DFI

Page 4 - Forum discussion tagged with DFI.
  1. R

    temps.......changing....WTF?

    So with my MSI KT3 ultra2 and my watercooling setup, with a athlon xp 2600+ I was getting temps of around 31*C idle. I switched out to a MSI K7N2 Delta-L, and now with the same cpu and watercooling system I'm getting temps of around 38*C idle. Is my cpu actually THAT much hotter just from the...
  2. ICIT

    Mother board choice

    Am planning my next build and don't want to make the mistake I made with this one - i5 2500 and Gigabyte H67 board. I see there was a question asked recently re Asus boards and I am still not sure form the answers given what the difference is between an ASUS P8Z77-M PRO Motherboard and an ASUS...
  3. S

    Is Geil RAM any good??

    Newegg is running a special on the following: Geil Golden Dragon 184 Pin 512MB DDR PC-3200 - $88 Does anyone know if Geil makes decent memory?
  4. D

    Trouble with new mobo: Asus A7N8X-X

    I'm trying to help a friend upgrade his computer. This weekend, we purchased, ASUS A7N8X-X mobo (2) 256MB Kingston RAM AMD Athlon XP2200+. We replaced, Tyan mobo w/ Pentium 666MHz proc. Boot up seems to go fine, but everytime Windows starts (it never actually gets to the GUI part with the...
  5. B

    Gigabyte GA-8KNXP Ultra

    I have just bought a Gigabyte GA-8KNXP Ultra motherboard to build a new system for myself, and have a few questions that i hope someone will be able to help out on. Fistly, is the onboard ultra320 scsi linked to the pci bus, as if i had a few scsi drives connected to it, it would surely saturate...
  6. M

    Need to know what one is better.

    Hey guys easy question here I have the option of buying a laptop with: Intel® Pentium® 4 640 Desktop Processor w/ HT Technology 3.2GHz 800MHz FSB 2MB with 3gb of ram. the other one is: AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 4200+ with HyperTransport and Dual Core Technology but can only have 2gb of ram. so what...
  7. C

    MOTHERBOARD

    Well.I am going to get a new motherboard. I am between ASUS,GIGABYTE,MSI AND INTEL for 865PE and 875P. I don't know which is the best in stability and which it can keeps for a long time.P4 3.0C FSB 800 RAM 2X512MBDDR400 Can you help.Only those who have this motherboard or genearl opinion.
  8. X

    Motherboard issues

    My old motherboard recently died, so in replacement i bought a MSI KT6 Delta-LSR DDR400 KT600. I installed it, attaching all the necessary leads/jumpers, attached the processor, its fan, my RAM, my HDs and a new ATi Radeon 9600 that i bought at the same time; then finally switched it on. The...
  9. P

    Help -- MP Disaster

    I have recently aquired a new peice of trash in my room, a Tyan Tiger S2460 with two Athlon MP 1600's. Can somebody tell me if Athlon MP CPU's can be used in a non MP Board? Also which Athlon MP Mobo would you recommend if any? This system WAS running FreeBSD 4.7 perfectly before frying :(...
  10. G

    A7V600 OC

    Hi - I just got the Asus A7V600, Barton 2500, and 1 stick of 512MB Corsair XMS PC3200. I'm know how to get into the bios and change things around, but really have no idea what settings to change or values to use to get maximum preformance out of this system. Can someone help me out? Thanks, AJ
  11. L

    Cant get AGP to work on P4P800E Del

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?) Tried an ATI RADEON 32mb DDR Then a TI4200 Now a RADEON 9200SE all I get is 1 long 2 short beeps and no picture. All thats in it is P4 2ghz and 256mb pc2100 ram....havent attatched floppy,kb,hd,cd yet Any ideas anyone? Is it...
  12. G

    Kingston DDR400 Hyper X

    I have 512 of Samsung ddr 2700 and i am running a 2700+ and I want to overclock in the future. I was just wondering if the Hyper-X mem is worth the price. I play games all the time, so I was wondering if it helped out at all
  13. B

    Question about raid setup, on ASUS 865PE..

    OK I am about to put togather my own pc. I just have a couple questions about the "Asus P4P800 Deluxe". I am wanting to hook up 2 10k rpm raptors in raid 0 mode. However I am abit confused out how that works and also if I install 2 of them will I have room for my dvd and CDRW cdroms? DO I...
  14. X

    IC7-x : What is the current version of each IC7 board?

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?) What is the latest revision of each of the IC7 boards, if anyone knows? Thanks, BGC
  15. X

    bios failure

    i tried flashing the bios on my epox ep-mvp3c2 motherboard. in the middle of the opperation it frose. i tried restarting and was meet by a black screen. is there any way to restore my bios?
  16. M

    Installing a Motherboard

    I recently tried installing an Asus A7N8X Deluxe motherboard in an Antec Case and I would not get any video. It simply wouldn't boot. I sent that one back and they sent me a new one and this time it booted once but then the same thing happend. They think it's a bad power supply that's frying...
  17. C

    Asus P4PE (intel 845PE) BP vs ASUS P4G8X (E7205)

    I have to make a decision between Asus P4PE (intel 845PE) BP and ASUS P4G8X (E7205) and was wondering which one was the better board to get for mainly gaming, and future use.
  18. R

    Need Help with set up of PC2700 RAM

    Hi, I am new to here but would like your input. I just built a Soyo KT333 dragon lite and Athlon X 2100+ . I am using the GEIL 512MB PC2700 333MHZ ULTRA RAM that’s rated CAS 2 5-2-2 1T. I am not sure what the CAS number means. I installed it and put it in the default settings. Check WCPUID...
  19. K

    Is non-ecc the same as regular ram?

    Short dumb question: Is non-ecc ram the same as regular ram that you can purchase anywhere?
  20. L

    Voltages for Asus MB

    Hello, I just recently had a new computer built. I am using an Asus A7N8X Deluxe motherboard, with AMD Athalon XP2700+ processor. I have recently run into a few problems while playing WWII Online (Fairly frequent CTD's, computer shutting down all of the sudden, everything locks up a few...
  21. J

    Extra RAM causes slowdown

    I added another 256MB of RAM to my system at the weekend but instead of improving thibgs there now worse. Things have started to bedome really laggy now. In windows if I move the mouse sometimes it will take a second or more to respond the same if I click on somthing. Also I've had problem with...
  22. C

    Mobo crash or what?

    well, I turned my PC and my monitor said that "Please check the signal cable" I thought the D-sub cable was loosed but i've tigthened it but it still say the same. I've checked my vga card and it's ok no error. Can anyone help me to solve this problem?
  23. A

    RDRAM trouble

    Hi, I recently bought 2x256mb rdram PC800 memory. I have 4 memory slots with 4x64mb currently installed so the plan was to removed 2x64 and instal the new ram. The memory registers and shows a total of 640mb but when I run a game it crashes back to desktop so I took out the old memory...
  24. T

    Does Dual DDR Irritate You?

    This whole dual DDR thing has me a little irritated and torn between two motivators. On one hand, it appeals to my testosterone-driven decision making to get more speed than I probably need. On the other hand, buying two sticks of RAM that will act like one seems like some evil scientist's...
  25. S

    Onboard sound on P4PE

    I'm really confused about whether the P4PE basic edition(the one without the serial ATA etc) has onboard sound. In the specifications on the Asus website, it says that Audio is optional. Does this mean that there is no onboard sound card in the P4PE basic edition? If there isn't does it mean...
  26. G

    T-Birt 988 with FOP32 Silent @ 50°C !?

    I overclocked my T-Bird 800 to 988 (9.5x104) and got temperatures from 45-52°C with FOP32 Silent. That´s a bit too much imho. I removed the cooling pad on the bottom of the heatsink and used thermal paste instead. Prob Nr. 2: I cant adujust the core voltage with my A7V133. When i change it to...
  27. A

    SiS 745, KT266A, KT333 or nFORCE 415D?

    My friend is going to buy a new system. This is my question: What is the best deal conserning price/speed/stability? >>>Asus A7S333 (SiS 745) >>>Asus A7V266-C (VIA KT266A) >>>MSI KT3 Ultra2 (VIA KT333 CE) >>>ECS K7VTA3 V3.X (VIA KT333 CD) >>>Asus A7N266-C (nVIDIA nFORCE 415-D) The other system...
  28. S

    Help me configure a new system

    Am wanting to build a new system and give my old one to my son. It's been several years since I've done the research but I'm trying to catchup. Could you tell me how this would work or what changes I should look at. I'm trying to stay under $800. My old system is: Celeron 900 Tyan S1854 Trinity...
  29. S

    RDRAM vs DDR

    OK, I know the subject has probably been beat to death. I know Intel doesn't look to be moving forward on Rambus. I know Rambus have acted like jerks businesswise. I even know Yellowstone is imaginary at the moment, BUT from a technology view what is faster DDR or RDRAM (at premium speeds, ie...
  30. B

    Question about i7/x58 memory working on x48

    An odd question, but I was wondering if the new i7 memory for the x58 boards would work with the x48 boards? My friend has some extra i7 memory and i was thinking of using it on my system. Sorry if this has been asked before. btw, they are the "CORSAIR DOMINATOR 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM...
  31. S

    Gigabyte GA-8INXP support Corsair XMS PC2700???

    Does it support 333mhz ddr? or do i need to "tweak" it to work with it?
  32. G

    Asus P4T533

    can the P4T533 take a 3gig p4 chip.if not how high can it go.
  33. S

    dual amd advice

    I'm looking for a motherboard that supports dual amd and dual agp if its even possible. I have just begun to search for one.
  34. F

    help

    I just bought a asus p4sdx mobo. today i built it. but i found there is only com interface in real panel I/O. http://images2.newegg.com/productimage/13-131-448-06.JPG my monitor can't fit it. any solutions?? thanks a lot
  35. D

    Hard disk(?) Error

    I've been running Win8 since launch date and didn't really have a problem with it. Occasionally it would freeze and crash, but would always boot up no problem. However yesterday it happened again. The computer more or less froze with mouse movement being jagged and the hard drive whirring...
  36. T

    Is 120gigs still the limit that is recognized?

    I remember reading vaguely about a year ago, that hard drive larger than 120 gigs won't be recognized, or there' a limit or something. I'm making a new PC, and I'm temped to buy a 200 gig HD...but I want it so it's divded to 30 gigs on on partition, and 170 on the rest. Is that possible? I'm...
  37. B

    Is it safe for me to only use a SSD for my computer?

    I am currently using a computer with a 500GB HDD that has lasted me over 3 years and 7 months and still going. My 2 past computers were also HDD that has each lasted over three years. That to me is normal and makes sense, why would my memory storage be in danger anyway? I'm planning on getting...
  38. S

    RAM bottlneck

    I think i deleted my old thread or something but I cant get to it but I'm making this My ram is ddr2 333mhz (my gma has ddr 1 ram at this speed) it's 2 gb When I am in games I sometimes get 20 fps or lower but my CPU is hovering around 80% (arma2/WOW) and my gpu is at like 50%. I have no idea...
  39. F

    presence detect and nanosecond

    Hi. This is my 1st post. I searched, but really didn't come up with a compatible question. A pc I worked on has a default setting in bios of 60ns memory speed. This is not seen in bios, nor is it changeble in bios. I only know this by reading the mobo manual. I changed the memory from 60ns...
  40. G

    Question to Sleeperman

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?) Since you seem to get responses on this board, I'll ask you (and your friends). Why do some questions disappear on this newsgroup?? I have posted twice lately only to see my question vanish within a week. I don't understand...