Matrox

Page 4 - Forum discussion tagged with Matrox.
  1. H

    Should I upgrade my Crossfired HD4850s?

    I currently have Crossfired 2 x ATI XFX HD4850 512MB GDDR3. I have wanted to get 2 HD5850s but they are out of my price range. So I was wondering whether I would be worth it to upgrade to maybe crossfired 2 x ATI XFX HD5770 1GB GDDR5? I like the DX11 on these plus i plan on playing games like...
  2. G

    All windows video looks gamma corrected

    Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?) Hi, until recently all my windows video has been fine, but now it all looks like its had high gamma correction on it to the point of white out nearly. It does this on all video, from avi's mpeg's to stuff captured from my DV camcorder, just...
  3. G

    Basic LCD Monitor question.

    Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video (More info?) Hey guys, I plan on making the step from my budget Wal-Mart KDS X-Flat 17" CRT to a semi highend 19" LCD-- and was toying with two displays I found on Newegg. Firstly, here are the links...
  4. G

    Asus V8420 Deluxe AGP voltage?

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?) Hi all, I am getting a bit confused with my Nvidia TI4200 card. When I look in Sisandra, it is described as a 2.0 AGP version. But I thought it was a 3.3 volts AGP card? I have seen on a site...
  5. W

    Detonator Drivers

    Please explain. Why would someone want this? I'm tryinh to optimize my card the best I can. ASUS A8V DELUXE PLEXTOR PX-716SA AMD 64 +3200 (4) 512MB XMS CORSAIR PC3200 400 MHZ BFG 6800 GEFORCE ULTRA OC (AGP) (2) 74GB RAPTORS (1) WD 120GB Tsunami Dream Case
  6. P

    Sad news about Omega's drivers:

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?) Omega has posted a long explanation why no new sets have been released by him in two months. Looks like he's calling it quits, and I for one am deeply saddened to lose his famous drivers. http://www.omegadrivers.net/ Ps. Make...
  7. G

    Do I have to use CV-150F for Canon XL1s?

    Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?) I have a Canon XL1s and when I connect it through firewire to my computer, the computer doesn't recognize it. I have a generic firewire cable. Do I have to have the Canon Firewire Cable CV-150F or should a generic one work? I'm just trying...
  8. G

    Manli GF4TI4200 heatsink and fan

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?) I have had this card for a while working just fine but the fan just died out. Does anyone know which replacement I can put on it, meaning heatsink and fan. Can't ask Manli as I can't even reach their web site. Than you
  9. K

    Dual Monitors at 1600x1200, what card do I need? 6800?

    Folks I just got a new monitor for Chirstmas. Its a Dell 2001 FPW, to go along with my Samsung 213T. I finally installed everything, and got it working correctly, but my video card appears to be just too slow. I currently have an ASUS GeForce 5200 FX. I'm running Red Hat Enterprise Linux. The...
  10. S

    Networking

    Okay my internet cable line comes into the house and is connected to the internet cable box. Can I unhook the cable to the internet cable box and use it to connect a router or a wifi unit or do I need both of these. I want to use my HDTV to receive internet live TV or is this possible and...
  11. S

    Video and Photo Editing questions

    Hi, I am building a computer, and I would appreciate some assistance in choosing the video card. My budget is not too high around $1000. Purpose: Email, Browsing, Photo and video editing. Premiere Pro, etc. NEVER GAMES. I will be buying the intel e6600, and probably Gigabyte DS3. But...
  12. G

    Radeon 7500 + Asus A7A266MB = no power?

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?) I have an AGP Radeon 7500 card with an Asus A7A266 MB. Recently, my the fan started making a lot of noise, so I replaced the heatsink & fan on the MB. When I turned the PC back on, the power supply would not come on ... all I...
  13. G

    UT2K4 Active Profile?

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?) I have a BFG GeForce 6800 GT (OC) and I play Unreal Tournament 2004. I noticed in the driver settings under the conttrol panel several games are listed - mine isn't. Is there a download to install UT2K4 profile? Thanks in...
  14. Rockrz

    Where's the best, high performance cases?

    Soon, I'm going to start gathering up all the components needed to build my own high performance box and I wanted to know who builds the best cases. Basically, I'm looking for recommendations from people who know more about this than myself. I'm collecting info, so please post web addresses so...
  15. J

    Ati Radeon 9600 Pro or Geforce 5700LE ?

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?) Ati Radeon 9600 Pro or Geforce 5700LE ? These are the two cards I am likely to buy, but which one would you buy? I need good quality TV out, DVI, and good performance overall... Oh and the quieter the better. So which card...
  16. G

    VHS-to-AVI question...

    Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?) Now that I have well pretty much resolved my video problems, I'd like the chance to ask something: Is there a TV and/or VCR program for the PC that will let me capture 29.97 or 23.97 (I believe that sounds right?) at a *constant* rate, not...
  17. bdaley

    VIA Drivers necessary w/ Win XP?

    I just built a system with an ASUS A7V8X (KT400)and a XP 2400. I'm using Win XP Pro, SP1. I didn't install any of the VIA drivers (4 in 1, AGP, USB 2.0) that were included on the ASUS software CD, and the system seems to be running great. This is my first experience with a VIA chipset in a...
  18. S

    Ati Driver Causes Failure in smoothing for LCD

    I need help. I AM GOING INSANE! Anyway, here is my problem. If I install any kind of ATI driver(catalyst 4.9 / earlier versions) or variations (Omega), smoothing on my monitor fails to work. What I mean is that if I change the resolution of my TFT to one that isn't its native resolution the...
  19. H

    Help to choose powercolor hd 5850 pcs+ or sapphire hd 5850 vapor-x 2-g

    heeey i wanna help to choose between these two cards powercolor hd 5850 pcs+ sapphire hd 5850 vapor-x 2-gb i don,t care about games included with power color i care about overclock potential , quality of componentes hope to help. thanks
  20. G

    Doom 3 UK ?

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?) Has anyone got this yet, where is the cheapest place to buy/order. TIA
  21. G

    Fire GL 4 cards

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?) Hi, does anyone have need for 2 Fire GL 4 cards, we have on auction on Ebay, thanks!
  22. C

    Never get Connect3d

    Never, ever get a Connect3D, if you have one, and its working fine, good for you. I built my computer a couple of weeks ago. Used all safety precautions, ex. static wrist band thing, worked on hard surface, etc., and my computer was working fine. After a while, my case had an excruciatingly...
  23. G

    ati tv-out

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?) I just got my new :) Dimenion 4600 series PC from Dell a few weeks ago and got most of the stuff set up the way I want it. Iupgraded to the 128MB DDR ATI Radeon PRO Graphics Card. It says it has "TV-Out". What does that mean? I can...
  24. G

    Shrink Win8 Partition - only half size

    Hello, I want to shrink my new Gateway 500 g laptop partition so I can put other os's on it. Win8 will only allow me to shrink it half size to about 250g. Already did a defrag. The desktop I built has 100g partitions for Win8 with no problem but I created them as I built it. That 100g partition...
  25. G

    doom patched cat 4.9 error

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?) I installed the cat4.9 over my omega4.7 and I lost all ability to adjust my cards opengl and direct3d settings, I did a system restore and got it all back again, so is this normal, is it worth it? is there a way to extract the...
  26. G

    Video clips of politicians? Where??

    Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?) I wovld like to make videos, like 30 second spots, of politicians doing the things they do. Is there any way to get video clips of politicians? Some mvst be in the pvblic domain, like a State of the Union speech, convention speeches, CSPAN...
  27. G

    Problem W/ Missing Timecode Using Final Cut Pro HD

    Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?) Hi, I'm a new user of Final Cut Pro HD, and I had a question for anyone familiar with that product, or just the type of video editing problem I'm experiencing. I'm editing about a dozen tapes of video footage, and on some of those tapes, for...
  28. G

    7-Digit Alphanumeric Display for Williams

    Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?) Still need (1) 7-Digit Alphanumeric display to finish repair on Williams System 11B. I would prefer a Babcock brand DI07702. Anyone have a spare laying or NOS please? Thanks!
  29. 8

    New generation cards & XPCs?

    Having recently bought a Shuttle PC I'm concerned whether the machine is actually as future proof as I had thought it would be. I've noticed all of the NV40 models have a hulking cooler attached to them, not to mention the need of 2 molex connectors and a need for a 400W or so PSU. I know it's...
  30. G

    3D Graphics Card

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?) I have a question for the group to ponder.... My computer does not have an AGP slot (long story of miscommunications), so I am confined to PCI graphics..... (....No, I am not up for a new MB at this time) I have been...
  31. TheGreatGrapeApe

    Omega Drivers (Cat 3.5 based); NO MORE FOR NV !!!

    Well the new <A HREF="http://www.omegacorner.com/" target="_new">Omega Drivers</A> (version 2.4.60 for 2K/XP and 2.6.09 for 98/ME) have arrived for those who have been waiting for them. They are the NEW ones based on the CAT 3.5s If you don't know what the Omega Drivers are then read the <A...
  32. N

    Stay Away from the PowerColor Radeon 9700np?

    Someone told me to stay away from the PowerColor Radeon 9700np card. Why is that? I want to buy this card because it is the least expensive.
  33. R

    Identifying ATI card

    I purchased an OEM ATI product and am trying to figure out if i got what i paid for. I tried the ATI inspector software but the device number that it tells me i have does not match with anything on ATI's website. I guess it boils down to 2 questions: 1. Windows detects it as a Radeon 9700 card...
  34. V

    ATI Radeon 9500 PRO or Geforce4 TI-4200?

    I am considering this two options (both are 128mb). They are in my price range. Based on Tom's benchmark (http://www6.tomshardware.com/graphic/20021218/vgacharts-04.html) the radeon looks very powerful.. Yet I never owned a Radeon and I am not sure about how good are they considered on the...
  35. R

    FX 5800 sound issues are not really an issue

    First off I can't believe out of all the techy dweebs and hardware geeks(meant in a nice way :) ) around here think sound would be an issue. Have you people not heard of <A HREF="http://www.dynamat.com/computer.htm" target="_new">Dynamat</A> before? Sound proof your case already... sheesh. I...
  36. W

    video card roundup

    Hey I was thinking of getting either a geforce4 ti4600 or a ati radeon 9500 pro. which is better? i noticed the radeon is better with AA, what does AA do, if it is so good what's the point of benchmarking without it and what is a good maker of the card (msi, tyan, etc.) thanx!
  37. B

    Is this a low 3D Mark score?

    For some reason i have a low 3d Mark score. On the default settings i am getting 7497 3d Marks. With the settings maxed out I am getting 5492 3d Marks. Are these low scores? Here are my comp specs, hopefully they provide some help. P4 2.4b Gigabyte 8IHXP2 512 MB Kingston PC-1066 GV-9700 PRO...
  38. T

    Winfast TV2000 XP or ATI???

    i need to purchase 30 motherboards for the language lab at a school i work at. currently, the workstations communicate with each other using ati vid cards and diamond tv software. is there a compatible program for geforce? Winfast TV2000 XP?? i was thinking about buying the Asus A7N266-VM...
  39. phial

    in light of todays threads =_-

    <A HREF="http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=33694379&highlight=9200+256MB" target="_new">thread </A> sadly, i do believe its true ------- <A HREF="http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/you.html" target="_new"> I highly recommend you DONT click my signature. Dont say I didnt...
  40. B

    Wandwidth???

    Sorry Bandwidth I meant! not Wand I always forgot how to work out the bandwidth Is it like this: Mhz X Bits = MB/s? Please someone correct me if this is wrong. Thanks <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by bighead111 on 05/15/02 09:58 AM.</EM></FONT></P>