no " then reinstall gpu drivers

Reactions: Mikey91
Dec 20, 2021
So i checked the system with sfc - no errors found. I used a special driver uninstaller to completely remove nVidia driver from the system and made a clean install of the latest driver.

So, i think i found the issue but i'm not sure which is the first - a GPU or PSU. When FPS drops at the same time the sound generated by PSU interrupts as well, so the power drops and GPU lags. But is it a GPU that is damaged and can't manage the power supply or is it a PSU which can not deliver a constant power supply?

Dec 20, 2021
Okay guys! For everyone who's interested... I found the issue!! HDMI output on my nVidia card has a malfunction. When i plug HDMI cable to built-in output on my motherboard (it then uses a software GPU switch), i don't have those drops.

Can anyone tell how the HDMI could be damaged and how on earth can it affect drastically the GPU performance?

Ralston18

Titan
@merroe

You have posted to an old thread.

Please start a new thread with more details about the problem(s) and include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, condition (original to build, new, refurbished, used)?

Also include disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?

Closing this thread to further posts.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS