Matrox

Page 3 - Forum discussion tagged with Matrox.
  1. D

    ATi x1300 mobile driver

    Hey my friend sold me his old laptop and i have recently formatted it with his vista dvd he gave me. The problem is when i go to ati.com for the drivers it cant detect my video card. The only way to get it to work is installing the drivers that came with the cd. I know There is an nvidia site...
  2. J

    Directx 9 shader model 2 0 download

    Hello, how do i increase the shaders
  3. G

    Cannot read disks but drive is working properly help plz

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) device manger says that the driver is working properlyt but the location seems to be missing, could this be the cause? Not that great with computers any help woul be much appreciated chris... -- chrisgaughan153
  4. H

    Problems playing games. Begging for Help.

    Hello everyone. I'm having an issue with World of Warcraft. I have a Q6600 at 2.4ghz, 4GB of DDR2 1066Mhz Corsair Dominator RAM, an ATi radoen 4850, 700Gb of HD, an Asus P5Q motherboard and a 600w processor. This is an ample rig for playing WoW, YET, i get a problem with my FPS quite often...
  5. G

    Would this run Oblivion?

    Hi, im thinking about buying this computer, and I was wondering how well it would be able to run Oblivion. Here are the specs Processor & Memory: Intel® Core 2 Quad Processor Q8300 (2.5GHz) 4MB L2 cache 1333MHz Front Side Bus 8GB DDR2 SDRAM memory (4x2048MB) Drives: 750GB (7,200RPM) SATA 3Gb/s...
  6. S

    Z-5500s.....what soundcard help please!!!

    I ordered the z-5500s for $150 from clubit...seams like a great deal. my question is which soundcard would be the best for me. I plan on using digital coax and have fiber optic to my xbox 360. I dont want to spend over 140 dollars. any suggestions would be great!
  7. S

    Catalyst A.I Problems with Crossfire

    I have two HD4870s in Crossfire, and I seem to be having problems with Catalyst A.I on both 8.6 & 8.7 drivers. Now it tells me to keep AI settings in standard not advancded when using Crossfire, so of course I do that. But when I have it in standard all my games have texture problems, it just...
  8. P

    Dual card mode options

    I have an Radeon HD 4350 in my PC. It's a dual port card so I hooked up my projector and LCD monitor. The driver for the card has three options, clone, extend and span. I choose clone because I want the FULL desktop on both the projector and monitor. The problem is that the two device have...
  9. M

    8800 gts, computer shuts off

    I just got an 8800 gts EVGA and when I play Warhammer Online at high settings my PC shuts down. Am I expecting too much from this GPU or could it be something else? AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4400+ 2.31 ghz 4 gig corsair ram 550W Power Supply 22 inch monitor
  10. radnor

    Corsair VX550W PSU - Crossfire Capable

    Hello all sorry if i ever trolled you. Im mounting a Crossfire capable machine, piece by piece bit by bit. Money isn't on the strong side. Im not doing the crossfire now, ill wait a bit for the prive of the 4850/4870 lowers a bit and the coolers that come with it improves. So it goes a bit like...
  11. mf2385

    9800GX2 vs GTX 260 FTW Edition!?!?

    These cards are priced pretty closely together, not considering price, performance, temperature, PSU, which one would be the best one to get, the 260 FTW Edition is about 370 and you can get a GX2 for like 400 now. Thanks
  12. D

    4870 questions

    Hi, guys! I've decided to buy a single HD4870 card and i have several important question to me. Firstly, i have GA-p35-ds3 rev 1.0 (F4 bios). Will i have any compatibility issues running this card on that MB? I just want to make sure the card will work just fine. Secondly, i have Cooler Master...
  13. J

    underperforming computer help

    I just got a 4850 and upgraded from a 8600gts. Although it does great in source games its still not doing very well in cod4 multiplayer. Back when I built my computer i borrowed a friends 8800gt and it was the same story. His computer was identical to mine except the 8800gt and a e8400 instead...
  14. S

    8800GT - is a 60MHz difference worth $15?

    I'm picking up an 8800GT... the only question is which brand? I am not in good health and consequently don't want to get into the risk of overclocking. Here's what I found: ■EVGA card (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130318) ■MSI card...
  15. M

    VPN questions: privacy/torrenting

    I've been reading a little about VPN lately and I have some questions. I can't seem to wrap my head around how a VPN is beneficial in privacy. I realize it encrypts data being sent of the internet, but how does it protect you from someone you are downloading from. Let's say I'm downloading...
  16. K

    HDMI Cable?

    Hey, my PC monitor dose not have an HDMI cable but on all the build videos I watch they say plug HDMI cabe into the GPU, is this normal?
  17. G

    removing obsolete drivers

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) how do i go about removing drivers that are obsolete. I already removed the program but the drivers are still there causing instablity in my computer
  18. Steqheu

    Throttling Specific Computers' Access to My Home Router

    Hi there, I have a Linksys WRT54GS router that I have installed dd-wrt on. My household is overloaded with wireless devices, and living in a home of 6, speeds for everyone seem to slow down drastically later at night when everyone is simultaneously connected and streaming media -- whether it...
  19. G

    What's The Best BS Story A Seller Has Laid On You???

    Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?) I've seen a few of these intertwined with other threads. Just thought I'd put up a post so that we could read them in one place. I KNOW there are some humorous ones out there.
  20. R

    PNY 8600gts PSU good enough?

    I just built a new build Friday here's specs.. ABIT IP35-E motherboard bios V15 (new) core 2 quad Q6600 processor (new) Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C4 (new) PNY VCG86GTSXPB GeForce 8600GTS 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 (new) Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 1600 windows XP pro service pack 2 SoundBlaster...
  21. ryanthesav

    Can I get (and use) DirectX 10 without Vista??

    Can I get (and use) DirectX 10 without Vista??
  22. M

    8800GTX

    will my computer handle it? cpu-z specs power supply specs Model no. ATX-300TAF A/C INPUT: 220-240V~,3.5A,50Hz DC OUTPUT: 300W (+3.3V & +5V = 120W Max) thank you and will be hearing from you shortly
  23. zman4700

    2900 xt power for overclock

    I just finished building my computer with a 2900xt in it. My friend pointed out that it is not running to its full potential because I did not have enough power going to it. I basically need two eight pin connectors to over clock it. Today I bought a new power supply...
  24. M

    help please!need advice...

    Hi all I have an ATI Radeon 9600pro 256MB 128bitDDR AGP gfc. GPU Clock 398 MHz (original: 398 MHz) RAMDAC Clock 400 MHz Field Value Real Clock 196 MHz (DDR) (original: 200 MHz) Effective Clock 392 MHz Bandwidth 6272 MB/s As i understand it it runs at 400 core and 200 memory System specs...
  25. F

    ntune wont let me change gpu fan speed

    I installed ntune for my evga 8800gts 320mb superclocked card. when i go into the gpu settings it wont let me change the fan speed. Anyone have any ideas? floyd
  26. spanner_razor

    Cable Type

    I've just ordered this card and I need a cable to attach it to my room's ariel point http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/pages/products/data_novat500.html the port is a female one (i.e. it has a hole) so this cable should work right...
  27. S

    R600 prices posted (maybe)

    Hey guys - there are so many plugged in people here, I never get the chance to be the guys to break the scoop. Maybe that will change with this post. Here is a link to a site with some R600 prices. The R600 looks like a good deal. I'm sorry if this has been posted already but I went back...
  28. C

    Frustrated with this reinstall. opinions?advice?

    Hey guys, I'm having an issue with this reinstall. I just wanted a fresh install tired of clutter etc. It's a recent buil only 2-3 months old gigabyte 890fxaud5 phenom 965 corsair xms3 2x2gb. It all worked great. How ever, today after formatting with the windows install disc it refuses to go...
  29. S

    nv4_disp Errors Nothing Has Worked

    Alright I recieved my new computer on 1/16/07. The very first thing I did because I was all giddy with excitment is load up Call of Duty 2 and sit down to play. I instantly crashed w/ nv4_disp error. Since then its been pure hell trying to fix this problem. I have tried a host of fixes and...
  30. RafterManFMJ

    GeForce 6200 Random Crashes - any ideas?

    I just installed a Geforce 6200 PCI 128 MB 3D Fuzion....and its been random crashing for some time, like every 4-7 hours... Once it said my driver is not behaving properly, or some such thing... I've DLed the latest driver from Nvidia - what else can I do? This card is old old old, yet they...
  31. R

    Upgrade or not?

    I've studied these forums and am trying to decide whether or not it would be practical to upgrade my video card. My current setup is: P4 3.0HT 2GB ram (corsair XMS) ATI 9800 Pro. My question is whether or not I can get a major gaming boost from a new agp card. I don't want to build a new system...
  32. B

    ATI Radeon x1900xt performance issues

    Hi all I was wondering if anyone here has any suggestions as to why i am getting poor performance with my new x1900xt 512 mb please see the below screenshots in hitman blood money On the initial welcome screen , not really much happening 20fps ! Here are all the settings i have set in...
  33. anticupidon

    a direct question about 8800 series

    hi all i'm plannig to change my good ol'card 6600gt 128 to a better card so i want a good one and i'm consider as an option a 8800 card ...but i have a question for all you outhere it is really that important to have more and more fps in the games i ask this cuz i have seen a topic where they...
  34. S

    Asus equals ghosting? or more complicated?

    I bought a Asus N6200/TD/128 (Geforce 6200 128MB AGP 8x) to replace my old Celistica Radeon 9200SE After instalation I noticed ghosting around the cursor and window edges. I also notice a faint verticle line on the left of the screen, as well as diagonaly moveing lines in 3D games. I send it...
  35. S

    Will This Solve My Problems

    Whenever i play a game after a while my PC will freeze and the picture will stay on the screen and im forced to reboot. If i were to get a new video card would it solve my problems? the card i use now is a geforce 6200
  36. M

    Anti-aliasing is not removing some jaggies

    At 1200x1920 rez, I'm still getting jaggies with 4x and 6x anti-aliasing. The biggest culprits are F.E.A.R. and Doom 3, in areas that have clean, straight edges that are very thin. If I turn the texture resolution down, the jaggies become less apparent; at higher texture rez's, they're very...
  37. A

    How to enable the hidden pixel and vertex pipelines

    I want to know how to enable the extra/hidden pixel & vertex pipelines of my geforce 6800 card. Can anyone tell me how do I do that.
  38. P

    Another "What graphics card ?" Thread

    Okay well let's see, at the moment i have a P4 3Ghz, 2 * 1GB DDR2 and ... well a ghey onboard intel graphics chip. I'm looking for a new graphics card mainly to play fps games such as CS:S, DoD:S, Quake 4, BF2 , CoD2 etc etc... So in a graphics card, I am willing to overclock it and buy...
  39. only_me

    BFG Ageia PhysX Accelerator for sale

    For sale in the uk! http://www.overclockers.co.uk/cgi-bin/sh000001.pl?REFPAGE=http%3a%2f%2fwww%2eoverclockers%2eco%2euk%2facatalog%2fsearch%2ehtml&WD=bfg&PN=PhysX_Accelerators%2ehtml%23aGX_2d021_2dBG#aGX_2d021_2dBG not sure if this is news to anyone, but i didn't think you could get them yet!
  40. M

    ATi radeon X300 (64) vs Intel Graphic Accelerator 900

    I'm looking for a budget notebook and i keep stumbling acros these 2 cards. I know i wont be able to run Half Life 2..., but still which is better???