DFI

Page 5 - Forum discussion tagged with DFI.
  1. M

    GA-8IHXP boot issues

    I have recently purchased components to build my system and I am having difficulty. I have Gigabyte GA-8IHXP board (Rev. 2.1), P4 2.4Ghz (100FSB), Radeon 9700 PRO, 2x128 Kingston PC1066 RDRAM, Raidmax 450W PSU, and 80Gb Seagate HD. After installing the components and all power cables I can't...
  2. H

    Bad board?

    Hello, my 6 year old pc is dieing i think. i haven't been able to get the cd rom drives to work correctly. they'll open and close but wont' read any disks. they are connected via ide cable. i have tried a sata drive and it worked fine. could it be my board or something else?
  3. P

    Lex motherboard : BN790TM BIOS update

    Hi everyone, think this is my first post here. Okay my problem surrounds BIOS updating. I know what im doing with these programs, and everything is done. It comes up with new BIOS version. My NEW hard drive is picked up and all my bits and bobs. Okay heres where the problem is. My OS loads, i...
  4. J

    no video display on bootup

    I'm putting together a system with a FIC AD11 mobo, and have tried two NVidia cards, one with AGP and one PCI, but can't get any video at all when I boot up. Is there something else I'm forgetting to do? There's no onboard video. TIA!
  5. A

    chassis intrusion alarm?

    How does CHASSIS INTRUSION ALARM works? Is there any way to make it not trigger? And Also: In My Asus A7V266-C Mobo manual it is written that when the Chassi I. Alarm is not being used a jumper cap must be placed over the pins to close the circuit. How is that? (since it is a 4 pin...
  6. K

    Is My Mobo Dead?

    I have an Iwill DVD266u-RN and it has been working fine. One day this week I noticed that my monitor was dark and I figured that it kicked into sleep mode and wouldn't come out. I forced a shut down and when it came back up, no video. I unplugged the monitor and plugged it back in then booted...
  7. G

    ABIT IT7

    Wow, this MB has about everything you could ask for seems like. It uses the Intel 845E chip set however, and I'm a little confused on the deal with DDR333. On Abit's website for this MB, the test report shows that it has been tested with PC-2700 DDR333 RAM, but on two different reviews I've...
  8. G

    Harddrives on a P4c800-e Duluxe

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?) I have the following drives to put on my mobo: 1 SATA Raptor (will have XP on it. I am not sure if I will install my APs here) 3 EIDE 100 Drives 1 EIDE 133 (200 GB drive) 2 optical drives EIDE. What is the best cabling hook...
  9. G

    Dynamic Voltage Scaling

    I'm looking for a motherboard that supports the mobile Athlon 4 (though it doesn't have to be a laptop motherboard). By support, I mean it handles the dynamic voltage and frequency scaling of the PowerNow! technology. Are there any motherboards out there that will work? -Bren Mochocki
  10. G

    4GB am i nuts?

    I am about to get a new computer. 4GB DDR PC2700 RAM is one of my configs. Forget about the price (Im loaded) and i know you think it is a "waste" but believe me I will be taking 4GB to the limit with my work. And yes the motherboard i'm gettig supports My question is the more RAM the slower...
  11. G

    XMS corsair memory

    Hi. i would like to buy 512MB CAS2 XMS Corsair memory. is it a good choice ? thanks for any comment. hey, im a newbie, keep it easy men. be cool and be patient. thanks. :)
  12. G

    sis645dx (Asus P4S533)

    I'm looking to buy a new system and have chosen to buy a P4 (as AMD products always have given me a hard time). I am quite a newbie at this (meaning that the last PC I bought was 2 years ago). I am just about to get me an Asus P4S533 mainboard with the SiS645DX chipset. But now I'm just...
  13. G

    manual for 9800SE AIW

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?) I've recently got hold of a Powercolor 9800SE All in wonder graphics card. Can anyone tell me where i can get hold of a manual? Regards Stephen Fisher
  14. G

    nvidia System Utility not showing the temperature/voltage ..

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?) I have an Asus A7N8X Deluxe mainboard. I have just downloaded the nForce System Utility software (version 1.08.5) as I want to monitor the temperature of the chips on my system. However, once I launch the program, the graphs...
  15. Y

    Nothing works after being moved to new case - long

    [Note: This was originally title "Vid card sends no signal after being moved to new case. Thoughts?"] I have encountered a weird problem with my vid card. Last Wednesday I took my entire system (which was working with no problems) and moved it from my current case to a brand new Koolance...
  16. V

    MAJOR PROBLEM NEED HELP

    I have an Abit KT7A motherboard with an AMD Athlon 1500+ running at 1300MHz. I was installing Windows XP Pro. and after it finishes formating the drive and copying the files needed.... I encounter a problem... When it restarts, it loads up the Windows XP Pro screen then turns light blue... Now...
  17. G

    Why new MB Power Connectors?

    Anyone got a good idea why all the new power-connectors have been installed on different chipset-MBs? Some have the new 2.03 connector (which looks oddly like the old, old in-line MB power connectors) and the SIS 645 MBs look like they have the AX12V 4-prong-cube connector. Couldn't the MB...
  18. E

    What is the comand prompt to run dban wiping hard drive

    I have a bban cd to wipe my hard drive clean but I don't know the command prompts to get tis cd to run and do its job. Please let me know what the comand prompts are to execute this program.write it exaxtly as I have to writ it please. Thankyou. I tried just typeing mhdd in and nothing happened...
  19. C

    20 pin connecter, 24 pin motherboard

    Is it possible to use a 20 pin connector on a motherboard that has 24 pins?
  20. G

    Tualatin Celeron & BX vs. P3-1Ghz & 815e

    Maybe someone can help me. I can upgrade an Asus cusl2 (815e) to P3-1000. Or an Abit bx6-II to Celeron 1200. I know that on the same M.B the Celeron will be quicker. But in my case the BX is UDMA-33 and AGP*2. And the 815e is UDMA-66 and AGP*4. So what's the best? P.S. P3-1000 is vanishing as...
  21. P

    PC2700

    what online store sells kingmax (or any brand that you think is good) PC2700 ram at a reasonable price? im looking to buy just 256mb...possibly 512mb...thanks :mad: <A HREF="http://gamershq.madonion.com/compare2k1.shtml?2096468" target="_new">P4 + SDRAM</A> = <b>BAD</b> :mad:
  22. G

    BIOSTAR Anyone?????

    I recently built my 7 year old son a comp with a BIOSTAR M7VKD motherboard. I have thus far been impressed with the stability of this MoBo. SPECS: BIOSTAR M7VKD 1400Mhz Athlon 266fsb 256MB cas2 ATI Radeon LE 32MB DDR This thing will take all kinds of abuse and still remain stable. I have <...
  23. I

    Profile for new Desktop

    Hello..am ready to build a desktop box for a 74 year old man familiar with computers (he has old 350Mhz P2 HP Pavilion now). STABILITY and RELIABILITY are paramount not necessarily speed. He has 700 dollars to spend and we are going to a local computer swap meet to shop the name brand components...
  24. G

    System building help?

    I'm planning on doing a much needed upgrade to a Athlon XP powered system (current is Celeron 333). Just wondering which MB will give me the best performance/price ratio. I need ATA/133 compatability or bios upgradable and preferably (but not definate) 5.1 sound on board (no sound card to...
  25. V8VENOM

    VIA 4 into 1 v4.36 problems??

    I'm running WinME and recently upgraded my motherboard to an ABIT KG7-RAID. I installed the latest BIOS 10/22/2001 for the KG7 along with AMD 761 drivers v4.80 (10/5/2000). The kicker, I was doing a fps test in Ghost Recon in 1280 X 1024 32 bit (detail up except shadows) and I was getting...
  26. D

    Bad Mobo?

    Hello, I'm gonna make this short, because in actuality its a long story. Pretty much what ended up happening was 1 of my RAM slots just abruptly stopped working, I did not put the RAM in wrong once either. So when I booted the DRAM LED came on ("No signal" was being shown on monitor), so I...
  27. H

    THG slowing down?

    seems like not that many people are posting on thg like they used to seems like every time i check there arent as many posts as there once was.... not a real bad thing...but it just seems so odd, since i am used to checking the site, and there being like 100 new posts... heh...maybe it is just...
  28. S

    Annoying Mouse Popup

    Whenever I play games my mouse sometimes pops up in the middle of the screen and stays there for a while. It can be very annoying and sometimes degrades performance. This didnt happen before I upgraded my motherboard and processor and HD. I now have: MSI 6380LE motherboard 1.0ghz Athlon 256mb...