HP Printers

Page 4 - Forum discussion tagged with HP Printers.
  1. G

    autockh missing

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) when xp starts to boot i get autochk missing and it trys to boot over and over . any way i can fix this .
  2. M

    Norton Ghost 2001

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?) In 2002 I bought Norton Ghost 2001. I have been told that it will not restore a clone of XP. Is this true? I was just about to use it. Colin
  3. G

    Out of Date Firmware, what device?

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) I have an ECS PT800CE-A motherboard and a P4 processor running Windows XP Pro SP2. I have been having a lot of problems with crashing and recently found an entry in the System Logs (Control Panel>Administrative...
  4. smokeybravo

    AMD Richland Series

    I have a feeling this line of CPUs, namely the A10-6800K, is going to be quite good. As I'm typing this, I'm running Mass Effect 3 @ 1920x1080 with anti-aliasing and dynamic shadows turned on and I'm getting no less than 50 FPS all with an A10-5800K and integrated graphics. The CPU is running at...
  5. G

    I5 3570K Bottlenecking Crysis 3?

    I'm using a core i5 3570K overclocked to 4 GHz and have a 7970 + 7950 in Crossfire, playing Crysis 3. When I run Crysis 3 on Ultra, my CPU usage goes up to 95-100% in some spots while both GPUs are only at around 50-60% usage and my FPS drops to around 30. What's going on?
  6. P

    Is this really true about win XP?!?!

    After i mentioned to my friend that i havn't noticed a difference by switching from 512Mb ram to a 1024mb, he said that win XP not fully utilizing 1 gig of ram, that i need a 64 bit OS. He said regular XP utilizes only 512 and the rest still swaps from page file. I couldn't belive my ears!!! Is...
  7. S

    Problem with MSN Messenger status!

    Suddenly my status on the MSN for all my contacts appear as I'm offline... But I'm my PC it shows that I'm online! The unique change I've made was to update my NIC card driver... But I don't thinks it has anything to do with the problem...
  8. F

    MCE 2005 general setup questions

    Ok, I just recently bought a copy of Windows MCE 2005 and the MCE remote control to put together a simple media center box for use in the living room. I have a lot of video stored on my network that I would like to be able to play back on my TV. So here are a couple questions, I'm just looking...
  9. D

    Toshiba laptop

    My wife's Toshiba L305-S5955 laptop computer crashed and it didn't come with a restore disc. I used a Vista disc I have for my desktop to restore it and it didn't work. Where can I get a restore disc?
  10. C

    Motherboard & Power supply Problem (new assembly)

    Hello, It's been a while since I've attempted to assemble a system. I bought a kit from TigerDirect. The problem is correctly connecting the power supply (Orion HP585D) to the motherboard (Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3). The MB has both a 24 pin socket and an ATX_12V (8 pin socket). The power supply...
  11. patrick47018

    Red Led Controller for PC Gaming

    Hello I need your guy's help in finding a red LED controller for the PC for me to game with. Thanks all.
  12. P

    Can't uninstall program, "multiple users"??

    I'm trying to get rid of this Intel Desktop Utilities program because I want to use something else to monitor fan speeds and temperatures, but it won't seem to allow it. When I go to Add/Remove Software and hit the Change/Remove button, the InstallShield Wizard starts and begins configuring...
  13. U

    Problem: Computer freezes/ resets without BSOD

    As explained in the title above, my computer constantly keeps freezing. At first when it started freezing it would make this loud buzzing noise, however after cleaning the inside of the computer, there is no buzzing sound but the freezes still occur, it also restarts sometimes, just a random...
  14. G

    Oddly named folder...

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) I cannot instal or do much cause I "Can't open file for writing C:/Documents and Settings/¢Ö.○○◘○♣☺♠" then it goes to whatever I'm trying to do. I can't rename it, cause it's a windows file.. Please help
  15. UNMP Berkut

    Premium Gaming PC Advice (Budget control, Water Cooling, etc.)

    Approximate Purchase Date: ASAP (Today if advised correctly) Budget Range: $4300 max System Usage from Most to Least Important: Ultra-High Quality gaming, Video and movie watching/editing, Browsing the Internet, Word processing Are you buying a monitor: Yes, 3 1080p ASUS VN247H-P...
  16. G

    WINDOWS ICON ARROWS

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?) Is there anyway to remove the little black and white arrow icon that shows up shortcut icons? I have some nice icons and that arrow just takes so much away from the overall look of things. Hope someone can help with...
  17. T

    THG Whining in iPod Review

    I'm not an Apple zealot, but I have to ask what's up with THG's one-page long whine about Apple's attitude towards Windows users ? The company's commentary is directed towards Windows, not the humans that use it. Most people understand this. The complaints sound like sour grapes on the part...
  18. T

    Multi-Core Prime

    I developed a multithreaded CPU benchmark that calculates PRIME numbers using a multithreaded parallel algorithm written in C++ and assembler. The software calculates prime numbers from 1 to 1.000.000.000 [one billion]. A slider will help you set the exact interval: from 1 to 10.000.000 [ten...
  19. C

    Overclocking on M68MT-S2P Motherboard

    I'm having some problems getting the best overclock for my processor with this motherboard. My Specs are: GA-M68MT-S2P motherboard Phenom II x4 965 BE Processor 8 GB Crucial Ballistix Tactile RAM EVGA GTX 550Ti GPU Windows 7 64-bit This computer is for my fiancee so I of course want it to run...
  20. Tsukuyomi0101

    HELP! Overclocking the i5-2500k

    *NOTE: This is a repost from the CPU section as i derped and didnt see the GIANT Overclocking section, doh* Alright so im overclocking the i5 using this guide http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/c [...] i5-2500k/4 The first time i had the multi thread set to 1, it booted without the voltage...
  21. A

    Asus zenbook. Trying to make a partition.

    I try to shrink my C: and it says I am able to shrink up to 40GB (i have a 128GB SSD) but when i try to do it, it doesn't let me. Im only able to shrink about 4 GB, which is definitely not enough to run a linux OS, which is my goal.
  22. denster

    Automatic Updates Question

    Has anyone ever put a nice fresh copy of XP on their system, with a few handful of favorite programs, say about 10 or so, WITHOUT ever installing any windows updates yet, and notice how fast everything is??? Windows shuts down and starts up in 3-5-7 seconds, I mean fast! I am suspicious of...
  23. R

    Memory.DMP

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) Hi, I have noticed that my memory.dmp is a massive size and to back this up in a routine weekly takes forever, can this file be removed and if so, what are the effects of doing so. Thanks, Rob
  24. JunAyes

    I installed a new mobo, but now I get no monitor response!

    In an attempt to repair a prior problem that came up while installing a Corsair H60 to my PC I bought and installed a new mobo, Asus M5A95R2.0 and upon installing it along with another dibb of RAM. My issue now is that upon turning the power on ( all the appropriate fans work , GPU fan, liguid...
  25. F

    Swapping BIOS chips... ok?

    Hi guys, I have an Asus P6T7 board with an old bios version that I cannot boot as it does not support my 980X until a later firmware. The 980X was removed from my Rampage III Gene that has an identical bios chip, what is likely to happen if I remove the bios chip from the Rampage and pop it...
  26. M

    Splash Screen

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?) On previous windows os I have replaced my splash screen with my own customised one. Is it still possible in XP as I can't remember how I did it before. I thought it was Logo.sys & logos.sys, but they do not seem to exist...