DFI

Page 3 - Forum discussion tagged with DFI.
  1. T

    Dual Processor, and Current Boards

    Hi all, i have been a long time lurker on Tom's hardware guide . I really only research new computer technology in depth when I prepare to buy a new computer every 12 months. I am really anticipating the dual core processors that are supposed to be out mid year. Right now I am looking at the...
  2. T

    Worst thing said about chipset this year!

    The interview : <A HREF="http://www.digitimes.com/mobos/a20041216PR202.html" target="_new">http://www.digitimes.com/mobos/a20041216PR202.html</A> <b>The non-sense stuff in it :</b> Damn! I can't believe this! One one the most impressive feature od the AMD64 architecture is questioned by the...
  3. G

    Recommended USB 2.0 PCI card for VA503+?

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.fic (More info?) I'm thinking of getting an external USB 2.0 CD-RW/DVD-RW+ enclosure for my VA503+ and NF7s v2.0. Any thoughts/recommendations on either? Does Kyle Brant still frequent this newsgroup? Merry Christmas Kyle! -Bill (remove...
  4. M

    HELP - K8n won't post

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?) Hi all, I am trying to put together this system (everything new): 1. asus K8n 2. AMD64 2800 w/ retail fan/hs 3. Corsair VS512DDR400 4. Antec Power Supply TRUE 430 * Nvidia MX400 * SATA HD When I put together the first 4 items...
  5. G

    ASUS P4R800V Deluxe and WinXP MCE2005 : problems

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?) Hi, I have a P4R800V Deluxe with P4-3.2GHz-1Mb, 1Gb of Kingston RAM, ATA HARD DISK. When I install WinXP MCE2005 edition with no PCI boards mounted but just the integrated chipsets active the Audio and Video CODECS are reported...
  6. G

    Again: No POST!

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs,videocards.nvidia (More info?) (Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus and alt.comp.periphs,videocards.nvidia) Hi, I posted already about this problem, now I have some more information: It seems to me that the...
  7. G

    Adding Network connector on a Gigabyte MB

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?) I bought a complete system containing a GA-7VTX Gigabyte motherboard (Via KT266 AGPSet Chipset) a while back ago, and I never had broadband connection until now... which is when I realize that network connector is not...
  8. G

    Question about Promise Controller on A8V

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?) Is it possible to put Ide Hdd's on the promise controller and use them normal drive drives and boot from them without setting up raid. Basically I want to put two Ide drives on the promise controller with one of them as the...
  9. G

    Difference Between PC3200 400MHz 2-64x64 Dual Channel Ultr..

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?) What is the difference between PC3200 400MHz Dual Channel Ultra Series DDR PC2700 400MHz Dual Channel Ultra Series DDR Can both be used in most Intel Mobos newer ones ? besides the speed advantage?
  10. S

    New computer setup

    Hello everyone.I am new to this messageboard.I have recently decided that I am going to purchase a new computer and peice it together myself.From looking at all of the posts on this website,I am still unable to determine the exact parts that I need to buy.It seems that for every different...
  11. G

    TUSL2-C Can't POST

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?) Greetings, all! I have been given a TUSL2-C-based system (BIOS 1012) to diagnose. I'm sort of stumped, so I am hoping that someone else has seen this behaviour and can give me a hint. ;) When I power on the system it doesn't...
  12. vagabond

    Upgrading to XP and 512MB

    Hey folks, Got an MSI 6318 mobo with an Intel PIII 733Mhz CPU; VIA VT82C694X Chipset; 300W PSU. Currently she has 2 sticks of RAM equaling 256MB. One is PC 133 the other PC 100. It's running. She wants to upgrade the OS to XP and booost RAM to 512. I checked the mobo's specs and it states...
  13. G

    P4C800-E Deluxe - CPU Fan Speed Conrol?

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?) What mechanism controls the CPU fan speed? I recently built two nearly identical machines around the P4C800-E Deluxe motherboard. Both with P4 3.0GHz Northwood processors and using the stock Intel heatsink & fan with thermal...
  14. I

    Windows volume control not controlling

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?) Hi, I just built a system using Asus K8N-E Deluxe and Windows XP Pro with SP2. I am using the onboard sound card. Everything works well except that the Windows volume control does not work for the CD Player or Aux (2nd...
  15. K

    8800GTS 640MB vs. 8800GTS 320MB (but the ultra-OCed eVGA):

    Hello, Looking on Newegg, the eVGA 8800GTS 640MB card is $350 after rebate, and the ultra-OCed 320MB version is $330. Essentially, there is no difference in price. Which one is better? I know the 640MB one is going to help if you are running a high res monitor (like 1680x1050 or 1920x1200)...
  16. L

    Need help with my ram timings.

    I just built my first PC and I bought the Corsair XMS 3200XLPRO and I want to get my timings to 2-2-2-5 like they're supposed to. What do I cahnge to get those timings?
  17. A

    Help!! Has something in my PC died?

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?) Hi MY PC= AMD 2.6, Gigabye K7 Triton GA-7VT600, 500Mb DDR400, Geforce 440, XP Pro corporate.(Not networked or online) Tonight I turned on my PC, left the room for 5 mins. When I returned the monitor was showing a black...
  18. A

    gigabyte k8ns pro

    ok on my mic and headset port comming out of the front of my case i have 2 wires that say RET L and RET R im assuming the l and r mean left and right does anyone know what ret stands for. cant find it in mobo manual and this is my first build im lost.
  19. J

    HELP finding a new MB

    Hey everyone, my first time here really. I have a pretty old system, and wanted to replace my old MB. Here is my machine at the moment: P4 1.8Gb 40 Gb Maxtor 7200 RPM 80 SATA Maxtor 5400 RPM (I believe) 1 GB Corsair PC3200 Gainward FX 5600 256 MB DDR I was looking for a good MB, since mine...
  20. X

    Somebody help!

    Hi, I was wondering if someone here could be the answer to all my problems. Well, I had built my own PC about 2 and a half years ago, and it was all working fine and dandy until about last week. Suddenly, one day when I'm on the computer the monitor screen turns white with small vertical...
  21. L

    Gonna upgrade from avg. pc3200...suggestions?

    MSI K8N Neo Platinum Athlon 64 3200+ Newcastle Apacer 512mb pc3200 9800nonpro I don't know much about timings, but this is what CPU-Z reads: Cas: 3.0 Ras: 4 Ras Precharge: 4 Tras: 8 Trc: 12 Dram Idle timer: 16 I know these are slow timings. My ram doesn't have a heatspreader on it. I would...
  22. G

    No temperature / fan readings with a K7t Turbo2/2400+

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?) Hello everyone, my problem: no temperature or fan readings available. I have put a MSI K7t Turbo2 (6330 Rev. 5.0) board together with an AMD 2400+ (Thoroughbred, AXDA) into the computer last weekend. BIOS ist last...
  23. N

    Good Bare Bones Systems

    Hey there- I was looking into upgrading the CPU in my system thats a few years old but found out it can only support up to an XP 2100+ (have a 1500+ now) so i decided to look around for some barebones systems (case/power/mobo/cpu). I'm on a tight budget so not looking for the latest and...
  24. A

    Is Corsair worth it?

    Is the high price of Corsair RAM worth it? I'm considering the following purchase: Memory $260 Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C4 DDR2 800MHZ (2 Gigs Total) http://www.corsair.com/corsair/products/specs/TWIN2X2048-6400C4.pdf Any chance I would regret going with Corsair??
  25. G

    Where do i find the BIOS version in a P4C800-E?

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?) This is really a dumb noob Q, but where do I find the BIOS version in a P4C800-E mobo? The BIOS number as shown in the BIOS setup is 08.00.09 and after I used the EZ Flash method to update this new mobo to BIOS ver. 1016, the...
  26. G

    System fan speed not being shown

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?) New Gigabyte GA-7DPXDW motherboard with ANTEC PSU. Connected the FAN connector lead from the PSU to the motherboard but the BIOS reports system fan speed is zero. Should I be worried? Cheers, Rob.
  27. P

    Take screenshot of POST/BIOS

    Is there a way to take a screenshot of the POST screen and the BIOS? Thanks. <A HREF="http://www.clan-chaos.com" target="_new">clan CHAOS</A>
  28. G

    Socket 370 To Tualatin CPU Adapter?

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?) Anybody know anything about these things? I've got an old box that I would like to turn into a headless server. Problem is I'd like to upgrade the CPU but finding a 370 based chip is next to impossible. If these adapters work...
  29. G

    an35n ultra problems

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.shuttle (More info?) Hi all, I'm having a problem with my mb and was wondering if anyone else has ran into similar with this one. Ok, here is my setup, an35-400 mb 512 mb ddr 400 mhz ram wd 80 gb, and wd 160 gb hd (160 is master) amd 2600+ cpu...
  30. F

    Athlon FX-53 memory

    I am on the verge of ordering all the parts for my new system when I hit a major snag: when did memory become so COMPLICATED??? I built systems professionally for 4 years and never saw anything like what I’m seeing now (back then it was ECC or not, 70ns or 60ns, 30 pin or 72 pin). Here are my...
  31. G

    QB RoguelikeCompo

    Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.development (More info?) Hello All I have added an entry for the QB Roguelike Compo into roguebasin. http://roguebasin.t-o-m-e.net/index.php/QB_Roguelike_Compo In case some of you dont remember, this was a competition started about 3-4 months ago...
  32. P

    Crash after Bios upgrade

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?) Hi, I've upgraded my Asus A7PRO bios from 1005D to 1011, and felt into the impossibility to reboot. The system sends one beep and shuts down immediately. What is the issue to fix it? Thanks. Pierre. -- Utilisant M2, le...
  33. G

    IC7-G maxII will not boot from CDROM

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?) I updated the bios to v.23 dated 2004-04-13 and set to boot sequence as follows: 1. floppy 2. CDROM 3. Hard DISK The disks are attached as follows: IDE1: MASTER Quantom 20G Hard Drive [ Set to master ] IDE1: SLAVE none...
  34. G

    p4p800s se udma questions

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?) I've a p4p800s se mobo and would like to use a wd400jb with it. Unfortunately the bios recognize the wd only upto udma2 (ata33). Is this normal? How can I make maximum use of the ata100 disk while I only get udma2 ? Or will...
  35. G

    7VRXP Question

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?) I have a Gigabyte 7VRXP with two 80GB HDD in Raid-0 under WinXP. How can I tell if they are operating under ATA 133? Thanks.
  36. S

    Can I add 2x512 with a 1G?

    I am buying an Athlon 64 3400+, MSI Neo Plat Mobo and 1G of "OCZ Performance Series 184-Pin 1GB DDR PC-3200 - Retail" http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=20-146-969&depa=0 I saw that locally they are selling 512x2 (1GB) of OCZ 3200 Memory for $119. As the mobo has 3 slots...
  37. P

    512mb vs 1gb module

    I am purchasing an ASUS K8V Deluxe with an AMD Athlon 64 3200+ CPU. When I was reviewing other sites about RAM modules, some indicated that 2 512Mb modules slowed the system down when contrasted with using 1 - 1gb RAM module. Before I purchase memory, I would like this issued clarified, if...
  38. G

    A7N8X-E Deluxe - Overclocking

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?) Trying to overclock a Barton 2500 and get the girlly voice that "system failed due to overclocking". have corsair PC3200 ram. Even doing a small change gets the error message and does nothing. Have to reboot and then it shows a...
  39. G

    P4C800E DLX F8 Bootmenu

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?) To all, I 'm a newbie on this group (from the Netherlands) and I have a question about the fact that I am not able to enter the Win XP Prof. startupmenu (pressing F8) while booting, because my Bios version (1016) seems to have...
  40. mopeygoth

    Cpu Aux temp.

    Dear All, I have some seriously strange issues regarding my Aux (or cpu Aux) temp in both Speedfan and Aida32 (temp not reported in bios). Aux states 66c .. I have been feeling around the different components on the pcb, nothing is even remotely hot enough to "no" touch. I even added a 3000rpm...