Dial Up Connection

Page 3 - Forum discussion tagged with Dial Up Connection.
  1. F

    Deskjet 2050 - device not recognised USB problems

    My tech savvy girlfriend got a bit too excited and plugged in our brand new deskjet 2050 printer to the USB before the software had been installed. Now the printer is not recognised - "USB Device Not Recognised" message appears. I have tried uninstalling the USB drivers, taking battery out and...
  2. iiH3R3T1C

    Is liquid cooling necessary??

    I'm building my first gaming PC, so I don't know much about computer stuff =P The setup I have in mind is: -Case: NZXT Phantom -Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz -Motherboard: ASRock 890GX PRO3 -RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)...
  3. G

    YANI: make petless a conduct (spoily)

    Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack (More info?) Why isn't petless a conduct? It makes the game much harder in the beginning, requires an amount of player self-control (no chucking tripe to stop that little dog killing you) and it is possible to win the game petless, apart from...
  4. G

    Need new flat screen monitor

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) A client needs a new flat screen monitor. She had a Gateway and after a couple of years the thing died this afternoon. I hooked up a monitor from their other computer and it worked fine so the video card is ok. The...
  5. G

    Problem with multi boot workstation can't get WinXP Pro to..

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) Hi, I have a workstation that has Win98, WinXP Pro, and SBServer 2003 in a multi-boot configuration. The WinXP Pro will not boot after installation of some service packs. I can't get to it from a floppy or CD...
  6. F

    Marvelladapter

    startup the computer, get normal startup screen. then gives marvell adapter88SE61 initialising. next screen : starting windows and then shuts down and restarts again. info: put in motherboard msi p35 any suggestions?? i've tried following: disconnecting ide dvd burner no luck. changing...
  7. K

    Question reg WinXP

    Ok, so ive just got in a bunch of my new computer equipment, and am getting rdy to do the install. Now, my old habits always dictate that i install a fresh copy of windows any time i do a severe upgrade (mobo/proc, etc). My good friends have told me there is no reason to do that any more, that...
  8. G

    STTNG GI Problem , too lazy to fix

    Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?) Ok so here it is... I got general illumination problem on the backboard. None of the GI lights work. I kinda know what to look for in diagnosing the problem from Marvin's and this newsgroup. However, don't you ever get a situation where...
  9. S

    Installing windows xp professional on core i3 processor

    Installing windows xp professional on Dh61ww motherboard having Core I3 processor: ~ 1. Press F2, as displayed on the screen, to enter the bios settings. 2. Go to the configuration tab by pressing once the right arrow key. 3. On the configuration tab select sata drives by pressing once the down...
  10. A

    Toshiba Tecra 8000 BIOS Update

    Hello, I formated hard disk of my Tecra 8000 and reinstall Win XP, but now no have sound, no sound (no HW errors reports). I do it before and good, but now I have no sound. Any suggestion? Thanks
  11. T

    Recovery Partition...

    Here's a challenge to all the guru's out there... I've noticed that all the new notebooks come out with a recovery partition on the HDD as opposed to the recovery cd(s)... Would it be possible to create something like that on my notebook that didn't come with a recovery partition?
  12. G

    Anyone tell me what this does?

    Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?) http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=13718&item=6162603598&rd=1 ok... thought I've been around... what is this thing and how and/or does it work??
  13. D

    new windows user

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) when i turn on my computer, my computer hangs at welcome and then a message appears saying can not find fill "mcafee32exe. and i dont know how to fix the problem and i dont understand computers that well so any help would...
  14. G

    AT or ATX??

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) How can I tell if I have an AT or ATX power supply?? Fan not working and I need to replace it. Thanks
  15. vishalaestro

    What does i mean in corei3.i5 and i7 processors

    i need to know the meaning of core and i.what is the reason of keeping i3,i5 and i7 for a dualcore,quad core and quadcore with HT.
  16. CrysisComa

    Anyone who has bought from newegg.com

    im planning on buying a Cpu from Newegg. for the payment i know newegg takes paypal but do i have to enter my credit card number even if i use paypal? or even have a credit card? the reason i ask is because i dont have a credit card, i only have a paypal linked to my bank account.
  17. G

    Charts

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) I am trying to create a chart form. Isn't there an icon chart that will automatically put my chart on word pad? jps
  18. C

    Can't Restore my DVD Reader/Writer

    Windows XP sp3 suddenly won't recognize the tsstcorp cddvdw ts-l632n optical drive in my HP dv5810us Notebook. I tried several restores, have used regedit to remove the upper and lower filters, have done countless searches on the web for appropriate drivers, and tried to manually re-install many...
  19. G

    ~$800 Build for Parents

    APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: within a month BUDGET RANGE: ~$1000 including Windows and Office SYSTEM USAGE: home bookkeeping, music, browsing, movies, very light gaming PARTS NOT REQUIRED: keyboard, mouse, speakers PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: newegg.com PARTS PREFERENCES: intel...
  20. R

    New CPU, New hard drive?

    I've recently bought a new CPU, the Q8300. I also bought a new hard drive so that I wouldn't mess my old one up (it has all my files still on it) but after fitting the CPU and the HDD it just won't work. It gets to the screen saying "DEL for Setup TAB for whatever" but when I press either of the...
  21. S

    Hidden maliscious software?

    Ok, heres my problem. I have a file, a video clip. Something I downloaded and probably shouldn't have. So it wouldn't run, said I needed another codec(s). Anyway I was running low on disk space and trying to delete some things i didn't need. When I try to delete this file it says it can't...
  22. W

    Rollback feature for Windows XP

    Hello, what's up with this rollback feature? I can't download any games. How can I fix this? thanks for your help!
  23. P

    Right-clicking all file types slow

    Hello, I am experiencing this problem recently and unexpectedly. No change in the PC (install or anything else). I have already searched for help and have tried to fix via shexview. I have also checked that the problem is not related to network. sfc scannow does not fix the problem. No way. In...
  24. G

    Sony DV device not recognised

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?) have just built new computer and purchased XP pro sp2. everything running very well. Plug in my Sony camcorder which was working fine on my old PC (windows xp home sp2) using firewire connection and nothing. windows does not...
  25. G

    Win XP x64 Bit Edition Question

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) Hi, How can I get my Intelli Keyboard (Bluetooth) working on my new x64 Edition Win XP? The software does not appear to work that comes with the product. I need x64 bit versions of the software, surely MS makes it, but...
  26. G

    gpedit.msc

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?) In Group Policy window under Administrative Templates~Windows Components it is displayed only Windows Media Player object, there are no others such Windows Explorer, Internet Explorer, Control Panel etc . How...
  27. G

    Water marks on word document

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?) On a word document there are sample water marks available on the system. How do I make my on water mark (e.g. my name) and put it diagonally on the document? If I want to put my hand writing there how do I do that?
  28. E

    How to cut and paste on a job application

    i have NO idea how to cut and paste my resume when i am on a job application screen. they also ask for a browser but when i click on browse i don't recognize any of the listings they supply. i need help because this is basically the only way to apply for a job. thank you
  29. O

    Video blacking with current date set

    Hello, I'm trying to find out why this desktop is driving me crazy! Asus P4P800SE W/3.2 CPU, 2 gigs of ram. When the clock is set to the current date, it causes my monitor the flash black every couple seconds. After bootup, it changes my video settings. So, I change it to 2002 and it works...
  30. W

    ted zeigler

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?) im not sure that could be the prob,i had old old computer,didnt do it --i think i might have gone fiddling and pokin around where i shouldnt--its only sum pages-and i get massage-javascript void and minimized...
  31. B

    Please freedownload my audio driver in my computer

    Hello, my audio driver has remove my pc pl help me
  32. M

    Free driver wp601

    i want bsnl wp601 driver
  33. F

    HP Pavilion Still Crashes after adding RAM. Windows XP

    Hello, My HP Pavilion Media center which is about 4 years old still crashes after I added more RAM. The Total Ram that it can take is 4GB which is actually only 3.5 GB because It is a 32 bit system. What can be the other causes of my computer Crashing? Thank you for your help In advance
  34. Z

    Upgrade My Buddies Computer

    Ok So my buddy has a computer and his ps3 has broken and he is more on his computer now than anything and he wants to game. His specs are Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit SP1 CPU AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ 49 °C Brisbane 65nm Technology RAM 2.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 328MHz...
  35. S

    Online Poker/Gaming Build - Review and answers needed!

    I am just about to purchase a semi-budget build I put together for gaming and online poker (8-10 tables at one time). I'd really appreciate some feedback or suggestions on it. Budget: $1000 - $1500 Purchase date: Early to mid November Overclock: Yes. But it will be safe/conservative OCing...
  36. J

    Build frustration. Expensive things come in small packages.

    About 3 weeks ago I had a friend give me a modded Silverstone TJ08-E matx case. Its airbrushed to a metallic grey violet, has perfect side panel cut out on the right side (the case opens on the right) 2 matching black handles,and has a 5.25" to 4x 2.5" adapter in the bottom 5.25" drive bay, as...
  37. R

    Maya software to increase video resolution

    Hello, I have a film of 720x576 resolution how can increase resolution
  38. R

    Dump files

    When my system BSOD is freezing at initializing disk for crash dump. It never completes the dump. Any help with this is appreciated.
  39. G

    Startup Screen Resolution

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?) I would like to configure my machine to startup in 1280x1024, no matter what it is currently set to, but only when I login, not other users. We all prefer different screen resolutions and don't wish to change it manually...
  40. W

    help to problem''please re-install a copy of the above file

    Hello,