Movie Maker

Page 3 - Forum discussion tagged with Movie Maker.
  1. G

    myscan.loc file

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?) My OS is windows XP. Whenever I try to scan something into my computer I get an error that says: can not find windows/myscan.loc. Reinstall myscan. I have no idea where to find this file. Any ideas?
  2. M

    All Programs Menu

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?) After installing SP2, it seems I have lost some of my programs from the "All programs" menu. The programs are still there, I can go to the directory and execute them, but why can't I see them with "All Programs?" Thanks for...
  3. M

    ADVICE FOR ETHERNET / WIFI /ETHERNET PURCHASE

    i will be seeking an apartment soon not sure how soon but i am planning to move out knowing how apartments are i am seeking devices and technology that will help me maximize the amount of mobility of my network i already going to obtain a rca wireless phone adapter that even supports voip now...
  4. G

    Safe mode with USB

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) I need to start computer in safe mode to run Norton Antivirus to remove trojan. My keyboard is a Microsoft USB version the drivers for which load AFTER the point when I can select safe mode. How can I select safe mode?
  5. M

    User Accounts

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?) My wife downloaded programs that she uses after she logs onto her winXP user account. That is ok. The problem is that when I'm logged onto MY user account, one of HER programs pops up a log-in window. This happens...
  6. S

    NDS game

    Okay...I am getting desperate about the Tetris DS (DS),but I want to see it and play it for a bit before I buy it. The lowest price I found online is £29.99. The price is ok. The problem is I would like not to buy it online since I am an oversea student from Romania, and I would like to get my...
  7. N

    PC Dust buildup

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) I have your basic ATX form setup with one side fan, 1 rear. I don't have any additional fans beyond this. I've noticed my side fan is a culprit for quick dust buildup. Anyone have any suggestions for cutting the dust buildup?
  8. D

    CD Burner now report 0bytes available on new CD-Rs

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) Having a prob with XP's built in cd burner. It report 0bytes available on CD-R and CD-RW and refused to write saying there is no room availabe. This function did work at one time, SP2?. Of course I can use other software...
  9. G

    blank desktop

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?) Help! I was trying to install a downloaded program (Walmart's digital music store), and when I rebooted, the desktop came up completely empty. All that's there is the photo I had for the background. Right clicking does...
  10. B

    .Net framework

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?) after installing .Net framework my when starting PC (windows) appears screen with user it chose...since I am the only user I don't need so how can this be skipped....
  11. U

    Folder causes Crash!

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?) News Alert! This just in !!! I can open any folder I want except one. It contains a number of TIF files. When I go to that folder, I get a Windows Explorer Error. Heeeeeeeeelp! I've just got to get to...
  12. K

    Recycle bin won't empty

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) There is one folder in my recycle bin that will not clear out. The error message I get is: Cannot remover folder De1: The directory is not empty. I can't restore it either. It is from an external drive address. I...
  13. A

    Audio drivers

    Hello, how can i downlaod the audio drivers in my pc.
  14. G

    spdif?

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) Hi all, could somebody tell me if i will need to enable the spdif socket on the back of my computer to use it,and if so, how do i do this. Cheers in advance. Rik.
  15. G

    Starcraft II fps much lower than expected?

    Recently bought a laptop with reasonably good specs, for uni but also for playing starcraft 2 on at least medium settings. Its specs are: Asus N53S core i5-2410m 2.3ghz (2.9 with turbo) geforce gt 540M 4gb ram windows 7 home premium screen resolution 1366x768 According to this website...
  16. M

    How do I switch a program from one user to another?

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?) Hi, I created a new user on our home computer, and I want to move an icon (well, acctually, access to that tprogam) over to that user. I cannot figure out how to do that ... tried copying/pasting the icon ... and even...
  17. G

    Help re keyboard please

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) I wonder if anyone has the solution to this problem. On my old computer which uses Windows ME ( I know this is the XP user group) everytime I press my spacebar the letter b keeps showing up. I have checked and there are no F...
  18. K

    Transfer photos and mp3 to/from v525

    Hello, Anyone ideas please will have to be via bluetooth as I don't have a usb cable (lost it) Thanks Keith
  19. T

    My Backup folder

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) I had to restore my E machine, but I didn't choose to factory condition. So I chose one of the selections to save files etc. & then went into restore. I have managed thru copy/ paste to take some files out of this folder...
  20. G

    Email Message at Welcome Screen

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) Hi. The Welcome Screen says that I have 27 unread email messages under my name. When I click on it, it says to log on, go to Start and click on Email. When I do that, it takes me into my Outlook Express account in which...
  21. G

    Video Errors

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) My parent's computer constantly restarts when video media is playing. Not usually right away, but it eventually does (within 10-20 minutes). I turned off the restart on error thing and a blue screen said...
  22. V

    Help: BSOD 0x0000007E (0xC0000005 ....

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) I am trying to take my 120 gig harddrive out of an old homebuilt 566mhz machine and put it into a Dell 1.8ghz box that I was given. I swtiched the harddrive, video card and sound card but when I boot up it gives me this...
  23. P

    Would this be a good mid-range custom made gaming desktop computer?

    i5 8 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 I would like to play games like Battlefield 4, Call of Duty: Ghosts, Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, FIFA 14, Saints Row IV, Splinter Cell: Blacklist, Crysis 3 and upcoming games at least at medium resolution and settings.
  24. T

    What kind of capture card to use when recording computers

    Hello,i need help with picking a capture card to record computers (i would like to record a game called Minecraft and i dont know what kind of capture card to use). Also i have a Gateway laptop please help and thank you
  25. A

    Hearse: stats now available from server

    Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack (More info?) Some basic usage stats are now available on http://hearse.krollmark.com for anyone interested. I'm still playing idly with death stats, but sadly I can only guess a cause of death for ~2/3rds of the bones files, so I'm not sure...
  26. C

    Trying to restore my PC to when I bought.

    As the title says, I know what im trying to do and that is wipe is completely to bring it back to the day I bought it. Im just afraid now i totally screwed that up. I downloaded a hacked version of Windows 7 yes i know i dont wanna hear about it lol. I had Vista, and when i had vista I noticed...
  27. K

    HD problem

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) I installed an "old" HD(Windows ME, FAT32) in a new computer running XP. The drive appears in Computer Management/Disk management as Drive 1 but has no volume name. The only option available on right click is "delete...
  28. G

    XP finds new hardware everytime

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?) I have installed two different printers on my computer. The second one, every time I turn it on, Windows XP says it has found new hardware, and would I like to install it. I had trouble installing it, and now with the...
  29. gm_jonjon

    SSD for win7 and another SSD for Programs

    Hi guys, Im new here and would like to ask regarding SSD. I want to use SSD but larger SSD = Massive price so what i wanted to do is buy 2 smaller size SSD that would fit. Will this setup would work as i have 3 disks 2 SSD and 1tb Sata3 hdd. 1st ssd - Should be for windows 7 / OS, like how...
  30. G

    media player 9

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?) Cannot get audio when playing dvd's in media player. Audio woks ok for music cd's and vcd/svcd. Have re-installed media player today to see if solved the problem but no luck. Can play dvd's with audio ok in MSIDVD player
  31. R

    DVD-/+rw

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) Does anyone know how I can add an internal DVD-RW to a system that has a DVD+R and a CD-ROM. I guess is it possible to have 2 slaves and 1 master? Thanks
  32. G

    msconfig

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?) My children's computer is filled with junk. I have been shown how to go to msconfig/startup to get rid of some of it. I am always afraid I will delete something that will really mess up the computer.Can...
  33. J

    shutting down

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) Hi all I have built a pc but am having big problems, when i get to the post screen everything seems ok, but that's has far as it goes then it re-starts, has yet i've been unable to access windows. Please does anyone have...
  34. M

    Need help setting up Windows XP firewall.

    I'm trying to set up a FTP server for the first time b/c it will be really convienant for me. I'm using the built-in FTP server you can install with WinXP Pro. I have a legal copy of Windows and all the properties seem to be set up right, with perhaps the execption of the username and password...
  35. T

    USB removable storage device

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) OS is XP Professional When I plug a USB removable storage device in to the pc, I can not see it on explorer or such. Device and driver troubleshooting all say that everything is ok ?
  36. B

    my wife is gonna kill me

    somehow in trying to set up a second harddrive, i have deleted all my wifes music. i thought i had it in both drives, and cleared a drive to try to get it right and deleted them. warning came up saying files too big for recycle bin and i deleted them anyway. is it possible to retrieve them from...
  37. G

    Best Place To Buy XP

    Is there such a place to go to get a decent deal on a full version of Windoews XP Home. If so where? "A politician should do two terms-one in office & one in jail"<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by vista on 01/17/04 08:37 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
  38. G

    xp pro upgrade laptop lost video driver

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?) I recently purchased an Emachines M6809 laptop and upgraded to XP pro. I lost my ATI driver for the Radeon 6900 64meg video card installed. Anyone know where I can get a driver for this? ATI sends me to emachines and...
  39. I

    Help - XP Pro - Partition problems

    So I updated the bios on my Asus A7M266 and it went w/o a hitch. ...until I rebooted ...after rebooting OS told me I had a corrupt file (though it didn't say which file, just where it was). I tried sticking in the CD to repair...but before I got to that screen it would bsod on me... I...
  40. G

    winipcfg in XP?????

    Anyone know how to get the renew/release box in XP that I used to use winpcfg for in 98/ME? Thanks