Flash Memory

Page 3 - Forum discussion tagged with Flash Memory.
  1. G

    hybrid raid IDE external hdd enclosure?

    Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?) can someone recommend an affordable ($300 or less?) hybrid raid IDE external hdd enclosure? one that holds like 4 hard drives and hooks up to your PC via USB2 or firewire? i probably need a couple and have a terrabyte each...
  2. M

    Seagate SATA drive vs. WD PATA drive performance

    So I have two systems here, one running a Seagate 120 GB SATA 7200 RPM, 8 mb cache HDD, and the other running a Western Digital PATA 7200 RPM, 8 mb cache HDD. Both systems are running on NF2 Ultra motherboards, but in the system with the WD drive, we are using an add on PCI IDE card to support...
  3. G

    How to know if computer is compatible for wireless router

    I bought a All-in-one computer and I'm not sure that is capable of having a wireless connection. Where would I look to find the wireless adapter that should exist if it has wireless capabilities
  4. G

    DOS Program Will Not Print

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) I have a DOS program (Volkswriter) that will not print in XP. I have thousands of documents that we are converting but need to still use them in the mean time. When I print, it doesn't list any errors, just acts like...
  5. M

    Remote Assistance, One Way Connect

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?) I am running Windows XP SP2. The other computer is running the same. Neither computer is running a router. Both are on DSL. TCP 135, TCP 3389, sessmgr.exe, and helpsvc.exe are all in the XP Firewall Exceptions list...
  6. D

    Dell computer my keyboard not working

    My dell laptop key board is not responding. mousing is fine can do shutdown and reboot and still unresponsive. suggestions
  7. J

    Network security key

    Hello, I just bought a new laptop and need to connect to the internet. It is asking me for a security code which I have forgotten. Is there a way to find this key
  8. K

    SUN hard drives?

    Hi, Does anybody know what kind or specific types of hard drives will work with a SUN SPARCstation 5? I only know of 2 or 3 which SUN actually uses in their systesm. All I know is that the drives are SCSI SCA, and I think 80-pin. Working mostly with IDE stuff, I'm really confused about all...
  9. W

    Modem/Router

    Hello, I have multiple computers setup on a home network in my home. Recently I added my single DSL phone line also out to my shop where I have a small apartment. The Apartment is setup with the same phone line as my home. The phone works fine. What do I need to do to use my computer on the...
  10. M

    Hp pavilion slimline vs dell inspiron

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Productcompare.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100006736&IsNodeId=1&Description=i5&bop=And&CompareItemList=10|83-147-835^83-147-835-TS,83-155-204^83-155-204-TS im looking into getting a new pc and i narrowed my choices down to these two computers in your...
  11. vvhocare5

    Windows GodMode Folder

    A co-worker showed me this Windows feature. I am not taking credit for finding it. Create a new folder and rename it: GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C} It will self populate with most Windows settings available to you in one place. I created it on my Desktop using Win7-64. It...
  12. M

    Hdd boot woes, please help!!

    After having finally upgrading to an AthlonXP CPU i decided to treat myself to a new hard drive as well. I eventually bought the Western Digital 100gb drive with the 8mb cache. The problem is that after partitioning and formating with XP using the CD as a boot disc, (windows xp loads on fine)...
  13. G

    Bitlord no incoming connections

    Hello, I dont have a firewall on so i cant seem to understand the problem? I cant download anything, the seeders wont start even when i know this torrent file has a lot of up and going seeders
  14. C

    Software compatability with Windows 7

    Hello all, I have a question regarding Windows 7. I know that it is a 64 bit system and have read that it is not compatible with some software that is running a 32 bit system. Specifically I am referring to products from Adobe. I would like to know if anyone has heard about compatibility...
  15. S

    Universal password for dell adminstration setup

    please could someone help me to erase my administer password on dell XPS 140
  16. jeff77789

    Beta-key

    Yesterday, a pop up came up on my computer and said that my activation key for Windows 7 was broken. The system automatically rebooted and it told me to put in the activation key when I re-logged in. I put my key that I got from Microsoft.com at the time and it immediately said that it was...
  17. D

    Hello

    can u help me please my keyobard types wrong and slow for excample I want to write hello it types "olleH" (THE LAST LETTERS FIRST)
  18. G

    System Builder version - NEED HELP BAD!

    Ok, I am 16 and I am going through my first PC build. I have all of the parts, but I don't have the OS yet. I am looking on Newegg, and for full version home premium 64 bit it says $283. I seriously can not afford this, I thought it would be cheaper. It does, however, say System Builder OEM...
  19. Divyanshu Sah

    Can you solve my problem?

    My problem is regarding batman arkham city. Every thing is going all right .I have just started playing it and stuck on 2% in amusement mill or something like that where catwoman meets ivy and asked for help and she refuses it. After that there is cutscene conversation between batman and joker...
  20. M

    Touchsmart iq506

    Hello,worked fine night before, shutdown at night, next day, I turned it on. It would go to blue HP screen, then goes black and says to reboot or use reboot media disc--help HP says hard drive is bad and wants me to buy another
  21. JackNaylorPE

    Shortcut please

    After helping my son build his latest rig, we were wrestling with a lot of driver issues which kept spitting up messages in Event Viewer. When I kept asking him to e-mail me the messages, he **copied** the shortcut icon off Control Panel I assumed and placed it on the desktop. When we had...
  22. M

    IBM Deskstar75GXP 45 gig partions

    Hello, I am looking for a little advice. Yesterday, I partitioned my 45 gig hard drive using Partition Commander 6.0 I made a 2 gig partition for Windows, a 30gig partition for my programs, a 1 gig partion for a swapfile, and the remainder for "MY" files and such. All of the partitions are...
  23. thedude300

    Overclocking my 1090T

    I currently own a 1090T black edition. I run it with a Gigabyte gtx 670 OC and a m4a89gtd pro usb3 motherboard. I have the hyper 212+ cooler on it as well. I need help overclocking my CPU more. Though it could be just the chip but I'd like to get it to at least 4.0ghz I currently get it stable...
  24. S

    VGA HELP

    Hi guys.... i have a sapphire HD 5830 and im using a axle 500W psu i want to sell my 5830 and get a used graphic card my friend has a Evga 9800 GX2 My question is Is it worth selling the 5830 and getting the 9800 GX2? If yes will the 500W psu support the 9800 gx2?
  25. M

    Is it worth upgrading from Radeon 4870 to Geforce GTX 650ti

    Hello, I would like to know if it's worth, my current system is: Intel Core 2 Duo 3GHz 2GB RAM (I know have to buy more) Ati Radeon HD 4870 Geforce 650ti should be more powerful and consume less power, but won't my CPU bottleneck it? I am planning for occasional gaming.
  26. N

    2gb memory card

    why wont my inspiron 6000 accept 2gb memory picture card
  27. B

    Wondering if i have imcompatible hardware

    Hello, I had some old pieces and i decide assemble a pc, so i have a Mainboard Intel DP965LT CPU: Intel core 2 duo 6300@1.8Ghz Graphic Card: Nvidia 8600GT memory 1024 MemoryRam : 4gb ddr2 i install all of them and seems to work normal, but i feel it is like slowww, is the Graphic card too...
  28. D

    I got a TV/FM Card... how do i use it?

    :bounce:
  29. V

    Need help!

    ok, so i just built my first computer and i am having some problems, my monitor is not being filled ( black lines on border ) and i dont know how to fix it i have tried changing the resolution but no help there.. any ideas on how to fix? im running off hdmi on a amd radeon HD 6800! thanks in...
  30. T

    New Graphics Card Sub-£150? Wait for 8850?

    Hi guys, I'm looking to upgrade my graphics card for £100 - £150... My current specs are: i3 2100 8Gb Ram GT 520 1Gb 1TB HDD ASUS P8H61-M LE Cooler Master GX Lite 700w I was thinking about going for a 7770 or a 7850, what do you think? When are the 8XXX series suppose to be released, is it...
  31. Lord_Kitty

    Reference GTX 760 (or custom R9 270X)

    So, I'm having a hard time deciding which graphics card to buy. I was looking at buying a Sapphire R9 270X Dual-X. Its quite cheap and offers a good overclocking headroom, low noise levels and a black PCB and cooler that will fit perfectly in my system. But the Leadtek GTX 760 is around...
  32. S

    MSI GTX 660ti

    so the MSI GeForce GTX 660ti has 2dvi 1hdmi 1display port... if i have 2 x 20" monitors (dvi&vga) and 1 32" tv (hdmi,vga) how would i connect all three of these with the GPU? i was planning on doing 32" with hdmi and the 2 monitors with dvi. but would that work? i think i remember hearing that...
  33. S

    How good are Dell for gaming?

    I currently have a comp with AMD FX-60, dual 256MB 7800 GTX, 2GB ram. Would I experience noticeable decrease in performance from a dell with Pentium D 3.2GHZ Extreme edition, 2GB ram and dual 512MB 7800 GTX?
  34. C

    What downloads should i get for Windows 7?

    Ok, so i've burned the .iso to a disk so i can run windows 7 in my new build at first post, but what other downloads should i get? Dunno what updates there are for windows 7, should i dl the updates now and burn them on the disk, or dl them once i run windows 7 on my new build. (links to updates...
  35. G

    560ti or 650ti

    which should i choose the palit 650ti oc'ed or the 560ti dcu ii top ? is pci-e 3.0 will be a big advantage over the 560ti ? i do have a pcie 3.0 board and proc . many thanks TOmshardware !
  36. C

    Does it matter which way AMD heatsink is fitted?

    Hi, I have just completed my first new build, I just have a quick question regarding the AMD heatsink. When fitting the heatsink does it matter which way it is installed? I have attached the heatsink to the notches on the brackets and secured it by pushing down on the clip, however as it is...
  37. H

    EVGA GTX 480 Crashing/Artifacting - Totally stumped

    Recently received a GTX 480 from my RMA of my old GTX 480. Thinking this one is dead/dying too. The issue is that the card is crashing on nearly every single game as soon as the game is about to start. It works in the menu, works in the loading screen, but when actual game movement starts...
  38. C

    Sound driver for core i3 processor free download

    why i not heard sound in core 3 i prossesor after install driver of sound
  39. N

    which ram to choose?

    im building a new budget gaming system and was wondering which ram would be best to get. im using an e4300 and ds3 mobo and intent to overclock to 3 ghz so i wont need 2 overclock whatevr ram i decide to get. its come down to 2 choices: kingston valueram 2gb pc-6400 cl5...
  40. G

    Pop-Ups?

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?) I'm getting un-controlable pop-ups and automatic files trying to d/l on my laptop WinXp. I have Another IE Pop-Up Killer installed, but something go d/l'd on my PC which has pop-up popping up over the pop-up killer. Any...