Stream Processor

Page 4 - Forum discussion tagged with Stream Processor.
  1. L1qu1d

    MaximumPC 4870 X2 review...seriously?

    I don't what to believe anymore
  2. darkguset

    N-ATI-DIA HDD9600GS is here!

    Unfortunately i didn't have the time to bench the card in detail, or make a detailed review but here is a picture of it serving as a teaser for things to come! It looks like the companies focus on a environment friendly form using all the tricks up their sleeves. Enjoy:
  3. A

    Will this run on my psu?

    Hi people, Well my friend has a compaq Evo D510 with a 220watt psu. He wants to get a 9800pro but is not sure if it will run safely. The specs of the 220watt psu is not known but I am pretty sure it has one 12v rail and 10-15 amps maybe? Anyways any feedback is appreciated. Thanks. :hello...
  4. stemnin

    169.09 Recommended for Crysis

    New NV beta driver out. http://www.nvidia.com/Download/betadrivers.aspx?lang=en-us Read reports that the water reflection is better (fixes the fix from the last beta drivers? idk).
  5. teh_boxzor

    Anyone Looking to part with their old graphics card...

    sell them to me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) im looking for something along the lines of the 7600gt and up or x1950gt and up we'll talk prices =]
  6. M

    Is a 22" widescreen worth it? or should i go with the 19"

    I put myself on a 700$ computer budget, guess what i was ordering parts and ended up jacking the price up to 1000$ damn electronic funds these days, you never know how much your spending. So im thinking what the hell i only life once, i need yalls opinion, im looking at the 22" in Acer and i...
  7. S

    Driver Problem with half life 2

    Hi all im new to this forum and have been looking for help. I recently bought "the orange box" of half life 2 and can play team fortress and portal, but cannot play half life 2 as is says my drivers are out of date. I have the most up to date driver and have the nvidia 7800gtx video card any...
  8. T

    8800 GTS question

    Would a 420 watt PSU be enough for an 8800 GTS
  9. cafuddled

    What one is for me (graphics cards)

    Right I need your help on this one, I have now finally decided to upgrade my graphics card from this old X800 that I am using. Not only is it slow it is now getting very dusty and very loud as the fan keeps making noises. In fact last week the graphics card started overheating because the fan...
  10. BigCharb

    NEW HD2900XT IS HERE!

    hey, this is for my ATI fan boys waiting for the "real" 2900xt. the one releaced first is IMO is just to get Big Green nervous for whats to come. the 2900xt has more power, faster mem and a big metal boot to kick some ass :twisted: heres the link...
  11. T

    DVD Recorder or WinTV PVR-150

    hi! i've got a few questions, and i don't know a whole lot about tv tuners so bare with me please. i just got a Hauppauge winTV-PVR-150, and i'm not really that satisfied with the video quality. i'm just using the software that came with it to record (WinTV2000). i changed the quality level...
  12. S

    GPU Coolers!!?!?!?

    i was just wondering if anyone could give me advice on a reasonably prices GPU cooling fan for a nVidia 9600GTXXX? ive been looking on the normal websites, ebuyer, novatech, overclockers etc, but they dont really give any information on if it is fully compatiable with this G Card! any advice...
  13. T

    What to expect out of the next big graphics card?

    this is just guessing, i know alot of you follow the graphics card market very well, what kind of specs do you expect form the 8900 series and ati 2000 series? also what do you think prices will be? i know theres no way to know for sure but i guess you could say this is for fun, lol. alot you...
  14. S

    need some help...

    hi... i am looking for a new agp card (ya i know it's outdated) which can run games like stalker,oblivion etc at reasonable settings... as my birthday is not near by , i have to buy a card with my own personal savings... can any one help me out by giving me the names of some mid-range graphic...
  15. B

    Games crashing.

    Hi there, I have this terrible problem with my system ever since i did a re-install of windows now everytime i try to run a game the game loads and i can play it for about 5 sometimes 10 minutes then the .exe of the games crash. and its with all games that i try no matter what. The games I use...
  16. S

    7950 GX2, worth the money?

    alright, i didn't have the 500 to spend on a 8800 card, so a couple days ago i bought 7950 GT for 240 bucks (evga 7950 GT KO). its coming along with a new system entirely that includes a e6600 core 2 and 680i motherboard. then today i found an e-bay auction that had the 7950 GX2. i was...
  17. P

    DX10 now or upgrade later?

    What do you guys think is better for the money buying a DX10 card now for $400 or getting a $170 card and waiting a year then getting a DX10 card for about $200. Seems to me getting the DX10 card now would be the best bang for the buck unless the DX10 cards go way down in price next year and...
  18. M

    does my 8800gts has a problem?, Flickering sounds....

    I've bought a xfx 8800gts last week...everything went fine. I have 550watt psu. so the problems are... -Playing an mp3 on windows media player while visualizations off is ok. But when I turn on the visuals, sound start to flicker, make glitch sounds and visuals slow down... ;no problem with...
  19. F

    Asus Pw5 dh deluxe + geforce 7900gtx problem help!

    I recently put together a new core 2 duo system. Here are the specs e6600 processor. 2 gig corsair ddr2 800 xms ram. asus p5w dh deluxe motherboard. forsa 7900gtx video card. antec true power II 550watt psu. When I install the video card drivers my moniter goes into standby/power save mode as...
  20. HYST3R

    x1600 For Physx?

    I noticed that in the article, http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/07/19/is_ageias_physx_failing/ they mentioned the use of an ATI x1600 for physx calculations. i was wondering if, 1)are they running that card as a dedicated physx processor or just an extra card in s crossfire set up? 2)How do...
  21. Siba

    9800xt vs x700pro

    ASUS 9800XT ATI X700pro Both agp, both 256mb I believe. Which should I use? I currently have a choice between the two. No considerations other than pure performance (laugh all you want, I know I probably will). Does anyone know of any comparison reviews or some place where I would be able to...
  22. C

    x1900xtx vs 7900gtx @1280

    As my monitor can only run 1280 resolution im really pondering what card i should get, from the review im reading both are pretty much equal. Should i just go with the cheapest?
  23. S

    8800GTS 640 on 1400 x 900 Monitor

    well i got as a gift not to long ago a viewsonic 1400 x 900 monitor. Works great for what i need so i don't want to upgrade to a new monitor, but my question is i have a 8800 GTS 640 OC to core clock =676, shader 1545 and memory 1018. idle temps are 47 Celsius. Load on crysis 67-68. Would i get...
  24. D

    9800GT Question

    I'm upgrading from 7900GS to a 9800GT, but newegg just ran out of the one I was going to get. Link below. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130380 But I saw pretty much the same thing, but says Hybrid Power. Link below...
  25. D

    How do "integrated graphics" these days compare with, say ..

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?) So - I'm thinking of getting a laptop. Whilst it will be mainly used for wireless net access, it would be nice if I could use it for a few odler games and demos - (games being "mame" roms, which only really need about...
  26. S

    TMPGenc desired bitrate/audio question

    Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?) I haven't used this software for over a year, and I have no idea what settings I used to use! Please help me choose the best options... I'm shooting both indoor and out with an XL1, and I'm burning the movies to DVD... 1. Often, I have...
  27. M

    Help With ATI ALL IN Wonder 2006 Edition

    I need Help with the ATI ALL In wonder 2006 Edition 256MB AGP Graphics Card its the 9600 one. What are the optimal setting to run this graphics card on for games like halo, medal of honor allied assault, and racing games because the frame rate is kind of jumpy. I also really need to know if...
  28. P

    7600 GT

    So far I narrowed down my video card options to the 7600GT. Then there are more options for the 7600 GT. Which brand would you guys perfer? Gigabyte, XFX, BFG, or eVGA?
  29. N

    Why is my 5870 running at 8x?

    Hey as the title states my XFX 5870 GFX card is running at 8x and i am not sure why... my motherboard has 2 x16 2.0 and it runs x8 x8 in SLI/Crossfire i have an asrock M3A790GXH/USB3, GPU-z reports it running at 8x and in CCC in the hardware section it states that the max bus speed is 8x my...
  30. G

    AIW 9700 Pro issue

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?) I had a strange thing happen when trying to install an ATI AIW 9700 Pro in a Tyan S2460...after connecting the aux 12V connector (floppy power connector) to the card, when I power the unit up, everything lights up/spins for a...
  31. G

    What are the laptop graphic card equivalents in performance?

    I'm thinking about a new laptop and would like to know what are decent video cards that are able to play some games? Is the X1400 any good? Is it comparable to the X800XT? It'll be nice to have a list for notebook computers. Is the Go 7900GS comparable to the 7900GS or the 7800GT on desktops?
  32. X

    3dmark03

    In the 3dmark03 test, i got 10,000 is that good for my specs, what is it comparable to Basic Specs: Amd Xp 2500+ 1 gig of pc2700 RAM Asus A7n8x-e Deluxe Nvidia BFG 6800 OC Samsung 19" SyncMaster 955df
  33. P

    9800 Pro Locking Up... Help please

    Specs: AMD 64 3000, 1gb Ram, ATI 9800 Pro video card., 1gig RAM, 350 watt Enermax PSU, 160gig HD, CD/DVD Every so often I get a totally frozen screen when playing games where it is just black, or i get what appears to be streaks across the screen with about 2 or 3 colours or game completely...
  34. G

    FYI How 6800GT AGP compare with 9800Pro

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?) http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20041119/index.html
  35. T

    Pointers for capture software

    Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?) Hi all, I work for a marine lab and we are moving thousands of hours of svhs footage over to digital. Out of a 2 hour recording per tape, there will be about 160 15 second clips we want to grab. Right now we have A.Premiere and we grab a...
  36. G

    Looking for best "bang for the buck" card for kids machine

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?) Header says it all, He has an original radeon AIW now, I paid a pretty penny for that card new, something like 399 or so, but it's old now and he dosen't care about the TV function as he has a TV in his room now. What is the...
  37. G

    TV Wonder Why It Doesn't Work...

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?) I really hope somebody can help end this headache for me. This last week I reinstalled my OS and decided to upgrade my MMC to 9.2. Woops. That didn't work. So then I went back with system restore and installed 9.1. That didn't...
  38. G

    REQ: Recommended motherboard for P4 3.0gHz to run BFG 6800..

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?) Ditching my INTEL D865PERL this week. Anyone out there got any suggestions for a decent mobo with at least 4 PCI slots and that works well with Linux and Windows? Thanx..
  39. G

    Best drivers for 6800?

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?) I'm guessing it's the latest leaked ones? as of today that appears to be 61.80. Any tips/suggestions are appreciated!
  40. J

    Pioneer A06 - communication failure error with Nero?

    Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?) Has anyone else experienced a "communication failure" error from Nero on a Pioneer DVR-A06 burner and if so does it imply a problem with the controller electronics inside the drive? This burner has been used for months without a single...