Liteon

Page 3 - Forum discussion tagged with Liteon.
  1. G

    Accidentally deleted partition

    Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?) I have a Seagate 200GB external Firewire/USB hdd. I have it formatted FAT32, with one big partition. I was installing Windows XP Pro on my desktop and accidentally selected the Seagate drive instead of the desktop's internal...
  2. B

    Did intel dg31 pr mother board support core i5

    i am now using inlet DG31PR mother board and Intel Pentium D (2.8GHz) with 2 GB ram and xFx 9400 GT. but now i want to upgrade it by changing the processor. what processor i can use with this motherboard. is it core 2 duo or core 2 Quad or better.
  3. K

    Raid server (adaptec 1200a) corrupting files?

    Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?) I recently put together (with the help of a friend) a raid server w/ (4 new matched WD) 200g HD mirrored and striped which I use to store photo files. After being up and running for awhile, it crashed, apparently the result of...
  4. jimmysmitty

    AMD ''Interlagos'' Bulldozer Benchmarks Leaked

    http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Bulldozer-Interlagos-Phoronix-Test-Suite-Benchmark-16-core,12445.html Interesting but I will lay some up front stuff to avoid stupid flaming and /or fighting: 1. This is 32 BD cores compared to 4 SB and 6 Nehalem cores. So its not ANY indication as to how well...
  5. D

    Formatting Raid 1 Array stops, won't continue

    Hi everyone. I've installed Windows XP on a SATA RAPTOR 36Gb drive. I have a RAID controller (Adaptec ATA RAID 1200A) with two WD 160GB HDD's setup in a RAID 1 array. When I open my computer I don't see another drive (such as d: etc.) which should be expected as I have not formatted them. When I...
  6. G

    Unknown expressions in Front Page

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) When reading and learning Front Page's helpprogram I've encountered some words I don't understand. Would anyone be so kind and explain the meaning of the following words. 1)SERVERBASED WEBPLACE 2)SERVERADDITION FOR FRONT...
  7. B

    Core i5 460m never upping clock speed

    Hey all, I recently purchased a new ASUS laptop with an i5 460m in it. Thus far I have never ever seen it clock itself to the rated 2.53GHz (not to mention turbo boost). It has always hovered at around 1200MHz. I watched the clock speed using CPUZ and even running 4 threads of Prime95 did not...
  8. S

    1000$ MIDRANGE gaming BUILD check

    Hi this is my first build (which I have redesigned like 10 times). I just need a confirmation of whether this would work or not and if it doesn't what should I replace. This is a NON OC, but I wouldn't mind potentially CFn the 6850's in the near future, should I opt for a better PSU? MOBO...
  9. B

    Phone has sounds like a fax running for incoming calls

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?) I can phone out with no problems but when my PC(XP) is on but not on line I find that incoming calls have this sound like a fax machine intermittently and it stops after about a minute. Very disconcerting to the caller and I...
  10. I

    Fxf ati 4650 xp driver

    Hello, sen
  11. M

    When cpu gives beep then what is the problem with cpu?

    Hello,my cpu gives beep and does not start,plz give my answer?
  12. C

    Help on upgrading for FSX!

    Hello, My name is Clay and I am really looking to improve my performance of FSX on my PC. My PC specs at the moment are: Motherboard: Foxxconn G4MI-S Ram: 4.00 GB DDR2 Double Sided Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 @ 2.66 GHz PSU: BFG 450w PSU Case...
  13. P

    A-Open Brand problems?

    I was just wondering if anyone has ever had any problems with thier CD drives, i have found that they work great for about m0onth but thn start going slower and slower, i heard they have a problem with alignment? (whatever that means) <b>What was that!</b> :eek:
  14. I

    Let's talk 'backup' - honestly!

    What do you backup (OS, programs, data, etc.)? How often do you backup (attended or unattended)? What do you use (B/U device and B/U software) and why?
  15. VulcanSoulPatch

    "Click, whirrrr" = "Aw, crap!" + "HELP!"

    Last night I went to use my computer, and when it got to the Windows start logo, I hear this nifty little "Click, whirrrrr . . . Click, whirrrrrr . . . ", etc. The HDD light stayed on while this was going on. First thought in my head? "Aw, <b>CRAP</b>!!!" My life ('s work) was flashing...
  16. G

    How can I slow HDs down? *PLEASE HELP!*

    This is rather simple question, but the answer might not prove to be as simple. My girlfriend has a computer, which I built. It is almost a couple of years old and contains a now old Maxtor 7200 RPM 12 gigs HD. The problem is that this was a long time ago (for the PC industry, anyway) when...
  17. I

    Use all of PSU molex connecter for case fan,wll it damage my psu?

    hi, I have silverstone st50-ef and this psu only have 3 molex connecter, if I use all off the molex connecter will it be any damage to the psu?
  18. A

    PCI Modem compatibility?

    Hi, my current motherboard is http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130639 and I just recently found a PCI modem from an older build of my friend's, Conexant RD01-D850. I was wondering if these are compatible because I am completely dumb when it comes to PCI slots because I...
  19. V

    Computer starting slow after adding in an nvidia GT 210.

    Hey guys I got a GT 210 video card that I am using with my old computer. The problem is that after I've put in that card, the computer starts really slow as on the start screen (the one were it detects memory and shows CPU and storage info) instead of just showing the whole screen for like 2-3...
  20. R

    Gtx 670 vs Gtx 680 for strict gaming!

    Idk if im at the right forum(im new) but my Question is, should i get the MSI GTX 670 or should i get the MSI GTX 680.Im a pretty heavy pc gamer. Soo, Money is not a problem.
  21. S

    Upgrading Help

    My current spec: E6400 oced to 3.2 Asus P5N-E SLI 2x2 gb OCZ pc 6400 4-4-4-12 1T geforce 260 216 As idiotic as this sounds, I want to upgrade to a quad core to play GTA4. It runs a bit choppy on mine right now.. I think i am getting 25-30fps. I am aware that my motherboard isn't compatible...
  22. kylo

    I5-750 or I7-860??

    K i just need some info or links to good websites comparing the I5-750 to the I7-860. The I5 is $200 and the I7 is $290. The motherboard i got is the MSI P55-GD65. I know it supports both those processors. Pretty much all i am trying to figure out is how much faster the I7 is? 15% - 25% - 40%
  23. ilumunus

    Which GPU To Buy?

    I have a pretty much monster of a machine here are my specs: Intel Core i7-3770k Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 Ram 1TB WD HDD 256GB OS/Few Games SSD - Crucial M4 650 Watt Corsair PSU NZXT Phantom Case No GPU yet.. only intel hd graphics 4000.. Which should I buy? I...
  24. G

    Error installing SP2 on XP Professional

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?) My install fails with the following message. "Service Pack 2 Setup could not backup registry value HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControSet\Services\Eventlog\Security\Security,\'EvemtMessagefile\'. 5:Access is denied." My options are...
  25. G

    video capture card? do i have one?

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) hi..im new to this converting video to dvd..im trying to find out if my pc is equipped with a capture card or anything else i need to transfer video to dvd..my pc is a MEDION 3200+, i cant seem to figure out if its...
  26. robzilla06

    Can my board use this baby?

    Hello all, this is big Robzilla06 back in the forums with some questions for all you super-knowledgable techies. I have the M3n78-EM Mobo. I was going to get the Phenom 2 940 Black Edition CPU. However, I was looking on Newegg, and found that I can get the Phenom 2 955 Black Edition for only...
  27. M

    GA-MA770T-UD3P Not POSTing

    Hello, I just got a GA-MA770T-UD3P mobo and an AMD Athlon II X3 435 processor. After putting my system together I powered on, all fans spin but the screen stays black and I hear three long beeps a short pause and then it repeats the beeps. I assume this is actually the 'continuous long beep'...
  28. G

    audio

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) my audio got deleted from my control panel. how can i download and reinstall. (win xp home)
  29. H

    Asus P5K SE Motherboard Compatability with - HIS 6970 Fan 2GB GDDR5 PC

    Hey Team, i have an Asus P5K SE Motherboard and am in need of a new graphics card. I have read around and have seen that people have advised the HIS 6970 Fan 2GB GDDR5 PCI-E 2xDVI/HDMI/2xMini DP graphics card. Can you please advise whether this will be compatible with my motherboard as it is a...
  30. B

    Google Mail

    Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?) Just a short note, a very kind person has sent the required invite for Gmail. I thank him/her and anyone else that was going to send one to me. -- boB, SAG 70 U.S. Army Aviation (retired) Central Texas - 5NM West of Gray...
  31. A

    Frame Rate

    [No message]
  32. G

    XP network setup nightmare

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?) I have a new Win XP machine, replacing an older one, trying to use the same IP address. I can get it connected to the internet by using Assign IP Address Automatically. It then can't find the printer which is on another PC on...
  33. S

    New gaming rig. Core i7 or Core 2 Quad?

    OK, here's the deal, I'm upgrading my rig after years of being stuck with an old Athlon XP and a 6800GT and I want good gaming performance for a change. Don't do anything else much that is processor demanding like video conversion or whatever. I should mention that I'm a pensioner and money is...
  34. N

    Sapphire readeon

    will a sapphire readeon fits an function in an aspire x1300
  35. D

    How to get surround view to work on a 660ti

    I went into the nvidia control panel and the surround view is greyed out. What do I need to get to work? Do I need better monitors I'm running a dual monitor setup. I have 2 dual 17 inch regular 1200 x 1024 lcd monitors one dell and one acer connected vga to dvi adapter and the other...
  36. L

    7950 mail in rebate

    I just got a 7950 from newegg. I have never attempted at a rebate before. How do I send in for a rebate on newegg.com?
  37. C

    Question about new graphics card!

    Hi! i', looking to pick up a new graphics card. I am currently running http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130718 and the one i have been looking at is the http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130718 would this be a good card to go with or not? I...
  38. T

    Q9550 core temp hang

    Hey everyone I have a quick question. I have a Q9550 with a zalman 9700 heatsink and 1 core seems to hang at 47 degrees and never EVER drop from that temp here are the benchies. any insight would be greatly appreciated. i have a rampage formula MB, 4 gb RAM, 750w psu
  39. S

    Asus M4A785T-M and PCI-E graphics card problem

    Hello :) I dont know if this is the right part of the forum to ask, but I will try anyway. I have a HTPC with the Asus M4A785T-M motherboard...connected to my samsung 63" plasma tv... and now I just bought a Radeon 7750 Graphics card. Well, here is my problem I use a HDMI cable from the...
  40. I

    Lost Signal and restart

    IVe been having issues with my monitor losing signal followed by a computer restart. Specs: CPU: intel i3 2120 PSU: APEX AL-D500EXP 500W ATX12V V-Card: xfx radeon hd 4670 windows7 64-bit Basically what happens is i'll be enjoying an mmo and without warning the monitor will say it has lost...