AVI

Page 3 - Forum discussion tagged with AVI.
  1. E

    Do I need to replace my PSU for these upgrades?

    Hey, I will buy new PC parts soon and I want to know if I should replace my Corsair CX500 PSU with a new one - Here are my upgrades - Replacing - Intel Core i5-2300 With - Intel Core i5-4670k (Overclock to 4.5Ghz) Replacing - Kingston ValueRam 2*2GB DDR3-1333 With - Corsair 2x4GB XMS3 DDR3...
  2. C

    Does the PSU I have chosen have the right connections for the GPU?

    Hey guys, Title basically says it all, I am about to build my first rig and have chosen the parts, but do not know if the PSU has the right connectors to power the graphics cards. The power supply; http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=15_535&products_id=23364 The...
  3. H

    Are these Temps okay ?

    Just got a new aftermarket cpu cooler , the h212 evo from coolermaster. I have a amd fx-6300, while on idle with this cooler im at around 20 celsius, and while running guildwars2 im at 30 celsius, now my house is air conditioned very well so this could explain why its running colder than i...
  4. T

    Will this build play next gen games?

    I want to know if this build will play next gen games like arkham knight, thief etc. Mother Board: Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 Processor: FX 6300 RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 2x4gb Video Card: (I hope to get) Sapphire 100365L Radeon R9 270 My power supply is 600w. (I am building on a budget)
  5. G

    best gaming laptop

    Hello agian, i am looking for a gaming laptop under $600. I want to have a 15.6 inch screen and probably amd apu or somethig similiar, this is for my friend and maybe for me. He plans on playing 2014 games at medium-high settings links please!
  6. clutchc

    GTX 780 Ti and PCIe 2.0?

    I was contemplating getting a GTX 780 Ti. I am still using a Sandy Bridge processor (i5-2500K) , and therefore only have access to PCIe 2.0. I was wondering what the opinions were as to if there would be any performance loss with a card of that class running at PCIe 2.0...
  7. XxskaterjerkxX

    Ram being used more now than before ?

    I just recently installed my new power supply cause my old one burnt out on me and iv come to notice that my ram is being used allot more than usual i have a meter showing me what my usage and i'm using 2gb of ram for just going on Google chrome and running windows 7. Looking at my processes...
  8. MavericksAR

    Bent USB 3 Pins fixable?

    hello all, im about to buy a gaming motherboard which has bent usb 3 pins? will they be fixable or not? only a few of them are bent. thanks
  9. T

    Am I going to get any consistency difference between the G. skill ripjaws series X vs. the G. skill Sniper?

    I was kind of set on the G. skill ripjaws series X 8gb (2x4gb) considering they are popular and reliable, especially when wanting to overclock or reduce timings. Am I going to notice any difference in quality if I were to switch to the G. skill sniper 8gb (2x4gb)? The only reason I ask is...
  10. K

    Help with first build - 1000 pound budget

    Hi this is what I came up with for now - http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/2GYHO so please recommend me the best build for that money and if I buy all the parts from CCL computers with pay later for 3 months will I have warranty because there is no info on this site ? No need for peripherals or OS...
  11. L

    Crash when creating system image

    Hey there, I recently tried to create system image and its maybe minute into the process and then blue screens. Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1 Locale ID: 1033 Additional information about the problem: BCCode: 1000007e BCP1...
  12. A

    Comparison between GTX 660 SC by EVGA vs R9 270

    I have recently purchased the 660 SC from amazon for $180, and I have really only heard amazing things about it. Still I am not convinced that it was the right decision. If it helps, I have a z87 chipset in a mini ITX with an i7 4770k. Space is not an issue. I am open to any other suggestions...
  13. F

    Windows 7 (NOT ACTIVATED) to Ultimate?

    Is it possible to have a non activated windows 7 be upgraded into the ultimate windows 7? I have the product key for ultimate but not for the regular windows 7
  14. B

    Will a corsair cx500 Modular power-supply fit in a dell optiplex 745 MT?

    So i want to upgrade my power supply to a 500 watt and i was looking and saw this one and i like the modular, also right now i do have a 7750 with the 305 watt in it(I think its 305) but i want to be on the safe side and get a higher watt can anyone confirm that this will fit into my case?
  15. F

    How best to organize read (used) files without making a new folder

    Hi i have the problem that i have a large archive (30000) for example of documents, pdf etc. which i want to have ALL in one Folder. I wanted to somehow mark/flag/color certain files in this folder which i already read for example, so that i know which file is read and which not when viewing...
  16. C

    H100i push vs pull

    So I'm planning to get a H100i, and first off my question is, should I keep the stock fans or buy SP120s' to replace them, and should I configure it in push or pull?
  17. A

    Gaming PC for 2014 is it good ??

    Procesor : AMD AM3+ FX-8350 4,00 GHz 125w BOX Motherbord : asus sabertooth 990fx r2.0 am3+ 6sata3 6usb3.0 atx Video Card : gigabyte gtx 780ti 3gb ddr5 n78toc 3gd RAM : CORSAIR DDR3 16GB 2x8GB PC 1600 Vengeance Black Heatspreader CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10 ( its CL 10 ) Liquid cooling : Cooler Master...
  18. J

    Anyone know the Happy husby guest password?

    Need password in Menomonie, WI y thanks!
  19. K

    Graphics drivers has stopped responding (amdkmdap) and has recovered.

    Graphics drivers has stopped responding (amdkmdap) Hello, recently I've started seeing crashes while playing games. It's fairly random, sometimes I can play for 2 hours and it's all smooth, sometimes just 5 minutes and it crashes. Shortly before the crashes I get a "checkered" image and I...
  20. ren9999

    what heatsink/fansink to get for cpu

    i am looking for what heatsink/fansink to get for an intel core 2 quad Q9550 processor, which will be replacing the cpu currently in my computer i can pretty much garuntee that any heatsink that would come with a q9550 would probably be to large: my current fansink (its a heatsink with fan...
  21. G

    Photo Story v. Movie Maker

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?) How does Photo Story 2 (or 3) differ from Movie Maker? Does Photo Story allow me any more freedom with audio than Movie Maker? Specifically, will I be able to 'splice' two songs together? For example, fading one song out...
  22. G

    tool/taskbar

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?) my toolbar /taskbar has moved from horizontaly on the bottom of my screen to vertically on the right hand side of the screen. How did this happen and how do i get it back to the bottom horizontal position! could a virus cause...
  23. G

    install to a different drive

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) I have my hard drive in three partitions C,f & G. How can i make sure that programs are installed on F instead of C which is where they normally go. I have set my downloads to install to F
  24. S

    New Build not posting

    Hi, I have just recently purchased all the components to build my first computer, sat down last night and after assembling everything I could not get it to boot. I guess the first step is to give you my components and such: CPU Intel Core i7-2600 Processor 3.4GHz 8 MB Cache Socket LGA1155 MOBO...
  25. B

    Why is this PSU so cheap?

    link: http://www.dabs.com/products/best-value-alpine-500w-psu-120mm-red-fan-78ZN.html?prev=702Y 500W £11.98 , never heard of alpine, but looks cool =P, so um what is up with this?
  26. V

    Cannon lbp2900b

    Hello, our systems cannon software was erased. hence please send software cannon lbp2900b software to take printout. ashoka polymers. Viji.
  27. G

    Release Dates For Xbox 360 - Have World Wide Release Dates..

    Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?) Australia?
  28. B

    How to access my sound card mixer controls?

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?) I need to access the sound card mixer controls to fix something for the Sound Recorder on my Windows XP.
  29. G

    help with explorer.exe

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) well she didnt tell me much about deleting it. just that she thought it was suspicious or something so she deleted it thinkin she would be able to get it back. i tryed sfc /scannow and she siad it didnt work...
  30. G

    Question about hot swapping hard drives...

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) I'd like to know if there is a way to make XP refresh it's hard drive info after hot swapping a hard drive. I've been playing around with hot swap drive bays, and I'd like to swap drives in and out without having to...
  31. D

    Why do 2560x1600 monitors cost so much?

    I really would have loved to have a 2560x1600 monitor 'cause I do gfx desing and 3d... but they are too costly :(. The lowest price I saw was $1200 , that's just ridiculous imo.
  32. T

    Microsoft Webcam Installation Instructions

    Hello, I can't get my webcam to work. I can see but not hear the other person. They can hear me, but not see me
  33. G

    Keyboard short-cut to "see" hidden file...

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) Hi, Is there any short-cut to toggle show/hide those hidden file??
  34. G

    games site

    Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?) This site www.freewebs.com/kevin10078 (go to the games section has a good sims unerversity review) You should really check it out!
  35. M

    Realtek

    Hello, I have Acer veriton L460 and installed windows 7 on it. It can not install audio drivers and i am trying to search for them on net but with no luck. Any1 who knows how to solve this issue.
  36. immortalduck

    Old files of windows? Vista -> 7

    Just complete building my new PC. I cannot for the life of me get windows 7 to install. First of all the old hard drive which I kept because it was still very new had Windows Vista on it. All i wanted to do was throw the Windows 7 CD in and just reformat it. It would not let me. My choices...
  37. A

    How to record computer from other computer

    Hello, how to view computer transaction to other computers at the same time?
  38. clintwilks

    SAMSUNG 30nm 1600 vs G.SKILL 1600mhz problem?? what is going on?

    hey guys, ill make this quick and to the point: Been using G.SKILL ripjaws 2gb x 4 (8gb) 1600mhz 9 9 9 24 1.5v at stock settings / voltages. today i went and got the samsung 30nm low voltage/low profile ram...i need to know if this is somehow not reflective of the performance im actually...
  39. M

    Compability and Power supply

    Hello, I have just compiled a list of hardware items i want for my first pc gamer build. I would like to know if everything is compatible and how much power i may need, i tried an extreme power calculator but i would like human input as well.. thanks ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI...
  40. V

    XP Firwall & Anti-spyware (beta)

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?) Hello; Unfortunately after running of the new Microsoft Anti-spy ware (beta) And running of that, my firewall doesn’t work anymore and I have to Restore can you help. Please don't mention to the Beta Version! I...