Flash Memory

Page 4 - Forum discussion tagged with Flash Memory.
  1. K

    His iceq x2 7970 or evga gtx 680

    hi im not completely new to pc's but this will be my very 1st ever bought and built pc by myself and i was wondering what gpu would be better to go with for my gaming (cod4 bf3 LoL and watever else comes my way :) ) im undecided between the his iceq x2 7970 or the evga gtx 680 im planning on...
  2. G

    WTD: Latitude CPx-J System Software CD

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?) I have recently acquired a Latitude CPx-J laptop, with no disks and an empty hard drive. I've been successful in acquiring a Resource CD for this computer, but still need a System Software CD, or a copy of it. The Dell folks don't...
  3. Reynod

    Fuel Shortages in California ??

    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-10-08/california-facing-5-gasoline-stirs-brown-to-relax-rules.html
  4. BadPeteNo

    Where is the space going?

    I'm using a program called "get data back from NTFS" to recover data off of a damaged laptop harddrive. The damaged drive is only 160 GB, but about a third of the way through the recovery process it says I've got 40kb free on the 500 GB drive I'm copying everything on to. When viewing the...
  5. G

    Access

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?) Hi, I've posted before on this subject this is just a little different. I think. I've got a workgroup and I want to share some folders and files with some people, is there anyway to restrict certain people from...
  6. N

    Toshiba 500gb Canvio 3.0 Help!!!

    Ok to make a long story short I've been using this drive for school for virtual machines, homework etc. and last night I tried saving homework to it and when I plugged it in the light came on, but was not flashing when it is active or did not feel like any inner parts were spinning/moving. Now I...
  7. G

    Help installing kids games?

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.games (More info?) Recently upgraded to a new computer with XP. My daughters games require 256 color but the new system doesn't have it. Where can I get this from so she can play her games? Also, why do some games automatically run but...
  8. B

    will sp2 English wotk on Chinese XP?

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?) Does each service pack have to be specific to the lang of the OS? Have users with Chinese XP, will english sp2 work on it or do I need Chinese version of XP sp2? Thanks
  9. D

    What would be the best graphics card for an AcBel CE2 550W psu ?

    My current specs are : AMD FX(tm)-6100 Six-Core : Cpu 932GB Western Digital : HD 2x4gb 1600MHz = 8gb ddr3 : Ram NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti : Gpu
  10. N

    Graphic card not function

    Hi, Wednesday, while playing game, CPU fan and casing fan suddenly stop spinning. Then processor temperature raised up and pc auto shut down. After restart, CPU fan and casing fan still not spinning. But after i rotate the CPU fan with finger, it continue to spin again. Then i continue play...
  11. S

    GREAT LAPTOP! Acer Aspire 9920. Few ?s.

    http://global.acer.com/products/notebook/as9920.htm This seems to be a great laptop. It says it has 1920 x 1080p, but when I looked at a beefed up version of this on ebay, it was only 1650 x 1200. Is this truly 1920 x 1080? I have this one right now...
  12. G

    connection confusion

    Hi, first of all sorry for my "german" english, I hope I'll find the right words to describe the problem. I have an Asus A7V, it provides an Ultra ATA 100 IDE connector (primary and secondary) and a standard IDE connector (again primary/secondary). I connected the IBM U/DMA 100 HD (set to...
  13. G

    Solo 1200 Disassembly

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000 (More info?) I need to replace a faulty CD ROM drive in my laptop. I've found a place that sells them. Now - will the opening of the case (multiple screws etc) be obvious or are there some things I should be aware of? Is there any site with any...
  14. Reynod

    Nigel Dessau

    http://blogs.amd.com/nigel-dessau/biography/ http://www.fudzilla.com/home/item/25191-nigel-dessau-is-out-of-amd Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer Nigel Dessau is Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer of AMD, and is responsible for the company’s global marketing...
  15. G

    logo

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000 (More info?) Can anyone tell me how to get rid of that annoying gateway logo at boot? irobert_1 at charter dot net
  16. Pyree

    First dog defection and its from North Korea

    So 21 North Korean and a dog is fortunate enough to made through a dangerous journal in the rough sea and rescued off from South Korea's coast. One of the refugee is a dog owner and probably loves the dog very much and found the situation in North Korea is so unfit for the dog to live in and...
  17. A

    Need help with my build (PSU Wiring)

    Okay, so I am putting my new system together. All the hard is installed and ready to go. I am now hooking up all the wires. My PSU, Antec EA750, does not have any labels on the wiring. 1) is there a wire diagram for the PSU to tell me what goes where? Or is it just there the plugs fit thats...
  18. V

    Q6600 or i7 920?

    Hey everyone, i know most people who just read the title are gonna be thinking go with the higher priced processor. Though, my question really is, which is a better bang for my buck? I will be overclocking the Q6600 to a minimum of 3.0Ghz (3.5ghz max). ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm CPU...
  19. B

    Display problem

    Hi everyone, My brother has a MSI 4850 512 Mb graphics card.He is facing some problem while paying games.The display goes out while playing games after 20- 40 mins. He tried connecting to on board and it works with no issues.But when he re connects to the card the problem...
  20. B

    Error Message - RASauto.exe

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?) I am getting the Error Message of RASauto.exe. no memory. I have run the three Norton backdoor virus scans, but it is still there.I don't know how to solve the problem, because I don't know what the problem is...
  21. Z

    2013 sinlge monitor gaming

    Good day all, Looking to upgrade my 5770 for single monitor gaming. I have the s24b350 monitor, Does 1920, 1020. Amd 965 3.4- gHz asus m4a87td/usb3 seasonic m12 620 watt 8 gigs ram I just wanted to confirm my choice please :) Im thinking of getting 7850 or 7870, They are giving...
  22. C

    Monitor/Graphics card problem

    Hello , this my first ever post on toms hardware after hearing about the site of a friend and i have a slight problem with my computer. My build is; AMD Phenom 2 X6 1055T processor , 4GB ram and a nvidia GTS 450 so heres the problem , i turn my pc on and the fans work the leds light up and so...
  23. G

    2405FPW LCD in Australia/New Zealand

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?) Dell Australia have pulled the 2405FPW 24" LCD from their website, and here in New Zealand it has never appeared on the site, and the 20" 2005FPW has been pulled from NZ. Are these products going to be sold in Australia and New...
  24. G

    Drivers for hp all in one printer psc 1420 for windows 7

    where can i get the driver for my hp psc all in one printer 1420 for windows 7 operating system
  25. R

    I3 2100 bottleneck a hd6950 in battlefield 3

    Hello, i3 2100 bottleneck a hd6950 in battlefield 3 ? thanks
  26. G

    Are you a storage guru?

    Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?) Check this out for a bit of a challenge with your workmates: www.solutiontechnology.co.uk/exams.asp I only got 50%, so I guess I am not a guru (yet!) Berg
  27. N

    Resolution problems

    Hello, the resolution on my Windows 7 programme is very poor and it will not allow me to adjust it
  28. G

    Gateway 1200 Solo Laptop the overheated and won't come back

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000 (More info?) I have a Gateway Solo 1200 Laptop computer with 800 mhz processor that I bought from ebay. It worked for like 30 minutes, long enough to clean up the cookies, temp files and load my dlink wireless g650 pcmia card. The bottom got...
  29. A

    install external graphics card

    how to install external graphics card gigabyte motherboard...i have new graphic card ( ati) ...BUT I HAVE MASSAG ( NO SIGNAL )
  30. G

    User Account

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) I recently changed my .net framework to my computer administrator and my user account to limited account and when i turn on my computer it only shows my User account which only has limited access and I can't do anything...
  31. J

    D3 maximum graphics, minimum dollars

    I would like to put together a CPU, GPU, motherboard, RAM combination that will allow me to play D3 in co-op with 3 others on max settings at 1920x1080 with frame rates above 60fps. I would like to do this as frugally as possible. Does anyone have any recommendations based on playing the beta...
  32. E

    HELP! Asus P4P800-E DX Won't detect CD-ROM drives

    Hi, I am a first time poster so please go easy on me! I have 2 dvd/cd-rom drives which neither my motherboard nor XP will detect. Now the situation is if I plug in the power cables only without the IDE cable then the drives will receive power and I can open and close them. However, of course...
  33. S

    Problem with my GPU

    Hey... So my main problem is that my gtx 680 is idling around 67C which are pretty darn high! I don't know what to do... My specs :- Core i7 2700k 4.5ghz 8gb corsair ram Palit gtx 680(No overclocking) Asus Z77 Sabertooth Motherboard
  34. J

    Blue and yellow vertical lines going through my screen.

    I have multiple blue and yellow line vertical lines going through my screen. This all happened when I was playing a game called Dota 2 and then my computer suddenly froze and there were huge pixels on my screen. I rebooted my computer and then the lines appeared. What I noticed when I...
  35. C

    Which of these two cards is better, and why?

    Hi! I'm looking at cards on Newegg and I found these two, which I think are my best options. I'm cheap, and I have a $90 newegg gift card, so I'm trying to spend like sub $130 including the gift card. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127664...
  36. M

    NVidia GeForce 9800 GTX+ Fan running really fast/loud

    Hello users, Recently the fan on my (EVGA) GeForce 9800 GTX+ has been constantly running at an usually high RPM, similar to the sort of speed you'd only expect on start-up. Here is a list of the things I have tried, without success, to remedy the problem: 1. Un-installed old GFX drivers and...
  37. G

    REPOST: Flight Sim 2004 and Logitech Wingman ForceFeedbak

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.zone.simulation (More info?) Hello all, I have a brand new Logitech Wingman Force 3D joystick, I am getting sporadic ghost JS button presses (like brakes going on/off, views changing, etc.). I have tried out the joystick with other games and it...
  38. B

    Screen 2/3rd white

    Hello,on loading can only see top 1/3 of screen cannot see full items to select ie, next-cancel etc
  39. S

    Recommend me a 5.1 setup please

    hello, looking for a home theater experience. got the nice 3d tv and bluray player and would like a nice speaker setup and receiver if need be. was looking at the klipsche hd500 but i know nothing about speakers i just got a vizio sound bar which is just awful and i want something much much...
  40. G

    migrating from old to new computer

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000 (More info?) I have my new computer on line with XP pro and Office and McAfee. But I have lots of old files made under WordPerfect 11 etc that I need to copy to my new machine. I read in the NYTimes that the null modem is no good for user...