Flash Memory

Page 2 - Forum discussion tagged with Flash Memory.
  1. F

    My graphics card had performed bad and after upgrading I feel it may have been because I had it connected to a 4x pcie slot

    does it make a difference which slot i put it in? 16x or 4x?
  2. S

    600w power supply

    My motherboard is Astrock g31m-s, core 2 duo 3.16ghz, Psu is 400w, 2gb ddr2 ram, Can I install 600w power supply to my motherboard...? Please help me...
  3. R

    One 8GB stick now, one later?

    I want to get16gb of ram for my system but can't afford it right now so was planning to just get one 8gb stick for now and one in the future (ITX build). Is it true that you should only buy them in pairs?
  4. D

    LED blinks after shutdown

    I'm using asrock g41mvs3 p2.0 motherboard....installed with windows 8.1 once I turn my pc off.. after a few hours led light starts blinking.. when i press power button on.. it is not turning on.. So i need to unplug & plug all connections to turn it on.. Besides this issue..when my pc is turned...
  5. C

    How to activate Anti-Virus Software in Dell Laptop

    Have purchased Dell Laptop from Delhi in AUG 2014 alongwith Mcafee Anti-Virus Software with 15 months free. I am unable to activate the above software in my laptop. could please advise me how to activate the software in my laptop? Every time displaying McAfee showing you have not activated...
  6. C

    Help Buying New Laptop! ($800 budget, touch screen, 15.6")

    Man, almost exactly two years ago I came here looking for help. I'm in need of another new laptop because the one I had is having some issues that require repairs and I feel it's better to upgrade than repair. I've narrowed it down to two, quite possibly three, but I'd like a few more opinions...
  7. M

    Graphics card or Processor improvement?

    Hello, my name is Mike, I have a: Intel Core i5 2500k GTX 660 SC 8GB GDDR5 RAM. So I was wondering.. what would you guys recommend me to do, change the graphics card for a better one or the processor? I'm aiming to get more FPS on games, thus I'm a gamer.. whatever you recommend me, please...
  8. Z

    Unable to Port Forward

    Hello, I am trying to set up a VPN for my friends and I. However, upon trying to forward the necessary ports I am met with this Screen Shot I am unable to change the first three numbers of the IP, which I need to be able to change in order to properly port forward. I am using a Comcast...
  9. Dangles

    Explorer refuses to index or show thumbnails.

    My explorer seems to be having a strange issue where the sidebar never shows major file locations and thumbnails never show (only the file name and an empty spot (not even a default icon). Even when the progress/queue bar is full/complete, nothing happens. I thought this might be an indexing...
  10. G

    Upgrading my graphics card

    Hi I want to replace my vtx3d radeon 7850 x-edition. My budgets around £350 any suggestions ?
  11. G

    thermal paste for the i7-4790K

    I was planning on building a new system with the i7-4790K. A coworker told me that this processor does NOT need thermal compound like other processors. I've been trying to google some information on it but I'm not finding a specific yes/no answer. Of course I don't want to throw almost $350...
  12. G

    My PC slows down after few minutes of usage. Help.

    My computer boots slower than it used to and after few minutes of usage it will begin to slow down, especially when using web browser (keyboard input lag and page stuttering when I'm trying to scroll down) I've already tried: -Cleaning my pc, removed dust from all fans etc. -ran malwarebytes...
  13. captaincharisma

    looking for advice on a new laptop

    hello everyone, i am hoping someone here can help me with a getting a new laptop. i am looking for a basic mainstream laptop. looking to spend $300-$700CAN. I am looking more at getting an asus laptop this time around I had an MSI before that lasted me a long time.. preferably something...
  14. L

    laptop takes too long finding and connecting to home wifi (up to 20 min)

    Hi! I need help with my laptop wireless connection. It just takes too long for my laptop to find and connect to my home wifi and this is happening for more then 2 months now, i really don't know what to do anymore. Other devices (tablet and mobile phone) are not having that issue and connect...
  15. D

    update my bios

    my motherboard is a h87plus and after looking at asus website i see there is a new bios 1105. i have 0808 now i believe. i downloaded it on usb drive after formating it. its a cap. file i went into bios and found ez flash in my tools section. there are a couple choices there , so i click the...
  16. D

    Inspiron 5520 overheating?

    So i had my inspiron 5520 for year n 1/2 now and it was working just fine. But recently i noticed that my cpu tempterature goes 70c+ on under 20% of cpu usage and area where the cooler is literary burning and its louder than my speakers. Any suggestions? While idle While playing LoL (1080p...
  17. D

    Is this a good build for gaming?

    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/TgPK23 I'm thinking of changing out the 780 for a 770 because I'm only doing single monitor gaming and it would fit my budget a bit more. What do you guys think? Thanks in advance. Also you can change anything else that would make it less expensive, maybe around $1400-1500?
  18. J

    Corsair k65 keyboard not being reconized by windows 7

    After using this keyboard for months on my windows 8 machine, I wanted to use it on my laptop. The keyboard LED's light up a solid color, but I am unable to type with it. Any idea as to what the problem might be?
  19. D

    i need some help

    Hey guys i was just wondering if my 500 watt psu could run a r9 280x. Pc specs FX 6300 8GB RAM 1TB SEAGATE And this psu http://www.coolermaster.com/powersupply/b-series/b500/
  20. al man

    NAS, RAID1, Media streaming [transcoding is a plus], Linux-XMBC server.

    Hey guys, Hope everybody's doing well. I am looking for building a power efficient NAS, RAID1 XMBC, Torrent, Linux based rig; for say, 24/7 use, and that allows media transcoding and streaming to other devices -say android mobile devices, other linux box and a windows pc. Even if it has room...
  21. Max33

    What motherboard should I choose?

    I'm not quite sure yet if this is the build i'm going to get, but what motherboard should I get with it? i7-4770 AMD r9 290x (also thinking of getting the gtx 780 instead) 750w corsair PSU 8GB ram, probably going to upgrade it later but choosing 8bg ram for now. 144hz 21-23 inch full LED...
  22. virtualwellz

    Ram voltage warning

    My Computer : http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/3CHYV I get this warning on pcpartpicker: Kingston HyperX Grey 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory operating voltage of 1.65V exceeds the Intel Ivy Bridge CPU recommended maximum of 1.5V+5% (1.575V). This memory module may run at a reduced clock rate to...
  23. S

    Corsair H80i Leaking

    I want to buy this liquid cooler http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Series-Extreme-Performance-Liquid/dp/B009ZN03AA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1399170506&sr=8-1&keywords=corsair+h80i If i buy it is it going to leak or something? Is it known for liquid coolers to leak??? Thanks for reading.
  24. W

    CPU fan error

    Hello guys! I just recently put together my PC when when I boot it up it says :CPU FAN ERROR. I can however navigate the bios and everything seems fine. I have am Asus rampage 4 formula. My CPU fan header is connected to an 8 way splitter with 4 fans connected and the CPU opt has a pump on it...
  25. L

    How do I remove my bezel from my pc case

    I don't know how to remove my front panel on my Aerocool strike x advance pc case. it seems to be stuck and I pull as hard as I can but it won't open Help?!!
  26. A

    Upgrading my computer

    A few years ago I bought an HP Pavilion p7-1234. I realize now that the graphics card it came with - the Radeon HD 6530D - isn't great for some of the newer games and even for some of the ones that aren't quite as new. I'm looking to buy a new graphics card for it, but I don't know what to...
  27. C

    Default memory freq. set by mboard

    I've changed my memory frequency from 1333MHz to 1.6GHz via my BIOS. Should I have left it the way it was or have influenced my performance beneficially?
  28. Z

    Aftermarket coolers for GTX 760

    My friend is getting 780 and would sell his 760 for $100. Problem is it is a reference cooler and it heats up. Is it a good deal?Should I just save up and buy EVGA, MSI, Gigabyte or Asus?
  29. D

    Need advice on build

    Intel Core i5-4670K Processor - Quad Core, 6MB L3 Cache, 3.4GHz, 84W, Fan, 1200 MHz Graphics Core Speed - BX80646I54670K Asus Z87-A Motherboard - ATX, LGA1150, Intel Z87 Express Chipset, 2800 MHz DDR3 (O.C.), SATA III (6Gb/s), 8-CH Audio, Gigabit LAN, Quad-GPU CrossFireX Ready - Z87-A Patriot...
  30. R

    Never Ending Problems

    So I have a new build. Asrock z87 extreme4 mobo. Was originally getting a 55 code which related to memory. Got different memory and 55 code is now gone. Now it gives me A2 code which says sata/ide problem. unplug all the sata and now I have a 99 code which says Video Card. Could I possibly...
  31. T

    Frame rate very slow

    I was looking for a little help as I have tried everything I can think of to solve this issue. I have an Alienware M15x laptop running Win 8.1 Pro with an i7 / 8GB (maxed out) and AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5800 Series graphic card. The problem is with frame rate. Any kind of flash game is...
  32. F

    Massive lag in every game

    First of all, I got this issue when I downloaded the 332.21 Nvidia drivers yesterday. Second, this happens in pretty much every game. Okay, so I installed the latest Nvidia driver and restarted my pc. Then I tried playing some BF4 and instantly got extreme lag spikes, even though it has worked...
  33. C

    Computer Upgrade for under 600$

    My specs are Processor: Amd phenom II X4 955 3.20GHz (4 CPUS) RAM: 12 GB Operating system Windows 7 Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 430 I really don't know how many watts my power supply is sorry and I dont know if you need to know my motherboard but basically I want to upgrade my...
  34. smith_

    Google chrome os, questions

    Hello, (I recently bought a samsung chromebook. It's running crouton and chrome os.) My questions are: 1)Is there a way find the internal files that are being used? (The file manager is basically empty. The 16gb ssd now says 7.7gb left and i would like to see what files are being stored. )...
  35. LukeMaBoy

    Samsung 840 EVO vs. Kingston SSDNow V300?

    I'm getting an SSD for my build (120GB) and I planned on getting the kingston because its cheaper, but I just saw that the samsung went down to the same price as the kingston. Which one has better specs and is more reliable. I'm leaning toward samsung. Kingston Digital 120GB SSDNow V300...
  36. I

    Help with building in the BitFenix Prodigy M

    Hey guys, I'm building my first computer, and i've come across a few questions that I figured you all might be able to help answer. Here's a list of specs first: Case: BitFenix Prodigy M Mobo: Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 Micro ATX AM3+ CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core CPU Cooler: Promalitech Megahelms...
  37. D

    Will this setup work....

    I have been on other hardware sites to check, first time building a computer... I need to know if this setup works. Really nervous, please tell if it wont work and why. I will put link for google docs file: I would also like to know if I have enough power for crossfire 7870's. Thank you in...
  38. S

    New Cloned Drive will not work!

    Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?) Hi, I'm donating my old system to an unemployed friend, but I've run into a major problem in the process of upgrading it. It had two hard drives: 6GB (c: drive) and 8GB (other data and linux. I wanted to replace the 6Gig with...
  39. P

    Not detecting cd??

    Hi i'm kinda confused as to what is going on, the computer detects a my dvd drive but when i put in the cd it doesnt detect it, i think it has to do something with the lens, is there someway i can fix this myself or would i have to get a new one?
  40. S

    Avi to dvd?

    what is an avi file, and is it possible to convert it to dvd quickly to play on a region 2 dvd player?