Falcon

Page 4 - Forum discussion tagged with Falcon.
  1. melikepie

    What's The 2100T?

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116394 I Thought They Can't Get A 35W CPU? Aren't Sandy Bridge Cores Like 25W Each?
  2. E

    Modding Antec Three Hundred for larger video card.

    Hey everyone. I have an Antec Three Hundred but I'm interested in buying a GIGABYTE GV-N670OC-2GD GeForce GTX 670, which is said to be 11.2" long. From what it looks like, the inside of the Antec Three Hundred case will only accommodate an 11" card. http://es.gigabyte.com/media/8982 The...
  3. T

    AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Compatibility Questions

    Hello everyone, I was recently looking into purchasing a new cpu for my gaming computer and was curious if the AMD Phenom II x4 965 black edition will work with my current motherboard. The motherboard I have is an ASUS M3A78-EM. It is an AM2+ socket and I wanted to make sure that the AM3 cpu...
  4. E

    OCZ Fatal1ty 750W: is it enough for my new build?

    Hello I am building a new rig for Ivy I picked up a OCZ Fatal1ty 750W psu to pwer it. I want to know if it will be enough Here are my compoenents. 3570k CPU 4GBx2 Memory Sapphire 6950 gfx x2 crossfire Hyper Evo 2TB Samsung F4 x2 128mb Crucial SSD x2 DVDRW Optical 8 Case Fans
  5. P

    Ocz 700 watt enough?

    i have an ocz 700 watt PSU, from my old rig, and i now plan on using it in my new one, the rig wil consist of: gigabyte p67A 8 gb Ripjaws 128 ocz SSD 2500k i5 h60 water cooler 2 x zotac GTX 560 ti nzxt phantom will this 700 watt PSU be enough?
  6. F

    This GPU with E8400?

    Hello. I am currently trying to get some new parts for my PC but don't really have a lot of money. If I were to get a 6950, 560 Ti, or 570 and have my E8400 CPU.. would it bottleneck? The CPU is almost 4 years old but for me it is still alive and ready to tackle at least another year or so...
  7. 4

    Computer components advice

    Hello everyone I am working on building my 1st computer. It will be used for everyday gaming and i was looking for some advice on the compatibility of my components. Here is what im looking at right now CASE:Dell Precision 390 stock tower MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Intel LGA 1155 - Z68 PCIe 3.0 -...
  8. G

    Cases

    This is what I have and I what to go to a slim or mini case. Thx PNY XLR8 VCGGTX4601XPB-OC GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) OC 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKS 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive...
  9. G

    System restarting every sec

    When I switch on my cpu, it restarts every second. Any specific detail I shud mention. Plz help.
  10. A

    TH67B LGA 1155 Heatsink advice needed

    My CPU has been hitting 60 degrees Celsius and the summer heat isn't here yet. I'm running an i5 2400 on a Biostar TH67B LGA 1155 board. The heatsink and fan that came installed are really rather tiny, so I'm looking to upgrade, but at a non-enthusiast price range. Will just any heatsink and...
  11. K

    Will i be bottlenecking?

    I have a cheap 60$ zotac video card details here ZOTAC ZT-50603-10L GeForce GT 520 (Fermi) 1GB 64-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card Will I be bottlenecking if I buy a AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma 3.0GHz Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor HD96ZTWFGRBOX...
  12. K

    Amd phenom II x6 1045t vs amd fx 4100 quad core

    i recently purchased an amd phenom II x6 1045t 2.7(3.2 turbo) i was thinking of swapping it out for an amd fx 4100 quad core 3.6 (3.8 turbo) and multiplier unlocked or an amd phenom II x4 965 3.4 and what do you think of the amd a-8 series 3870k black edition and with these options i...
  13. azedos

    AMD FX Series and Virtual enviroments

    I'm wondering if anyone has done or found any testing done on AMD's FX series CPUs in virtual environments? All I can find is stuff with 'games' and 'apps'
  14. W

    Gaming improvment with I7-2600k

    Hi, I was thinking of upgrading. My curent specs: I7-950 no OC Asus p6x58d-e Hd 6970 12gb of kingston ram 850w corsair psu New specs: I7-2600k p8z68-v pro hd6970 16gb of g.skill 850w corsair psu I was going to "auto"(one of the features on the board) OC the i7-2600k. Would i see any Frames...
  15. G

    Mac and PC

    Archived from groups: alt.games.quake3 (More info?) Hi Zhere, we are 3 users, 2 x PC and one MAC. Is there any way we can play QUAKE III together ? When making a PC the server, the Mac cannot connect it says "server uses protokoll 45..." When making the MAC the server, PC cannot connect it...
  16. V

    Best processor my MB will support?

    Hey guys, I currently have an older Gateway desktop with the following motherboard: 4006160RIntel (Council Bluffs) 945G Viiv Motherboard Here are the manufacturer specs for the MB: Processor Support Intel® Pentium® 4, Pentium D, Extreme® or Celeron® D processors ■LGA775 socket ■1066/800/533...
  17. K

    HP Pavillion dv5, my webcam stopped working

    Hello, HP Pavillion dv5, my webcam stopped working, how can i find it?? help!!
  18. H

    Sony PCG-TR3AP XP Driver CD Recovery Restore Disk

    Does anyone have available a Rescur and Restore disk for a Sony PCG-TR3AP with XP Professional OEM installed ?
  19. B

    Sound problems, blue screens...

    Hi, Im having a very strange distorted sound problem. Its the sort of distortion you get when say a electric motor from a hoover is turned on but only with serten sounds. e.g. The beginning of "Would I Lie to You?" this sounds very distorted for me. Im not sure if this help but here is a link...
  20. igorota

    Cpu does not shut down...wiondows xp is my os..the monitors can not be on also

    my cpu does not shut down and theres no response on the cpu whenever 1 open the cpu..what will i do.tnx
  21. I

    Can a weak PSU cause a video card not to show?

    I have just bough a few different parts for my PC including: FX 4 core 3.3 Geforce gtx 560 8GB of ddr3 1600 But im using and old (really old) PSU that only uses 250watts. I was wondering if this could be the reason that when i start my PC it shows no video at all.
  22. J

    CPU Core Temperature Sensors - SpeedFan

    Hi, I'm working on a Gateway DX4831-01e desktop PC. It intermittently becomes unresponsive and has other bizarre behavior. I'm using SpeedFan to monitor temperatures inside the unit. However, it can't find any CPU sensors or info. Is this normal? The build follows: M/N: DX4831-01e Gateway...
  23. T

    Q9550 3.3ghz upgraded to 2500k 4.5 ghz oc worth it?

    Would it be worth it? I can only get my q9550 to oc to 3.3ghz. So I've been thinking about getting a new CPU. Plus, the new motherboards out now have a lot more compatibility with sata 3 and usb 3 and all.
  24. B

    New amd board

    hey guys ive orderd a http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/Maximus_IV_GENEZGEN3/#specifications and now its says the board supports 22mm chip. so does that mean its going to support ivy bridge 22mm chip that comes out next year ? cheers
  25. N

    [Other][Help] Weird clicking sound from mobo/GPU/???

    Yesterday my desktop computer, 3 years old, started having an odd clicking sound when (what I think) it has to work on new visual data; it only clicks when I scroll a web page, open a new window, or constantly when playing a game (screen refreshes constantly). I have stopped every fan and the...
  26. S

    Comparison between core i3 and dual core

    kindly tell me which one is better in performance in core i3, dual core and celeron
  27. N

    AUTOMATIC RESTARTS,Tried changing SMPS

    Hello, My system's configuration is: 1)Intel Extreme series DP45SG motherboard 2)Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 processor(2.66Ghz 4MB L2 cache 1333Mhz FSB ) 3)Transcend DDR3 4GB RAM 1333Mhz 4)XFX Nvidia GeForce 9400GT Graphic card 5)1TB Seagate Hard Drive 6)19 inch Samsung LCD screen 7)Samsung DVD...
  28. M

    PSU for new build

    The following are all the components i will be using in my build next week :) -Intel Core i7-2600K -ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe Intel Z68 Motherboard -Corsair CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9B Vengeance Desktop Memory Kit - 16GB (4x 4GB) -EVGA GeForce GTX 580 1536MB -Cooler Master RC-932-KKN5-GP HAF 932 Advance Full...
  29. appleshaq

    120mm vs 140mm fan?

    Hi there, I am building a new computer and have a decision on fans for my case. I have narrowed it down to these two options. http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9_510&products_id=6170 120mm...
  30. M

    Moving PC components from a slimtower desktop into a bigger desktop

    My PC which I am using now is Acer Aspire AX3950. It's a slim tower PC so only low profile graphic cards are able to fit into it. It's such a hassle. So I want to move all the components from my slim tower PC and put it all into a new wider and taller Desktop body case. Then I would buy a...
  31. A

    Htpc undervolt?

    i have a spare pc and considering to use it it as an htpc. the config:- asus m4a78ltm le athlon x3 440 2gb ddr3 ram hd 4650 ddr2 i would like undervolt it as much as possible and increase power efficiency and less heat. the mobo as quite a few options for voltages if some could guide me here it...
  32. P

    Other hard disk not detected - windows 7

    Hello, I have two(2) hard disk drives. I have a Vista OS, but I'm not pleased with bad performance so I formatted it and changed it to Windows 7. I open "My Computer" and I see only the partition with windows 7 installed. Need Help Please
  33. G

    Planning to swap dell xps 8300 psu for ultra x3 1000w modular will it work?case

    I am planning to swap dell xps 8300 psu for ultra x3 1000w modular, will it work in the case?
  34. M

    Male and female molex pins

    Hello, hi
  35. Uther39

    Which AM3+ MB To Get ?

    Just looking for opinions here, as im after an AM3+ MB and not sure what to get, or on the other hand do you chaps think that once BD is released they will bring out even better MB that will be able to utilize all BD features to the max, i was also looking for one with PCIe 3.0, but have failed...
  36. L

    Athlon 64 x2 and compatible motherboards

    Hello, hello I have a AMD Athlon 64 X2 - 4800 CPU and trying to find a motherboard for it? Can you help? This is an old piece of hardware and am sure the MoBo will be old also.
  37. K

    Which Heatsink? :O

    i got a mid tower Gigabyte X2 chassis Dimension 478x185x410mm my heatsink is acting pretty weird when i boot up....cpu temp goes upto 50 according to hw monitor and then the fan speed increases to 5000 rpm then the temp goes down to 41-42...so i am gonna buy two 120mm fans and a heatsink but i...
  38. sugarcraft

    Sandy Bridge dual core vs Phenom II X4

    For general multitasking, which would be be better - i3 2100 Sandy Bridge dual core or Phenom II x4 955 quad? I'm building a desktop for a friend and both of these seem viable for my given price range. As I've mentioned, the purpose of this build is for general multitasking, and I'd like to...
  39. R

    Compaq V2606CU CPU Upgrade

    Hello, I'm interested in upgrading my old laptop. I don't want anything spectacular out of it, just to make it better for little investment. Then my kids can use it. It is a Compaq V2606CU with AMD Mobile Sempron 3000+ 1.8Ghz CPU, 1.5GB 333 DDR memory, XP Home OS, and I replaced the hard...
  40. B

    Amd H-RS880-uATX (Aloe) manual

    Hello, i have an hp pavilion p6510y with this motherboard - i have bought a new power supply, corsair 600w cx600 builder series, it has many options for connectors - : my question is in the old power supply - they have used a 20 pin atx power supply to the motherboard (it will fit a 24 though)...