Matrox

Page 2 - Forum discussion tagged with Matrox.
  1. G

    Low performence in 9800gt

    i have ge force 9800 gt but it give very low performence in all games in street fighter 4 it have to give me 88 to 80 fps but it give me 60 to 65fps
  2. M

    Legacy AGP Cards - Radeon x1650 GT vs Geforce 7800 GS

    Hey everyone! I'm building a computer for my roommate using a bunch of my older computer parts that I have laying around in boxes. He is not really a gamer at all and just needs a computer to browse the net, watch Netflix, burn CDs/DVDs, etc. However, I may try to encourage him to play some...
  3. G

    Search function from Windows Start Menu

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) The search results window does not open when the Search function on the Start menu is selected. Search, otherwise, seems to work fine, both within IE and other Explorer windows like My Documents. Uninstalling and...
  4. T

    ATI Radeon HD 5670

    my graphics card is ati radon 5670, but my power supply is 350w, can it performed 100% ?
  5. K

    I'm just so excited

    Just ordered my upgrades! :P Antec Nine Hundred(http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129021) 6950(http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150518) 6GB(http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820220503) going from a 4850/4GB of...
  6. B

    Under performance with 6850?

    Hello, Ive had 2 random ocassions where it seems i am under performing on some games. one time i booted up Crysis on my rig, and at an area where i would usually get 30fps avg is was getting around 19fps avg. Also on another occasion in the heaven benchmark i was getting 10fps average! when i...
  7. PlanetaryPenguin321

    Will I be able to run 2013 games?

    My question is simple, do you think my system will be able to run MOST upcoming 2013 games at medium - high detail @ 30FPS? Specs: CPU - AMD Phenom 9600 X4 @ 2.3Ghz GPU - EVGA GTX 650 Ti SSC 2GB RAM - 8GB DDR2 Resolution - 1920x1080p
  8. C

    My laptop is broken. Headphone jack + Long Metal Rod = Not starting

    My laptop is broken. Headphone jack + Long Metal Rod = Not starting anymore. I am not looking to find out exactly what it is that was broken inside of the laptop, though that would be nice, I am simply looking for an answer as to whether or not this would be an expensive fix or a cheap fix at...
  9. M

    Right voltage for ram

    Hi guys, Im running 2x2 gigs of Trancend aXe DDR2 1066 ram. Now my problem is that it is underclocked as my Mobo ( MSI P7N sli platinum ) only supports up to DDR2 800. So its running at that i guess. I need to know what voltage i should use as it was on 1.90 volts but i kept experiencing...
  10. V

    Video card problem (FX 5200)

    Hello! I have a very nasty problem with my video card... I have actually a WinFast A340 T video card (AGP 8x, 128MB) that has the Nvidia FX5200 chipset, but it worked only with the drivers from WinFast, not from Nvidia. I had the video card installed properly under Windows 7 on a Gigabyte...
  11. C

    Horizontal flickering

    hello i just bought a new xfx5870 and i was messing around with it and i noticed while playing a game that i had these flickering lines all through my monitor temps are at 60c while playing but only for maybe 15mins didnt go past that after i noticed the lines. I have a gigabyte880ga...
  12. M

    New graphics card

    I need to buy new graphica card for my pc, Below is my system infomation I use my pc at least 15 hours everyday, need a good cooling fan, sometimes I don't turn it off for many days I dont play games, I have applications running and have 20-30 IE windows open all day, may need to have a good...
  13. dndhatcher

    5770 Single Slot

    XFX now has a 5770 that only takes a single slot. Just an FYI. http://xfxforce.com/en-us/products/graphiccards/HD%205000series/5771.aspx
  14. expert92

    5970 AND 3DMark Vantage

    IN 3DMark Vantage ALL TESTS WERE PASSED BUT IN PERLIN NOISE THAT TEST STRESSES THERE IS MANY RED AND GREEN LINES SO WHAT THE PROBLEM WHITH IT IS MY CARD OK WHITH MY OLD N9800GTX CARD NO LINES SO PLEASE HELP !!
  15. V

    My pc crashes when I insert graphics card.

    As the title suggest, when I put a graphic card on the pcie x16 slot the resolution changes but it doesn't recognize the card. After the driver gets installed (automatically by windows update) the computer gives me a BSOD. It all started around 2-3 years ago when I bought a nvidia 9400gt. I...
  16. chedderslam1976

    No sound over hdmi to tv - 5770

    I've just connected my plasma to my computer via hdmi. I am not getting any sound. http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/8773/soundk.jpg I would assume it is the one on the bottom, but testing does not generate any output. Please help.
  17. G

    Neverending Problems

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?) Well i got the application to save, finally. Now it won't show up when i want to import it into another program so i can export it to an SVHS Movie Camera. I think i need to change it into a MPEG file/ So i downloaded...
  18. A

    Best intel cpu for 1gb hd 5830..

    What the best intel cpu for hd 5830..except intel core i7..
  19. M

    Help!! Bill Gates out there !!

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) I’m really frustrated by Bigbrother OS Winxp. I got a dialup connection running smoothly in WinMe step brother of XP...256mb RAM and a P4 with a well eastablished ISP and firewall(zonealarm). Now my problems have just begun...
  20. G

    can't sign into messenger....

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?) Hi there, I went online 2 nights ago and a box popped up on my screen even before I signed into MSN saying I had to update my messenger before I could move on, so I clicked ok. I downloaded the newest version of...
  21. A

    Do I have a better choice for graphics Card Mac Pro 1st Generation ?

    These are my specs whats my best option ? Hardware Overview: Model Name: Mac Pro Model Identifier: MacPro2,1 Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Xeon Processor Speed: 3 GHz Number Of Processors: 2 Total Number Of Cores: 8 L2 Cache (per processor): 8 MB Memory: 8 GB Bus Speed...
  22. T

    Power Color 5770 PCS+

    http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/powercolor_pcs_5770/ i ordered this powercolor card, its on its way. a few questions i like to know is, what kind of thermal paste is used? would using artic silver 5 be better? i know some of their cards used good thermal paste. would changing the...
  23. T

    Music/ Video editing Build Around $1000

    Hi, this is my first build and i don't really know alot about computers. I've been researching alot but it's been hard since my computer wont work at all anymore. I know this sounds dumb but i was hoping someone could put together a list of decent parts for my build for around $1000. I want to...
  24. G

    No output

    Hello, my p.c. kept crashing. i took out the graphics card (nvidia) and now there is no output from my p.c. at all even after i put the graphics card back in. what could be wrong with it?
  25. S

    kingston ram

    i need some ram for my system. will this ram http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?rb=0&product_uid=91124&action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X3Jldmlld3M=&filter_display=reviews&filter_order=rating_desc&filter_category=&filter_string=&offset=10 or do i go for corsair ram...
  26. N

    Upgrading my card..

    Hi there I'm thinking about upgrading my card to something like a 5850 or 5870. And I just have a couple questions 1) right now I've got a 450W PSU, do I need an upgrade for those cards or am i fine? 2) I dont know how to word this without sounding stupid but should I go with a GTX 480...
  27. KirkR

    Notha SLI question

    i've never done SLI, so i have no idea which port to use on which card, when i get this second card, i'll have 4 DVI ports. so, just for future reference, if someone knows.
  28. cavalierz2

    Programs On SSD

    Ok i recently spent 700 bucks on new build, and bought a 120gb SSD and reused my old 320gb for storage and SSD for windows. I only have a few things installed on my SSD and only one game so far, and i am running out of space fast. I know that games should be on the SSD, but what other things...
  29. Z

    Windows 8 doesn't find my new HDD

    Hello, two days ago I got a new computer with an 128 GB SSD. The motherboard is ASUS P8Z77-V LX. I tried to put my old 500gb HDD in aswell (after using dban to empty it). I can find it in BIOS, but not in Windows. Not in Disk Management or Device Manager > Disk Drivers. Why could this be? I've...
  30. R

    Is my q6600 bottlenecking my 2 9800 gtx in SLI or is my SLI not set ??

    I've been going over and over this for a couple days now and I can't figure it out. Here's my issue. I've got 2 9800 gtx in SLI and can't seem to yeild any performance benifits out of them. In 3dmark06 my score in 12000 with 1 or both 2 running. Seems too low for one card to be honest. In...
  31. G

    Open File Security Warning

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?) Every time I power up my Laptop, a box appears as above referring to a Chat.exe file from an Unknown Publisher. I don't want to Chat and I don't want to have this box displayed at all. How can I eliminate, please?
  32. D

    Screen Display Xtremely Odd Problem [Need Help Badly!!!] :(

    hey guys, today just bought a new LCD screen. havin some problem with the display. ok. im using 2 PC connect to 1 LCD screen. using KVM switcher to switch between them... problem is that this LCD display having some issue. Im using 24" viewsonic LCD with 1920x1080 res... i can see some kind of...
  33. JeanLuc

    PCIe 2.0 x16 might bottleneck a 5870X2

    PCIe 2.0 x16 Total bandwidth 8Gb's Radeon HD3870 - Transfer rate 2.2Gb's Radeon HD4870 - Transfer rate 3.6Gb's Radeon HD4870X2 - Transfer rate 7.2 Gb's Radeon HD5870X2 - Transfer Rate X.X Gb's I think its safe to assume the the 5000 line will offer more performance then the 4000 line which in...
  34. quicksilver_

    Should i get The gtx 275?

    Specs: 680i Lt MoBo 8Gb Ram (DDR2) Gts 250 750W Power Supply Haf 932 Case E8200 Oc'ed to 3.6Ghz (100% Stable) i used to have dual gt250s in an sli, but one broke. i have one now. sli isint all that, it takes up space, and makes intense heat. should i buy another gts 250 and go sli again? or...
  35. F

    4890 vs 4770, worth the $120 extra?

    Building a cheap PC myself, not sure which card to get, 4890 sounds sweet, but does it really offer that much more performance than 4770 for the extra money? I haven't seen any benchmark where 4770 against 4890. For example if I want to run COD5 or Crysis, is 4770 good enough?
  36. R

    Any Bottlenecking in my system?

    My Pc Specs: Main Board: Intel DG33FB CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 Yorkfield 2.66GHz or Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66Ghz (Which is better?) Power Supply: Maximum Power 610 Watt ATX 12V Power Supply (+3.3V@24A; +5V@32A; +12V1@21A; +12V2@22A; -12V@0.6A; +5VSB@2A) Video Card: GTX 260 Core 216 EVGA...
  37. V

    9800gt power problem !

    when i powered my 9800gt with the 6 pin connector " which came directly from my PSU " it said "very low power ! - forceware has degraded its performance to a low level for optimized run " so , 1. i shutdown my system 2. removed the 6 pin connector 3. used the "2 molex to 6 pin...
  38. J

    High definition audio device driver microsoft

    Hello, i upgrated to windows 7 professional and now it ststes no audio output device is installed. I don't know much about computers..please help.
  39. vxd_z

    Asrock motherboard driver for windows 7

    Hello, Drivers for windows 7 motherboard ASROCK 775i65GV....Thanks in advance
  40. M

    Video driver compatibility

    I have a question about compatibility of video cards. Currently I have 4 monitors running on 2 video cards: PNY Ge Force 9800 GTX and EVGA GeForce 9800 GX2. (Mobo has only 2 pcie x16 slots) I'm wanting to add 2 more monitors and have been looking to replace 1 card with a new one that has 4 dvi...