MPEG

Page 2 - Forum discussion tagged with MPEG.
  1. R

    Nvidia 9800gt and 42" HD TV resolution issues

    Hey guys. I recently built a new computer, so I decided to use my old rig as a HTPC. The PC has a 9800gt with the latest drivers, and I'm plugging in to a Emerson 42" 1080p via VGA. My resolution is at 1920x1080 and running windows/watching movies works great. However, when I try to play some...
  2. C

    How to remove password on D-link DI-624 Wireless Router

    I have set up a password and stopped using my wireless and now i cannot remember the password, opps. is there any way to remove the password or reset it? Cheers.
  3. Alex The PC Gamer

    Rate your best PC Shooter 2007

    Hey guys, Time to choose your top 3 favorite PC Shooters of 2007. I welcome you to comment on your top choices and perhaps grading this game out of 10. It would also be fun to have the guys at Tomshardware give their opinion as well...Rob, Ryan and Travis? Let the poll begin...
  4. WINTERLORD

    Dead memory slot and performance question

    hi i have a core i7 920 sysytem with 3x2gb sticks of ram. the first two slots on the motherboard have somehow died iv tested all memory one by one ect. so here is my quistion : if i have 2 sticks in 2 slots they'll run dual channle right, so with that, would it be better to leave the 3rd stick...
  5. G

    Why is my new Geforce3 so Slow?

    Hello!!! I recently downloaded 3Dmark2001 and tried it out! I got some bad results!!! Most of the tests were choppy or slow! Specially the one with the flying dragons!!! I got about 1fps at most!!! And in the Nature Demo I get about 7fps!!! Why is it so slow!? My configuration is the following...
  6. W

    20" 1600x900 or 23" 1920x1080

    i'm not sure i'm understanding how this work. so, for someone whose main purpose is gaming. is there any noticeable difference between gaming in a large size high resolution monitor and smaller size with lower resolution one ? (20" 1600x900 and 23" 1920x1080 as an example). or is it just more...
  7. S

    Need a New Case for my old Rig.

    Looking for help in finding a new case for my old pc setup. Here's my setup PS: OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Modular High Performance Power Supply GPU: GIGABYTE GV-N460OC-1GI GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 1GB CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Thuban 2.8GHz with Cooler master hyper 212 Evo Heatsink HD...
  8. G

    Video stuttering-BIG problem

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?) I've got a big problem that I just cannot find a solution for. Everytime I play a video file, be it a streaming file on the internet, a dvd played on the dvd rom, or even visualisations in media player, everything works...
  9. nark99

    Bsod on Windows 7

    hi people is the first time that I saw on Windows 7 ... mine is an Asus F7KR-7S033C with AMD Turion X2 2 GHz, 3 GB RAM (one quimonda 1 gb original of notebook and kingston 2 gb) Hard disk hitachi 250gb, amd radeon 2400 hd I held open emule, firefox and skype ... when I made ​​a call with...
  10. renzhe

    Dell 2005FPW monitor has green stripes artifacts

    A few days ago my Dell 2005FPW monitor started showing small vertical green stripes on certain colors, especially dark colors. On grays, they seem to appear at 0% (black), 25%, 50%, and 75%. I suspect it also occurs at 100% (white) but one can't see it as the other colors are also present. I...
  11. G

    Monitor black

    Hello, my monitor type samsung SycnMaster 793s problem is black screen.
  12. M

    Philips 190vw9 monitor installation

    I've recently bought a 19" lcd monitor and installed it on my pc running windows xp. My greens are yellow and my reds are nearly black. I've tried my old monitor again and the colours are fine. I've unistalled and reinstalled the driver numerous times. Please help!
  13. E

    webcam

    a friend gave me a webcam but it does not include its driver. I searched the Internet and found that the model is vpc-303 but I think it is a generic webcam. Can you help me find the driver? BTW, Windows says that it is an USB webcam but can't find the driver. HELP! thanks. Pls check this site...
  14. K

    Samsung 2493HM and HPW2408H

    Good morning everyone, I would love to buy a 24" LCD, but want to make sure I buy the right one. Hate buying a LCD and two weeks after find out I bought the wrong one. I always had Samsung LCD and they look good and the image is nice. If someone can shed some light in telling me if I am...
  15. S

    Samsung SM960BG vs. SM931BF

    I cant decide between these two monitors wich to buy. I need a monitor for all purposes, gaming, internet, movies... I like that SM960BG has rotating function, but it isnt necesary. The only thing i dont like is that it has glossy surface of the screen. Does someone have that monitor who can...
  16. T

    Great Panel Reference Table!

    I've seen links to Max's website before, but always in Russian. Finally I've managed to come across the English version: http://axofiber.no-ip.org/inside/monitor.lcd.panels.en.htm спасибо, Maxim :D P.S. Until an English version is available, it's still good to be able to do a lookup by panel...
  17. S

    Simple Dilemma

    howdy there... So I have a dillemma here... I need a new monitor and I'm looking for a monitor that I can play games at a high resolution. Now I was thinking about saving up and buy a 22 inch Dell LCD for 322. I also found numerous 19 LCD (which I gave mine away to my g/f) for under 200...
  18. G

    Further bollocks from Canon

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) I had another reply from the idiots at Canon about an hour ago: - "Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding your Canon product. Canon bubblejet printers are not designed to print card stock. It is not a fault, it is simply due to...
  19. P

    HP Deskjet 932C Makes Noise

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) Hi everyone, I just downloaded and installed a new printer driver for my Deskjet 932C so it would be compatible with my new computer which has windows XP in it. It prints okay, but makes strange scraping type noises when it loads the...
  20. G

    Hobbicolors refills

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) Just wanted to say I bought a refill kit for a canon IP4000 printer from these people. Just writing this for people looking for a supplier. They were prompt at answering thier e-mails and seem to be really good folks to do buisness with...
  21. G

    epson R200

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) I bought a R200 about a month ago and i like the way it prints.But I have a question.The sponge like stuff in it is getting wet with ink on the far left side of the printer.I guess that is where it cleans the cartriges.Does that sponge...
  22. G

    Print on CD/DVD media

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) Just so that I understand... The Epson printers are the ONLY consumer priced printers available in the U.S. for printing on CD/DVD media. Correct?
  23. L

    juggling analog and DVI signal ?

    my monitor supports DVI and analog, I want to check if there are notable differences, can I connect both cables to my video card (wich has an analog and a DVI port) at the same time and juggle between the 2 signals from the OSD of the monitor?
  24. J

    HP or Canon???

    Can anyone tell me how the HP CP1160 compares to the HP 5550 and/or the Canon S750? Cost per page (ink), print quality, and speed are my top three considerations. Thanks in advance.
  25. G

    HP scanjet 5100c not recognised in win 98

    My hp scanner:5100c and printer:deskjet 720c are connected together. I installed my printer software,rebooted the machine,then installed my scanner software. Problem is, after reboot, HPPPT comes out with a red cross meaning that it can't detect my scanner.I don't really know what is wrong as...
  26. M

    Canon 10d drivers for windows 7 home premium

    Anyne please help me, can't download images from my camera, Canon EOS 10d. Do you have a driver for this camera?
  27. P

    Single photo

    Hello,how can I import a single photo from my digital camera have seen previous answeres but I dont have card reading facilities
  28. T

    MALWARE ?? Intel Media Graphics Accelerater for mobile processes

    Hello, My AVG Anti-Virus has alerted me that these processes, Reg Keys and a file have been stopped deleted and moved to the Virus Vault per they were detected as Malware. (High Security Threat) IGFXRES.DLL igfxtray.exe hkcmd.exe How do I know or find out if these processes and dll file are...
  29. disease8

    Cheap laptop HD video editing capable integrated or descrete GPU?

    Hi I want to upgrade my laptop to a cheap second generation i7 so I can hopefully do some HD editing on the move. I have a six core phenom at home for larger project (still needs more ram!(8GB))... The question is this: Can I get away with the new integrated graphics on the seconds generation...
  30. N

    PC Freeze / Pink Display / Only Mouse Works

    I have my PC brought new, each components a few months ago, i5-2400 msi 560gtx-ti (cheaper version) 2x4gb ddr3 1333 kingston asus p8h61-mlx corsair tx650w v2 PS I experienced strange freezes 5 times so far, ONLY when i watch a movie BUT ONLY sometimes, i open the exact same movie 100 times and...
  31. Z

    Tape Storage Solution Suggestion

    Hi, lately I am researching a new Tape Drive storage solution for our needs, but I would also like an advice of an expert community which Tom's Hardware sure is. On each storage media we will save around 200 GB of data, the backup plan is as follows: daily backups with retention rate of 1 week...
  32. G

    media player

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) when i start up any video player . either media player, winamp, quicktime and realplayer, i get an error message and the program closes, it makes no difference if i re install the programs or use the latest updates th...
  33. seanny

    Going to water cool

    I have a Lian-Li PC80 armoursuit case,i7-980,3 Gtx 480's ,Gigabyte X58A UD9 motherboard.If you need the rest of my specs,then look in my profile.I have enough money saved to spend a signifigant amount on water cooling.I was hoping that some one could give me a full list of all the components and...
  34. G

    need to recover data from disk showing unallocated

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) inetalled new 160gb disk other disk is now showing unallocated., I still need the data on it... I dont know why it did it without warning....help
  35. G

    Saitek X-52 - F4AF configuration file?

    Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?) Has anybody got a good setup for the X52 with F4:AF? it has been a LONG time since I've been into combat sims, so long that I just retired my TM FLCS in favor of a new X52. Not thrilled with the configuraiton they have on...
  36. G

    lexmark X1150 but no spooler

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?) i use the install cd, and it tells me that the spooler isnt on, if i want to install i have to press ok to star it, i press ok, then it just disapears with no error message, ive tryed to start it with the Services, but...
  37. B

    Inspiron 5160 battery type 6T473 pin out reqest.

    Hi, I need the battery pin out diagram for Dell Inspiron 5160, battery type 6T473. The battery is not getting charged in the notebook. I need this information to build an external charger using LM317. Appreciate any help. bb
  38. K

    New Multicart Design / Math Copro?

    Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?) While on the subject of all things Vectrex, I've been talking with a couple people about making up a new multicart. Since it looks like Sean Kelly seems to be out of the multicart business (or at least dormant), I thought maybe I could...
  39. R

    Lines across and down my laptop screen

    Hello, have different color lines across and down middle of my laptop since my son dropped it about a foot off the coffee table on its side
  40. P

    Need Quick Help with a Gateway MX6124 Freezing

    A Gateway MX6124 is giving me serious heartburn. It locks up at random very frequently, to the point of being unusable. It has a 2GB memory module, and it's running XP SP3, fully updated. Here are my experiences: 1. The Gateway INF file will not install. When I try to do so, I get "Diskcannot...