MPEG

Page 3 - Forum discussion tagged with MPEG.
  1. boiler1990

    Need Options for 11-12" Laptops

    I'm in need of a 11-12" Laptop (as ultraportable as you can get) to replace my 2008 Macbook Pro 15" that is good all around in terms of battery life, performance, comfort, etc. and is in the price range of $1300 or less (including upgrades - throwing in a SSD and more RAM) - I plan to buy it...
  2. brythespy

    Why are the P4 so cheap?

    I have recently noticed that the Pentium 4s are very cheap my current system has a pentium 4 and the CPU is Very good for gaming and 3.2GHz!! So why aree they so cheap as curreent day CPUs around 3.2GHz cost 100s of dollars is it just because the P4s are old or do they have another FLAW that...
  3. K

    Temp Files

    I'm running XP Pro and want to free up HD space, with the disc clean-up feature the temporary files is not checked off, what would happen if these files were deleted because it would free up considerable space. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
  4. M

    E20-390 exam

    i plan to study E20-390 exam and get the certification next year,the problem is i don't know where to study and test it,who can tell me?
  5. G

    pdf not opening

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) I have recently changed from Win98 to WinXP (Complete clean install). Now, I cannot open pdf files from a website. Acrobat reader 6 opens with it's splash page, but does not open the document, no matter how long I wait. It...
  6. charon711

    Is this case and psu combo ok?

    im looking at cases and i come across the Thermaltake Element G. it seems to be a good case with what it offers, my only dissatisfaction with it is the lack of a side window but i could live without it. is this a good case? anyways it comes with the Thermaltake TR2 RX 850. at least thats what...
  7. G

    users missing text in network print jobs

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.print (More info?) we did a domain upgrade from nt4.0 to windows 2000 domain this weekend. our print server was already a windows 2000 server. We just disjoined and join to the new domain. several users are reporting that their printouts are...
  8. C

    Hands free audio gateway

    Hello, I am using Compaq Presario B1800. I have tried to connect my phone through hands free audio gateway from lap. Then i disconnected. But after that audio output is not working. Thought i checked audio controls from control panel, they seemed to be working fine. Please help me out. Now am...
  9. Zodiak

    Asus Xonar Xense - Issues

    Hello :) I am sorry, I could not find a section for Sound Cards, please move this to another section if needed. Hello there :) I have purchased an ASUS Xonar Xense and I am looking for support wherever I can find it from other users, ASUS's support for this sound card has been horrible in my...
  10. C

    Playing COD black ops

    Hi All I have an Acer Aspire 7540G (laptop), AMD Athlon2 x2, 4GB ram and Mobile 4570 video. Will i be able to run black ops on this? Steve
  11. S

    FN KEY & RIGHT SPEAKER PROBLEM!

    Hello, im having problem with the right speaker, its not working at all and when i am balancing the voice rom the properties of my volume i am hearing from the left even when the balance is on the right speaker. As you told me to download the sound (AUDIO) driver from www.samsung.com i did but...
  12. G

    Add domain admin back to local admin

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?) How can I remotely, without the users knowledge, add the domain admin back to the local administrators group? Thanks
  13. G

    Ping - resolving names

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?) I have re- IPd a server at a remote location and changed all the DNS entries to show the right IP address. When I am at my local computer and use a command prompt to type " ping servername " it returns the old ip...
  14. 44stud

    My monitor screen is too wide

    Hello, my darn gateway monitor screen is too wide. How do i reduce it to the regular size? I pressed Ctrl and held down on the scroll lock and nothing happens. i tried to reset it with the monitor button but nothing happens.i can not view the right side graphic on my monitor
  15. G

    My notebook wont run operating system

    Hello, When I start my Acer Aspire One Notebook it starts the Windows XP start up then goes to a scan disk page then to a how do I want to try start up? safe, normal or last known. No matter what I pick it just goes back to the scan disk prompt and the whole process just repeats itself. Any ideas?
  16. R

    I3-2100 will bottleneck HD 6850 OC

    My friend told me that i3-2100 will bottleneck my ati 6850 OC after i bought it , is it true ??
  17. P

    Looking for 13-14 inch laptop with gpu $800

    Hey guys! i'm currently looking for a 13.3-14 inch laptop for uni. I want a gpu, integrated or dedicated but i want to be able to at least play SC2 on high, if not med settings. My price range is around $800 although less is better for me and I live in Canada. I was looking at the aspire...
  18. G

    No Internet connection for even when the Network adapter i..

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.setup (More info?) My machine is configured to run Win NT4.0 and Broadcom Network adapter driver is added, binded and enabled but it doesnot connect to the Internet. I have setup the proxy setting as required for the test lab. It had been...
  19. P

    Intel or AMD

    IS AMD 145 PROCESSOR EQUAL TO INTEL I3 PROCESSOR? IF NOT AND IF I AM CHEATED BY THE DEALER HOW CAN GET THE EQUIVELENT PROCESSOR ?
  20. C

    WHAT IS THE BETTER LAPTOP BRAND

    HELLO , PLEASE HELP ME IN MAKING MY MIND ABT MY FUTURE LAPTOP , SINCE I FEEL CONUSED WHICH BRAND IS BETTER TO BUY . IS ASUS GOOD OR TOSHIBA OR HP ? . PLEASE DON'T HASITATE TO REPLY ON MY INQUIRY . THKS
  21. G

    Safe mode

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?) Please respond to ddarezzo@{remove this)yahoo.com I can't get my password to work in safe mode. I've double checked that everything is the same as not in safe mode when it starts fine. I have pro 2000. I'm trying to...
  22. M

    How to change AMD processor to intel i5 on hp tx 2000 tablet

    Hello, i have hp pavilion tx 2000 that has AMD processor and i wish to change to intel i5 is it possible?
  23. G

    Need to install Win 2000 - ???? CD ROM Drive

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup (More info?) OOPS - I messed up something. I've been having trouble with my Win 98 OS and have been infilitrated with some type of virus that seems to take over my Browser. While trying to get rid of virus/parasite, it seems I deleted...
  24. G

    Domain Not Available

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.domain (More info?) Last night we had a pretty bad lightning storm and this morning when I came into work I found the server locked up, completely frozen. So, I rebooted the system and as it rebooted I received a keyboard error. So, I switched...
  25. J

    Does the win 2k pro support the terminal server

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client (More info?) can I use the terminal server client to connnect to a win 2k pro, how can I do that? thanks a lot!
  26. U

    creating a adm to set login background

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy (More info?) Hi, I have the following script saved as a .adm and imported into gpo to change the login background - unfortunatly it seems it does not work - anyone have an suggestions please? thanks David G CLASS USER CATEGORY...
  27. C

    Is this setup bottlenecking my GPU?

    Hello, I've got a Question. Anybody think I need to upgrade my CPU? I've got a AMD HD6970, and for CPU a Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz. My screen size and resolution is 26 ", 1920x1080. Many review sites and so on gets a average of 60-65fps on Bad Company 2. I only get an average of about 35 -...
  28. rmcron5296

    Upgrading case and looking for opinions

    Good evening everyone! I am in the process of upgrading some components of my PC and I am having a difficult time choosing a new case. I am currently using a HAF 912 and it has served it's purpose quite well. I bought it when I first built my computer, but I would like to upgrade for better...
  29. R

    Both wireless and wired together`

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless (More info?) I have a wireless router with two wireless and one extra computer wired into the back of it (plus mine which is the main, admin computer). Can access files on both of the wireless computers (running Windows XP...
  30. timer12

    Uber Gaming Laptop under $800

    1_800$ 2_ As long its not a netbook l 3_What screen resolution do you want? No clue 4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Doesnt matter 5_How much battery life do you need? At least an hour 6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games...
  31. M

    Help for choosing laptop

    hello, please tell me which one is better for daily use, using some programs such as LATEX and c++ programming,and sometimes gamming. inspiron 1564(cpu ci5 430m- 4GB ram-intel 4500MHD-HDD 320 5400rpm) inspiron 5010(cpu ci3 330M- 4GB ram-ATI radeon 5470 1GB-HDD 320 5400rpm) inspiron 1564(cpu ci3...
  32. G

    Cd drive

    Hello, i seem to have lost the cd drive off of my acer aspire 5810t laptop . how ? more to the point what can i do
  33. G

    Desktop has gone black

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?) I don't know if this was caused by a virus or not but my wallpaper has gone and my desktop is completely black. It still has icons and they work. When I right click on the desktop I no longer get the popup menu I used to...
  34. L

    CQ61-225ee IDT HD audio codec part number

    Hello,i have installed the new ubuntu 10.04 in my CQ61-225EE Laptop, everything worked pretty well. The only problem is my audio device. I can't seem to find anywhere in the device manager (using win 7) the audio device's part number. the only thing it keeps on showing is "IDT HD audio device"...
  35. B

    Thanks guys - Now I got a new problem

    I got Windows 2000 working (atleasty i think so). So thank you all for the good help and advice. Now I got a new problem. My shared internet connection with a Windows 98 computer. I previously ran Windows 98 on my computer where the internet connection sharing worked fine. We got a cable modem...
  36. K

    Gateway NV5929u or HP dv6 2150us

    I can buy a Gateway NV5929u (i5-430m) at MicroCenter $549 or HP dv6 2150us (i3-330m) at Staples $579. Purpose: kid going to college (general use; engineering, etc.). HP is a top seller and Gateway is not (not for a long time). Opinions on Gateway quality?? Specs. are better but if the...
  37. G

    What is "Microsoft Document Image Writer"

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?) I just installed Office 2003 and all of a sudden "Microsoft Document Image Writer" is listed as my default printer. I've never heard of it and don't know what it is. When trying to print with it the "save as" dialog box...
  38. D

    Cpu coolers difference

    just wanted too know the full load difference with the h70 silver arrow and the noctua nh-d14i know that the 2 last ones give better lower temps thanks for the help from the people on this forum but my problem is that i dont want too go get the noctua or silver arrow if the temps are going to be...
  39. G

    Pci simple controller driver for t61

    Hello, where can i find the driver for pci simple communication controller for win7?
  40. N

    Q9300 high idle temps

    Hey all, Here's the specs; ASUS P5N-T Deluxe Motherboard Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 4GB DDR2 Geforce 8800GT 512MB 160GB SATA HDD Zalman CNPS9700 LED Standard 450W PSU 120mm front fan and 80 mm side fan No overclocking yet and remember, idle temperatures; I have 2 questions, why are my...