Leadtek

Page 2 - Forum discussion tagged with Leadtek.
  1. T

    ASUS MAXIMUS VII GENE or MSI Z97M Gaming

    Can't decide between the two boards for my new mATX build. Would love to hear some feedback on which one you guys think is better. Thanks
  2. K

    New GTX 760 does not seem to run at full potential

    Yesterday I installed the EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB Superclocked ACX Video Card into my computer, replacing my old EVGA GTX 650, and it does not seem to be running at its full potential. It seems to be running at almost the same effectiveness as the GTX 650, but why? I know that a few things may...
  3. C

    hard drive problem

    This BUFFALO HD-PCTU3 500 GB Extrernal Hard Drive has really proved to be a nightmare. I have posted an image here of its properties in the My Computer tab. Could anyone explain what the 95.8 MB occupied space consists of. It is the only place where I can see it. All other software , command...
  4. K

    Have a rough build outline, can someone help me improve it?

    http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Kenichiwa/saved/4wTw That is what I'm thinking of assembling, my budget is approximately $1,500 but i would like to go under budget so I've assembled this list. As this is my first time building a computer, there is a good chance I picked a bad part or something so...
  5. A

    Will it harm my computer ?

    Hey guys, just wanna know that if I keep my computer ON for 24 hrs straight and 24/7 ON , then will it damage my PC components like motherboard , CPU or GPU and any other parts ? My rig is Core i7 4th gen 4771, GigaByte Z87X-OC , GTX 760 , PSU 700 W Cooler Master, CPU Cooler = Corsair H 100i...
  6. S

    Running 3 Monitors

    Hey guys! I'm fairly new to the PC world as I've been a Mac user for a while. I just recent built a PC. It is mostly used for gaming. My motherboard is the ASUS Maximus VI Formula and my graphic card is the ASUS GeForce GTX 780 3GB GDDR5. I wanted to know how to hook up 3 monitors to have the...
  7. D

    WTS - Reference ATI HD 5770 1 GB

    Selling my 5770 as i Have a 780 GHz in my computer now and this one is collecting dust. I am asking for $75. This card still works pretty well. I was able to play a lot of modern games at medium settings at 1920x1080 so its not all too bad. PM for any questions regarding the graphics card...
  8. P

    1000$ Gaming/Programming Build.

    Approximate purchase date: April 15th 2014. Budget Range: 1000-1200$. System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Computer programming, watching movies browsing internet etc. Are you buying a monitor: No. Do you need to buy OS: Yes. Location: British Columbia, Canada. Parts...
  9. M

    $900-$1100 First Gaming PC build help

    Hey I am going to start buying the parts for my first gaming pc now with the goal of having all of them by the end of July so that I can build it and basically have the dream build I have wanted for the longest time. I would like to stay right around $1000 for the whole build with an OS as well...
  10. B

    Asus K55a - Missing Partition

    My brother installed Ubuntu 13.10 over my Windows 8 Asus K55a 64 bit system. Now all the partitions are screwed up and I cannot get the factory defaults back by pressing F9 at boot up.So the recovery partition looks screwed. Instead I have had to install Windows 8 Enterprise on the system to...
  11. R

    mini-ITX Vs ATX

    So I think i knwo the answer to this question, and it may sound really dumb, but can my sabertooth x79 mobo fit in the btifenix prodigy case? And can you sum up mini-itx vs atx?
  12. B

    Computer Hard Crashes with no logs

    Problem: I built the computer back in November and have had no issues whatsoever until a couple days ago. While watching Youtube videos the entire screen turns to a random solid color (pink, teal, grey, black so far) and the audio just repeatedly clips the last sound bite (horror movie style)...
  13. S

    Forza 4 or Horizon?

    I started liking racing games and I am wondering which i should get. Forza Motorsports 4 pr Forza Motorsports Horizon and what is the difference between them?
  14. G

    R9 280X on a 600 watt PSU?

    Is it safe? Card is a Sapphire dual-x R9 280X. It's rated to require 750W but I've heard a couple people running on a lot less than that. I know what can happen if the PSU isn't enough. I just want to know if anyone knows how much power this card actually draws?
  15. M

    Which memory should I go with?

    would it be good to go with 3 x 4gb or 2 x 8gb I was also thinking of going with maybe 2 x 16gb which one would perform better i know the 2 x 16 would but out of the those other two though
  16. Z

    Computer cut power during start up?

    Hi everyone, just over a month ago I built my own PC with 8gb corsair vengeance, 1tb sata3, corsair CX750 PSU, gtx 760 2gb GPU, WiFi, Intel Core i5 4570 CPU, and Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H motherboard. Originally I installed Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit on it and it ran perfectly fine. Yesterday I...
  17. A

    Can someone please tell me the problem?

    Hi I bought a GTX770 and replaced my old GT610, once putting the graphics card in the fans work perfectly fine but when I try to press F9 on my key board it wont let me press any key? I then waited a while then it went to a blank screen with a flashing ( _ ) in the top left corner. I swapped...
  18. S

    Integrated HD 2000 - Actually Impressive

    I know for most this is going to make you laugh. But I just built my first system from scratch utilizing an I5-2400 @ 3.1ghz, overclocked with my Gigabyte Z68 mobo to 3.9Ghz(max allowable ) and I have to say ... the integrated chip actually has me pretty impressed. I did not have the budget to...
  19. R

    My GTX 560

    Hey, I need the Forum's Help!!! I just installed an EVGA GTX 560. no conflicts. 750 watt PSU, 3.11 ghz dual core processor, 4 gb of ram. 28" monitor. MSI MoBo with pcie. I downloaded and installed the latest drivers for the card. 280.26 I got EVGA precision running and the card is idling...
  20. A

    Can gtx 460 fit into my hp dx7500 microtower pc ?

    PLEASE just need sharp clean answer : with a new 600 watt Power supply . . . Can a nvidia GTX 460 fit into my HP dx7500 microtower pc ?? or it's size will make a problem ?? thankx in advace . . .
  21. J

    Ultra 600 watt ok with GTX 550

    Hello, I have an Ultra Xfinity 600 watt power supply and was considering getting an Asus GTX 550 TI card but I was not sure if it will power the card. Any idea?
  22. V

    Upgrade options from CrossFire

    I have two PowerColor 5770s in crossfire right now, and I'm debating upgrading my computer from Phenom II to a Sandy Bridge setup. My main question is, should I go for a 6870 or a 6950? I've been trying to find a review that compares the performance of 2 5770s to other setups, but I'm having a...
  23. S

    Need Help

    Hey, Just bought a new video card, but I can't see out of it unless I'm in safe mode, problem is, I can't install its driver from safe mode. This circle I can't get out of, how do I make the video card operational in normal Windows? Thanks.
  24. G

    Disk Defrag: Cannot defrag files that aren't there!

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) At the end of a routine defrag, the report said it could not defragment a long list of files. And fragmentation was relatively high after the defrag (5%) Problem is, these files do not exist anymore. I have deleted...
  25. L

    I have a serious problem with crossfire 5770s

    I have a ASUS P8P67 LE motherboard that is crossfirex ready. I have an intel i5 2500k An 850watt power supply and 2 Ati 5770 graphics cards I have installed them both correctly, and i connected the crossfire cable. These are my two 5770 in gpu z. The problem is that no matter what i do, I...
  26. M

    can i swap these CPUs?

    i was just given a Dell Optiplex 780 small form factor with an Intel Core 2 Duo E7600 3.06ghz CPU. my question that i hope someone can answer is whether or not i can just swap processors with another 780 that has an Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 3.0ghz processor? would that simply be "plug and play"...
  27. S

    Suggestions for a GPU

    hi guys i am new here so please help me i just brought this stuff: Amd Phenom II x4 955 Black Edition Biostar A770e3 Gskill F3-10666CL8D-4GBHK 4gb ddr3 1333 (8-8-8-21) i havent decided a GPU but my budget for GPU is under $150 or cheaper i will do gaming on it.I havent choosen a PSU too...
  28. wishmaster12

    2 6950s

    i want to get a pair of 6950 2 gig in crossfire. since i dont have a trillion of dollars in investments and stocks i have to buy two of them in 2 months. if you dont have to have a super computer to compute that that one card a month. the question is if i buy one one month and then realize...
  29. A

    GTX460 SLI Overheating Solution?

    Hey everyone, I have recently installed 2 PNY GTX 460 OC Cards, and have been having alot of heat issues. I manually set the fan profiles in MSI Afterburner to compensate, but it gets really annoying as well as disrupting to my roommate when the top card's fan is constantly running at 70% to...
  30. B

    8800GT SLI or GTX 460

    Hey all, Im thinking about upgrading my Graphic card. Right now I'm running 8800GT 512 in SLI. I'm thinking about purchasing an GTX 460. My current setup is athlon X2 245 (2.9) 8GB DDR3 1066, Samsung 1T F3, 8800 GT SLI. I play FPS games and do some pot editing. Not sure what to upgrade. Any...
  31. C

    PC hangs on POST screen/memory testing

    When I turn on my PC it hangs on the POST screen where it does memory testing. I can't get into BIOS settings and I've tried to do a full system recovery but it also hangs on POST screen when I try to do that. I have also tried a different CPU, only one RAM module in different RAM slots...
  32. R

    2 x 5850 or 1 x 6870?

    Another graphics cards question. I know it seems obvious but what the thought on this? I have a 5850 at the moment but I will have the money after Christmas to get another card so I'm wondering whether I should swap my 5850 to a 6870 or to simply get another 5850 to go Crossfire? Any...
  33. G

    Setting Up Mutiple Moniters

    Ok here is my idea let me know if it is possible... if i build a server with: 5) 500mb - 1tb w/ 7200rpm - 10000rpm HardDrives 2) Xeon E5506 Nehalem (OCd 2.5ghz) each 1) Quadro NVS 420 GPU (PCI-E x16) (GPU supports 4 Interfaces) 2) ((3 x 4GB Ram) 12 GB) DDR3-1333 (PCI 10600) 5) Moniters and 4...
  34. R

    SLI; same card, different VRAM?

    Can you SLI an 896MB GTX 275 Superclocked (648 MHz Stock) with a 1792MB GTX 275 (633 MHz Stock), both from EVGA?
  35. G

    how do I reinstall the Microsoft fax driver in Win XP?

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?) My MS fax got uninstalled, and I need to reinstall the fax driver. How can I do this? I can't find where the driver is in order to install it like a printer.
  36. Misko195

    MSI R5770 Hawk or XFX HD5770

    Which craphic card is better: MSI R5770 Hawk or XFX HD5770?
  37. P

    Computer won't boot after cpu upgrade

    Hello there, I have recently joined these forms. So, basically I have a problem. These are my specs before AMD athlon 64 3800+ Nvidia Geforce 220 gt 5 gb ram sticks One day, I decided I would get a new processor. After doing some research, I found an AMD Phenom X4 9750 Quad Core Processor I...
  38. P

    Onboard video port should be used or graphic card video port

    Hello, onboard video port should be used or graphic card video port i have asus motherboard ana ati 5770 graphic card
  39. R

    GTX260 SLi problem after plugged in 2nd monitor

    Hi guys. I have 2 gtx 260 in SLI and the problem is everytime I turn on my PC the 2nd cards fan is running at full speed until the boot screen shows on.Then only 1 card returns to normal speed and device manager in Win7 (x64) doesn't show second card. I have this issue since I plug in second...
  40. T

    PCI Express 2.0x16 verus PCI Express x16

    Is there any difference in MB slots