Matrox

Page 5 - Forum discussion tagged with Matrox.
  1. B

    geforce TI4200 128mb vivo on celeron?

    what is your thoughts on upgrading a gf2 mx400 32mb, to ti4200 128mb vivo to play gta3, RTCW, and hopefully new doom III on a celeron 1.1gig 128cache proc? will the 3dmarks increase from my lowly 2500 to at least 8000? thanks for reply
  2. T

    GF 3 ti 200 crashes whilst playing RTCW

    I just got my new card. A Sparkle GeForce 3 Ti 200 128Mb DDR + TV-out AGP. It keeps on crashing whilst im playing wolfie. Just frezies during the game, cant ctrl atl and del out of it either. I have set my desktop colour to 16bit, the game colour to 16 bit, limited my fps to 130, installed...
  3. G

    GeForce2 MX 400

    I have a geforce 2MX 400 from Gigabyte and I'm trying to install it on a M6TBA ver 1.3 motherboard from Biostar. Award Bios Version 4.51. The manual for the board says only "AGP" and not "2x" or "4x". Their website doesn't list anything but "AGP", even on their brand new motherboards, and...
  4. G

    GeForce2 Ti vrs GeForce4 MX 440

    I have a GeForce2 Ti (64MB DDR) at present and have the option of getting a GeForce4 440 MX (64MB) Both cards ar made by Leaktek. I was basicaly wondering if I would notic big improvement in quality /speed with the new card. Thanks
  5. W

    What did I do WRONG???

    This will be a long post, and also several people have tried helping me with this here at Toms recently but nothing has worked. Here goes AGAIN!! Trying to load up a GeForce 2MX 200 card. Followed the booklets directions and this system keeps booting into safe mode. 14 TIMES it has booted...
  6. G

    Windows2000 and ATI Fury MAXX

    I have an ATI Fury MAXX installed on my PIII 800. Since I want to upgrade my OS and I have had huge troubles with winME, I want to upgrade to win2000. Now my problem is that there are no drivers for my videocard. ATI hasn't been able to supply them and since this is a rather old card they...
  7. BruceMyers48

    voodoo

    Can any one suggest a desent voodoo card for gaming at a desent price to work with a MSI K7T266 pro2 mobo. Thanks Bruce
  8. S

    My Tungsten E2 battery is not holding a charge

    Hello, I've tried plugging my Tungsten E2 charger into the wall socket. After 12 hours, no increase in battery charge. what can I do?
  9. T

    Do you prefer the 2560x1600 or 2560x1440 spec?

    I was just curious about the preferences here. 2560x1600: 30" monitor 16:10 ratio 100.63 PPI 2560x1440: 27" monitor 16:9 ratio 108.79 PPI I personally own a 27" 2560x1440 monitor. I like the finer dot pitch and the fact that I get almost the same resolution in a smaller package. I lose 160...
  10. NewbieTechGodII

    Resolve your Multi-Monitor Issues with Win8 CP

    OK, see if this has happened to you: You're rocking a multi-monitor system and you go to install Win8 CP. The initial setup process goes nice and smooth and you're already drooling. The system tells you that it has to reboot to finish and does so. BUT...instead of opening up to the initial...
  11. P

    usb port shorting

    I tried to get the voltage on the usb ports of my laptop and I shorted the 5v dc pin to ground with my meter lead. at this time my notebook shut down quickly and I've never been able to start it up again. is my motherboard fried? thank you for helping me.
  12. B

    Heavy gamer, 120hz or IPS monitor?

    Hey guys, I need advice. I use my PC mostly for gaming and have a GTX 670 video card in my build, which will run most games above 60 fps. After much research I still can't decide between a 120hz TN monitor or an IPS monitor. I really like the IPS's better color and wider viewing angles, though...
  13. D

    Hot To Build Windows To Go

    Hi guys, I already installed WINDOWS8 and so far so good , all the basic application can run just nice without any error or lagging, but i turn off the metro interface , I read an article about creating a bootable windows to go using windows 8, the problem in which section do i need to search as...
  14. G

    Dell or Toshiba

    Which company has better tech support for notebooks? Dell or Toshiba?
  15. R

    Please Recommand a Network card

    I am thinking to buy 2 NICs. One for my computer and another one for computer(s) that I am going to repair when it come to my house. I read the article from Tomshardware.com that he recommanded the 3com (3C905C-TX). I am just wondering what other NICs out there are good, and give me the best...
  16. R

    Is there a diffirence between 7900gx2 and 7950gx2?

    Hi, I know that the 7900GX2 was made for quad SLI, and then updated for consumers and renamed 7950GX2. But is there any performance difference between them? and if there is, why, considering that they have the same clockspeed?, does the 7900gx2 run hotter than the 7950GX2 due to the fan...
  17. J

    Pinnacle DVD 500 and MCE 2005

    Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?) I'm building a MCE 2005 system, Will my Pinnacle DVD500 card work as well under this Environment as it has under win xp Pro? TIA, Jeff