Dial Up Connection

Page 4 - Forum discussion tagged with Dial Up Connection.
  1. SamoTheGamer

    is my PC bottlenecking?

    So my PC can't run bf4 on high without huge framedrop, but according to the sys. Req. It should, it also crashes when I oc Motherboard: Asus M5 A97 R2.0 Graphics: XFX r7950 core edition 3gb GDDR5 CPU: AMD FX 8350 black edition 4:0ghz 18mb cache RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb ddr3 ram Storage...
  2. G

    folder apperance

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) -- In my favourite folder the apperance of the saved items is wrong instead of the e icon it says it is a unknown file what do i do to change it back dovelight
  3. G

    Windows expects uninterrupted Internet connection; I don't..

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?) If ever I open Windows XP on my Computer without switching on the ADSL wide-band modem, I get an error message saying Windows has recovered from a serious fault and promptly wants to send a Fault Report to Microsoft. No such...
  4. M

    How to disable hard disk in winxp

    Hello, I want to disable operating system windowsxp in my system.
  5. V

    All drives are disabled in windows xp bios and can't be enabled

    This problem is in conjunction with an "NTLDR is missing, press control-alt-delete to restart" error message. Windows task manager does not open. Computer will not boot up because the HDD is disabled in the BIOS; can't use restore CD because the CD drive is also disabled in BIOS. This problem...
  6. T

    Trying in vain to locate a post ###

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?) Have been trying to locate a post in this forum for the past two hours. Tried a search for "password+login+username+restart...", all in vain. Maybe "you" recall this post: (approx ? dated 19-22 Aug) The user had a problem...
  7. G

    Problems capturing video

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?) I have: 1) Asus V7100 Combo Deluxe 2) Athlon XP 2000+ 3) Asus A7V333 4) Sound Blaster Live! Player 5.1 4) dual boot os: windows 98SE and Windows XP Pro I've connected the antenna cable to RF In and the three RCA jack to AV...
  8. S

    Can I replace with new motherboard Asus A8r32-mvp delux?

    I got new motherboard, it called Asus A8R32-MVP Delux and video card.. AIW X1900 so, wondering if i can replace with this new motherboard? it will works?? NO? I have to buy new CPU / Memmory right? Asus A7v600 MB amd athlon xp 2600 1.91 ghz 512 ram
  9. D

    A upgrade for Radeon HD 7770

    I am looking to upgrade my GC and wanted to get an opinion on what I can get away with. Its tax time so not a big budget concern, but I really dont want to upgrade my PSU if I dont have to. Below is what I am currently running. AMD FX-8150 3.6GHZ 2TB SATA III 6GB/S 7200RPM 64MB CACHE...
  10. ArcaneGlyph

    Which GTX 660 Ti is the best out of the box?

    I am looking to buy a 660 ti. Out of all the cards in the 660 ti family from all manufacturers which is the best out of the box? Price is no worry in this category of the card. I have done a bit of research and it looks to me like the EVGA FTW LE is the best of the best, but I may be wrong...
  11. A

    dual internet connection setup ?

    Hello all i have a 10mb cable connection and a 16mb adsl connection. both have their own routers and both are working ok. what i want to do is to connect both to my network and have them share the internet load. i have two allied telesyn managed switches on the network and could configure a...
  12. M

    Moving bookmarks to a new computer

    Hello, how do I move my bookmarks to a new computer
  13. P

    About wifi using in mobile phone

    i need to use bsnl wifi service in my mobile hw is it possible
  14. S

    Xp hidden features

    tell me more about xp professional more hidden features and shortcut keys
  15. G

    is word on the xp disk all i have is wordpad. how can i ge..

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) -- cynde
  16. K

    Is This A Bottleneck for my gtx670

    Hello, And as you can read from the title it is an very yes or no question and I know the answer is an yes but I want to know HOW much of an bottleneck because with my oced gtx 670 I am positive it can run BF3 on high but sadly i get like 20 fps with it on high and my comp specs are.. CPU: Core...
  17. D

    Recovering orphaned file into directory file

    It started running this on its own. The files were on my portable hard drive. They are now missing so my question is where did they go? They weren't orphaned files, they were the things I didn't want to loose if my computer crashed. All I know is it said "recovering orphaned file into directory...
  18. G

    Desktop White! Cannot Change-HELP!

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?) My Desktop Theme has disappearred and the background is now plain White. It will not accept any of the Background themes choosen from available list? How can I overcome this? I am 70 yrs old and would appreciate some help...
  19. K

    New Build, gaming computer under $1000

    APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Next month or so SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming and Watching movies PARTS NOT REQUIRED: monitor / Keyboard mouse PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: newegg / tigerdirect PARTS PREFERENCES: AMD Phenom II X4 940 Deneb 3.0GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3...
  20. W

    Connecting Old Digital Receiver to New Computer

    Hi everyone, Thanks for taking the time to check out my post. I recently built my own computer and am trying to connect an old 5.1 channel speaker system to it. The receiver for the audio system says that it is able to do DTS and Dolby Digital. The receiver has 4 RCA input channels in it...
  21. M

    Netbook Crash

    Hi all, my first question on here. My ASUS netbook picked up one of those spam malwares, where you are asked to pay X dollars to have them check your computer. I had to restore several time and on the last Saturday, it now has crashed and all I get is a flashing cursor in the top l/hand. I...
  22. J

    Programm to check wich roms are missing in your collection

    Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?) Hi, I know there is a programm that checks wich roms you are missing in your collection. Does anybody know the name of thsi programm?? And does it rename your roms with those numbers infront? thnx Jerry
  23. R

    Why c program for computer graphics in windows7 not supporting full screen mode

    when i tracing the line initgraph(&gd,&gm,"") the c program for computer graphics,i din get the output screen. i got the msg as "windows 7 does not support full screen mode". pls help me. i want to know y it's not working.
  24. C

    Cannot find SATA-0

    when the computer goes to sleep and then later shuts down, and then when I go to wake it up, it won't boot. The message is Cannot find SATA-0 (Which is the primary boot disc). A physical re-start solves the problem, as it will then boot normally. Is the disc going south? The Check Disk...
  25. R

    [Solved] Support@satellite direct com

    cannot get channel TVA montreal canada this channel has been down for the pass two weeks. after many reqest this problem has not bee solve. can someone do some thing about it. thank you for youre concern rejean 74xfezu
  26. P

    Windows XP Home edition

    Will this work on a laptop?
  27. A

    is 350w power supply enough??

    intel e2180 2ghz asus p5vd2 vm-se seagate 160gb ide hard disk inno3d/palit 8500gt 512mb kingston 1gb ddr2-667 1 normal size auxiliary fan no dvd/cd drive is 350w power supply enough for this setup? (for gaming and maya/3ds max) thanks
  28. G

    SP2 and Camera software..

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?) Installed Service Pack 2.... somewhere my camera software.. ....downloads pictures from Camera to computer has disappeared.. (Fuji..) Searched but nothing.... is this normal..? Thanks Edward T
  29. G

    help!!

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?) Ok this is about my cpu it gets very loud and fast but i no the cause its 'system idol process' when i open the task manager it says its taking up 92 cpu can you help me stop this...
  30. S

    Built in monitor speakers wont work

    I cant get my built in monitor speakers to work, the model # L15EX, can you help me?
  31. G

    i dont have an automated recovery disk

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?) i dont have an automated recovery disk for my daughters pc. is there any way i an recover her system? i have tried using the windows xp pro cd but it just prompts me for the recovery floppy with the asr files on...
  32. M

    Lite-On LTR-32123S CD not working

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) Okay, the device manager says it is working properly. However, it can not read anything. I insert a cd and nothing. I went to the Lite-On website and I see nothing about any drivers, updates or otherwise. What am I...
  33. B

    Win 7 fails to install

    Hello, I did a full back up using Acronus and ever since I have had problems. I tried reinstalling win 7, but this is what I get: "The computer restarted inexpectedly or encountered an expected error. Windows installtion cannot proceed. Click "OK" to restart the computer, and then restart the...
  34. S

    Sound card in my pc

    Hello, I can hear sound from pc,When I speak other person doesn't hear my voice, his settings are fine. Is there any solution how to know in and out is working or not? I tried with windows help..
  35. B

    Use usb cable to install windows from laptop

    Hello, I have a non-computer savvy friend that has a Dell Inspiron netbook that she had to replace the hard drive on. Her problem now is that she doesn't have an OS installed, so she can't operate it. We have an XP disc to install on her computer... but as it's a netbook, she doesn't have a...
  36. G

    AMD's so-called "Cool n' Quiet" feature

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) Inside my PC is an Athlon 64 3000+ processor, with stock heatsink/fan. There's also a Radeon 9800 Pro in there. If the computer is idle or if there's only a light workload (ie internet...
  37. T

    How do I update my video controller \

    my tech guy recently cleaned my computer. and updated from vista to windows xp x32 pro serv pk 3 build 2600 intel core2 4300 1.80ghz x2 w/1014.39 mbyte undeteced graphics I can not get my video controller "vga Compatable" to change from the yellow ?. i have gone into the run, devmgmt.msc...
  38. G

    Unable to connect internet sharing with my PC from my windows mobile

    Hello, I am Having windows XP OS in my desktop PC and my mobile is WM6.0 , when i am trying to perform Internet sharing that time my PC is not accruing IP , I am having realtek PCI GBE Family controller
  39. G

    SP2 for Windows XP

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?) I have been unable to load SP2 - as soon as I do my mouse and printer cease working. I have serached the knowledge base but nothing come us - would appreciate some assistance. Regards Greg
  40. A

    Transferring pictures from a basic Samsung cellphone .

    Hello, what are the steps and requirements to transfer pictures from my Samsung cellphone to my windows xp computer (connection Sympatico dial up)