DFI

Page 2 - Forum discussion tagged with DFI.
  1. G

    AMD 6000+ - What mobo to get?

    So ive got a new processor as you can see. :) I have a problem though, I can't seem to figure out what mobo to get with it. I'm not really experienced so I wanted some help. I'd appreciate it. Thanks. I can choose from mobos that are under 100 euros. Is the ASUS M2A-VM good enough? It seems to...
  2. J

    Problems after increasing RAM (1-2gb)

    Recently I added another gigabyte of dual channel PC3200 ram to my computer. This took it from 1gb to 2gb. There should have been no problem with this. However, there was a major problem. After running any of my games for a short period of time the computer totally locks up resulting in me...
  3. C

    Memory Speed on FSB1333

    Looking at picking up a 1333FSB E6750 when they hit NewEgg, and looking at 4GB of RAM to go with it. At the moment, 4GB of Patriot PC2-6400 4-4-4-12 costs $148, while 4GB of Patriot PC2-8500 5-5-5-9 costs $270. This machine needs to be bulletproof above all else, and so will not be...
  4. S

    Need a Penryn Supported Motherboard

    Hey all i'm ready to build my new rig, but i wanted to get a motherboard that will be able to support the penryn chipset. I've been looking on newegg but i'm not sure exactly what boards i'm looking for Would anyone be able to post a few links to some boards on newegg, or the names so i can...
  5. Madhatter4

    Dual Channel vs Single Channel memory configuration question

    Up until recently I had 1gig of ram configured with two 512MB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200). In my setup it said it was in a dual channel config. Then I added and additional 512MB stick of ram to my PC totally 1.5gigs. Now when I check the setup it says its SINGLE channel. Is this a...
  6. F

    Wait for Bearlake-P boards in Q2 '07 or go 680i or 965?

    I'm ready to built my next workstation rig for the next 2-3 years now, but I'm hesitating buying right now because, you guessed it Penryn knocking at my door. Motherboards with 680i or 965 seem like the right choice for a E6600, but I want to be able to just switch the CPU to a Quad Penryn in a...
  7. A

    MSI-K7T266pro2 FSB problem

    Hello people! I have a problem with my MSI-K7T266pro2 MB. I cannot change FSB freq. in bios because system monitoring column freezes when i try to enter inside. all other bios columns work just fine. I have athlon1800xp and it should run on 133mhz and now it is 100mhz FSB i have 512...
  8. S

    Question about Micron D9GMH chips - I am clueless!

    Corsair PC8500C5 Rev 1.1 & 1.2 & 1.3 & 1.4 5.0-5-5-15 @ 2.2V Micron D9GMH (B6-3) 312 309 Corsair PC8500C5D DOMINATOR Rev 1.1 & 1.2 & 1.3 5.0-5-5-15 @ 2.2V Micron D9GMH (B6-3) 331 327 Handpicked OCZ PC8000 Titanium Alpha VX2 4.0-4-4-15 @ 2.3V Micron D9GMH (B6-3) 349 373 OCZ PC7200...
  9. S

    Help, me, I'm done, I think?

    I have an abit fatal1ty an8 sli mobo with amd 3800 cpu. The other day when I turned the cpu on it didn't boot. I get 1 beep from computer (good), but then it jsut stops at after it checks the memory, I've narrowed it down to be either my mobo being shot or my cpu shot, the error code on the mobo...
  10. A

    P5N32-E SLI 680i Sound Issue - popping/crackling

    having an issue. the sound starts to crackle and pop (think rice krispies) under higher than normal levels during gaming and music. (ie explosions in games or bass intense periods) anyone else having similar issues?
  11. Z

    Foxconn 955X7AA + intel d805 + OCZ26671024V 1GB = beeps

    Hi, I'm trying to put together the following pieces: Foxconn 955X7AA-8EKRS2 Socket T (LGA 775) Intel 955X ATX Intel Pentium® D Processor 805 OCZ OCZ26671024V 1GB DDR2-667 PC2-5400 When I turn it on it gives 5s long repeated beeps. The fans are all running. I realized the d805 front bus speed...
  12. krazynutz

    Asus P5B-Deluxe needs a specific PSU?

    Does this board need a PSU with a 6 or 8 pin plug along with the 24-pin main plug? my Antec Neopower 480 has a 24-pin plug but only an additional 4-pin plug. I'm having problems (see other post). Could that be the problem? Thanks!
  13. F

    Is 550W enough for a Radeon 7870?

    550W with Radeon 7870 with i5 3470 3.2Ghz no overclocking on either cpu or gpu. prob wont crossfire either anytime soon
  14. G

    [ebay] [40k] Now that's something you don't see every day ..

    Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?) She ain't mine, but this link is doing the rounds on a few forums. When you consider some of the eBay madness that occurs, this baby is going pretty cheap (at time of writing)...
  15. W

    Pls Help Me out guys...!!

    ok guys.. i have some problem i have P4 3.6ghz Gigabyte mobo GA-945GCM-S2L/S2C 2gb DDR2 ram 400W PSU well.. my booting freezes at verifying pool data it happened all night... so i just closed my pc off tried dis morning.. it again happen i restarted ... entered the boot setup.. n quit it now...
  16. G

    P5N32-SLI SE supports Core 2 and SLi in x16

    I just received some of the remaining parts for my core 2 build. I purchased the P5N32-SLi SE and the Core 2 Extreme. While reading the specs on the board it states that it supports SLi in x16 mode for a full bandwidth of 32x while in SLI. I know some of us been trying to find a board that...
  17. X

    Extremely low Physics score on 3DMark11 with GTX 570

    Hello, I have been having huge frame rate issues with the games I have been playing like League of Legends and Team Fortress 2. I have never had issues before, until about 2 weeks ago. My frame rate will drop to around 10 for no reason. I have put all the settings on the lowest they can go and...
  18. D

    Review: mainstream GPUs in MMORPGs

    Here's a decent article that shows benchmarks for the most popular MMORPGs with a selection of moderate cost GPUs. Most sites don't use MMORPGs in their benchmarks since so much is dependent on server latency and other factors...
  19. S

    Upgrade Advice Requested - MoBo,CPU,GPU or NEW

    I have an HP Pavlilion D4100e with the following: - Motherboard is proprietary HP made by ASUS (A8AE-LE) - AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ (Socket 939) - 3 Gig DDR-400MHz Dual Channel SDRAM - Promise Raid Array (2 150G SATA Drives set up for performance) Plus 2 IDE Drives - Nvidia GeForce 8800GTS -...
  20. G

    old P55T2P4 article

    I'm looking for a K6-2+ as mentioned in the article. Any body know where to buy these?
  21. ste6r4

    A8N32-SLI and Seagate Barracuda 200GB SATA problem

    Having just major upgraded to the A8N32-SLI along with a Seagate Barracuda 200GB SATA HDD, i've encountered a problem whereby all the drive does it spin up all the time and isn't detected in the bios (ver 1205). Did the drive arrive D.O.A or does the motherboard need some readjustment doing...
  22. johnjailbait

    Help with RAM options in BIOS

    Ok so I got my ram lowered from 3-3-3-8 to 2-3-3-6 like it should be and got voltage to 2.75. It seems prime95 runs slower on these timing tho it shouldnt. In CPU-z it shows all the timings for the ram and it says my Bank Cycle Time (trc) is 7. Should it be 7 or lower or higher? Im running 2x1GB...
  23. L

    DS3, SATA/HD problems.

    Ok im going to try and describe this the best that I can. Im building a new CPU from scratch using the new DS3 Mobo, Core 2 Duo E6600, GSkill DDR2 6400 Ram, and Seagate 320 GB HD. I can get to the Bios screen and adjust anything need be in there, I can boot from my Windows CD and load Windows...
  24. N

    nForce4 Ultra, X2 and USB2

    Anybody running an Athlon 64 X2 with the nForce4 Ultra chipset in a non-Shuttle XPC? If yes, are you having any USB problems, especially with USB2 high-speed devices? I'm running a Shuttle SN25P with a 4400+. If I busy out the USB I get freezes. If I boot into single-core mode (/onecpu in...
  25. G

    Low rpm CPU fan on K7T Pro

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?) Hi, Have installed a low rpm CPU fan on an old K7T Pro (VT82C686A) and the fan does not start. Actually it starts for one second when I plug the power supply (I had the same behavior with my old fan), but when I...
  26. G

    HELP! ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?) Asus probe notified me that my processor was overheating. I took the covers off, and immediately found the cause, The case was not getting any air circulation because everything was dirty. That is when things went a little...
  27. A

    Mobile PIII in a Thinkpad i 1400?

    I've been swapping some spare Inspiron 4000 parts into my old Thinkpad i 1400 (from '99!) and so far it's been pretty spiffy. The Thinkpad took inspiron's 128mb ram and 20gb HD without any fuss--and now I'm feeling adventurous, eyeing the delicate CPU with drool. Would it be possible to swap...
  28. G

    SK8V and SATA 64 Bit Drivers for Windows XP Pro 64 bit edi..

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?) Anyone knows about the 64 bit drivers for this mobo run with the SATA drives? --
  29. G

    MSI RS480M2 Notes

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?) A few notes that may be of interest on this ATI Chipset board. Just built a system with this board,an A64 3000+ Venice processor, 512 meg DDR 400 (256x2 dual channel), and 2) 80 gig SATA drives in a mirrored RAID...
  30. B

    Strange problem - please advise. PC crashes after game exit.

    Hi guys, I've built myself a new gaming machine recently and am having a problem I have never encountered. The pc boots properly, plays games beautifully, but as soon as I exit any graphic intensive game (ie: Bad Company 2) I see my desktop for a few seconds, then the pc completely crashes...
  31. N

    Looking for new mobo

    Hey, im looking for a new mobo socket 939 with 8sata ports, sli and good overclocking, i currently have my eyes on Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra-SLI nForce4-SLI Socket939, however i dont know if this is any good for overclocking, any suggestions ? regards nathan <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited...
  32. G

    Sata adapter BIOS not executing

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?) Hi, I hope someone can help: I have an ASUS P4b533-E motherboard and I have recently purchased a Serial Ata drive and adpater, on bootup the Serial Adapter Bios does not run (which I believe should occur similar to a SCSI...
  33. K

    Cpu Fan Noise P5P800

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?) Any suggestions on a moderately priced cpu cooling fan to cut the noise level on my P5P800 system with a 3.2GHz P4 540J Prescott. It's ok until I run something like Shrink which pushes the cpu to 100% for an extended period...
  34. U

    MSI apparel

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?) I have found some MSI beanie hats on ebay, and I am wondering if anyone knows whether MSI make any other clothing. I would very much like to get a jacket. There is no mention of any accessories on the MSI site. Any...
  35. T

    FUN : Ugliest motherboard

    Well, this is a MoBo that will not make history for is design or quality : <A HREF="http://www.xbitlabs.com/misc/picture/?src=/images/mainboards/ecs-kn1-extreme/board.jpg&1=1" target="_new">http://www.xbitlabs.com/misc/picture/?src=/images/mainboards/ecs-kn1-extreme/board.jpg&1=1</A> If you...
  36. A

    Nforce 4 vs Nforce 4 ultra

    What's the difference in performance between those two versions?...I know that the basic one doesn't have the hardware firewall, but I don't care about it, I have good router. And well, SLI version os out of question...i'm going for x800xl as graphic. Andrzej
  37. G

    P4S533 and IDE failure

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?) Hi , thanks for looking :) , i had to swap out a faulty 1.8a cpu with intel ,and i now have its replacement but for some reason i cant get the secondary ide channel to be recognised anymore. i have tried all available bios's...
  38. V

    Graphic card problem

    The problem is here. Recently, I've got a new XFX NVIDIA GeForce 6200 256Mb DDR2 TV DVI from a store at $43. I have inserted it into my old system: AMD Duron (Applebred) 1.4GHz (overclocked to 1.8GHz) VIA KM400 Northbridge Chipset 512Mb DDR-400 SDRAM Western-Digital 60Gb 7200RPM EIDE HDD WinXP...
  39. dragoncyber

    Nvidia vs. ATI Price Wars: Isn't it AWESOME!!

    I've just read several reviews of the new 4850, and it kicks some major ass ...all for under 200.00...Strange how immediately Nvidia lowered the cost of it's 9800GTX's to 199.99 right away. Worst part is the 4850 beats the 9800GTX in almost all the benchmarks, and when Xfired even stomps the...
  40. G

    Ga-7n400 pro2

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?) Hi, is anyone here running this board with three cd devices? I want to use my cdrom, cdrw and my dvdrw but am not sure how to set these up. At the moment I have my Harddrive in IDE1(set as master), then my dvdrw in IDE2(set...