Tuniq

Page 5 - Forum discussion tagged with Tuniq.
  1. advied

    Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 Socket 775 motherboard and memory advise

    Greetings fine gurus of the board, I come in search of advise for building a new machine. I've decided to build with an Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 Processor. With the ASUS P5Q-E virtually unavailable online without buying a refurb from China I'm left with a few difficult options. If anyone of...
  2. D

    Motherboard prongs bent

    I was taking the plastic placeholder off of the slot where the CPU drops in and somehow about 4-5 prongs got bent. Is there any way I can fix this without having to buy a new mobo? The CPU still fits. I'll try to get an HQ picture up.
  3. crispykiller96

    How to Overclock Phenom x4 955 Black Edition

    hello guys noobish question how do i overclock this cpu it runs now at clock speed of 3.200GHZ my board is a Asrock M3A77ODE should i overclock i have a stock heatsink but i have loads of fans on this gaming case and have 1050 Watt power supply thanks i have Asrcok overclock tuner and i can...
  4. T

    Hard drive size wrong windows 7

    i installed a 360gb hard drive and it shows just 297gb? windows 7 upgrade from xp
  5. B

    Doubt about hdds

    hey guys im gona buy this motherboard ASRock H77 Pro4/MVP LGA 1155 Intel H77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157302&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID= i was going to buy...
  6. R

    Mobo that can OC 2500K but not SLI/CF for <$160?

    I'm spec'ing out a new build for gaming and but I keep coming back the motherboard. I've looked at a lot of them now and its all starting to turn to soup in my head. If I decided I do not ever want to SLI/CF, but do want to OC an I5 2500K to ~4.5ghz (assuming I get a decent one), then which...
  7. T

    ASUS Rampage III GENE

    Hello, I built a mATX machine tonight to find out it won't post. Here's the specs... CPU: I7 CPU @ 3.06 Ghz RAM: G>Skill Ripjaws 4GB x 2 1600 Mobo: ASUS Rampage 3 Gene HDD: 2x 640 GB Sata-3 GFX: ASUS Nvidia GTX 450 1 GB Anyways, this thing drops dead at the memory. I have tried each mem...
  8. G

    Toshiba laptop says it is only 3GB is usable from 4GB what does it meen

    Hello, i install 4GB but it says only 3gb is usable
  9. M

    Asus P5N32-E SLI Motherboard slowing down my PC

    Hey, I just changed my Graphic Card and formatted my hdd. Now my PC is working very slow and I dont know why. It has problems with some games on low graphic while its supposed to run it on highest dets. While playing GPU runs around 95% activity and it starts to drop my fps down and, dunno why...
  10. S

    Bios location on different types of motherboards

    please can any one answer me
  11. P

    New hard drive causes old one to not boot

    Hi i just got a new western digital caviar blue 7200 rpm 250gb and installed it in my computer. my old drive is also a wd caviar but i think its 5200 rmp but also 250 gb when i went to boot from the old drive (both plugged in at the same time) it never got past the boot from cd line of txt that...
  12. L

    Asus vs Gigabyte? Which is the better option

    Attempting to be more specific in this post since my last one was very vague, apologies to mods if they seem redundant Im just hoping to figure this out. I'm Trying to decide on a Mobo for my new gaming build, i5 or i7, will be doing SLI, some OC and want it to have as many usb 3 slots as I can...
  13. kajabla

    New Starcraft 2 artifacts?

    I have an overclocked 1gb 460 (clocks in signature) which has worked great in every game I've tried (Crysis 2, JC2) except one. It can't seem to take the SC2 campaign scenes, especially the large, detailed, shadowy armory. After a couple seconds, I start to get a repeated triangular artifact in...
  14. B

    P8Z68 V-Pro

    Hi, I have P8Z68 MB and ENGTX 580 X 2 supposed to be SLI but the 2nd PCI slot not working I tried 3 VGA's none worked with it and all worked fine in PCI slot 1 I have Win 7 64Bit and latest Bios version which is 0501 I dun know if there is something in the Bios need to be configured in order to...
  15. Nashsafc

    Adding hard drive

    I've added a hard drive to my computer. It appears up in device manager. But i need to format it don't i before it appears up as a lettered drive. How can i do that. I've tried right clicking and going to propeties on device manager and i know which drive it is i want formated. I can't find any...
  16. T

    microdirect.co.uk = thieves!

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.shuttle,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.misc,uk.comp.peripherals.misc,uk.comp.vendors (More info?) Ordered some parts in April to build a new computer, never received anything, asked for a refund/credit several times. They said that it might take up...
  17. AbdullahG

    CPUs Supported by Motherboard?

    I was wondering which CPUs are supported by my motherboard. The specs on my MoBo are below: Manufacturer-FOXCONN Model-2AB1 Chipset Vendor-AMD Chipset Model-785G Chipset Revision-00 Southbridge Vendor-AMD Southbridge Model-SB700 Southbridge Revision-00 I was also wondering whether I have to...
  18. E

    Can my mobo run dual channel with current setup?

    AYWUN 500< Watt Max PSU ASROCK N68S UCC MOBO AMD Athlon II X4 640 propus 3000mhz CPU not O/C 2 X 2GB 1333 Corsair DDR3 ram 160 gb IDE 7200Rpm HD /80gb sata drive both win xp only one at a time running Radeon 6670 hd 1GB video card onboard sound running windows xp with all SP Okay so...
  19. A

    Mother board problem

    hello, i was doing a computer build for a friend of mine, and when i went to turn it on to install and OS everything was working, except there was no video/display on the monitor, i tried with the monitor plugged into the motherboard and the dedicated graphics card, but no luck. the motherboard...
  20. MadCatz900

    Update bios question

    Hi, there is a new bios update available for my motherboard (asus p7h55-m) and i want to update. Should i use the asus update utility to do this or is there a safer way? also what can i can to prevent or recover if the bios update goes wrong? Cheers.
  21. A

    System Freeze When Opening A Game

    Hello Guys, I am seriously struggling with this hair pulling problem with a pc i built for a friend. Its Specs are: HAF X Case Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 REV 3.1 Corsair HX1000 Crossfire XFX HD 6970 8GB G Skill Ripjaws 1600 MHz Heres the issue; every time i click on an icon to start a game like...
  22. G

    Cpu z readings wrong HELP

    Hello, My ram is 1600mhz 8-8-8-24 but cpuz shows it as 668.9mhz 9-9-9-24 Why is this?
  23. R

    Upgrading comp :-) advice please

    hi, this is my current system :-) = CPU Type: QuadCore AMD Phenom II X4 Black Edition 965, 3416 MHz (17 x 201) Motherboard Name: Asus M2N68 Plus (4 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 2 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Gigabit LAN) Motherboard Chipset: nVIDIA nForce 7025-630a, AMD K10 System Memory: 4096 MB...
  24. F

    Is this a bent socket pin?

    Hi, i have a gigabyte x58a ud3r mobo... I opened up my case and took off the cpu cooler, then i took off my i7 930 I looked at the socket and noticed some pins that looked bent, so i took a high res photo of the socket and am asking you guys if the pins (indicated by the red arrow pointing to...
  25. R

    Cyclic Redundancy Error when installing Grand Theft Auto IV (legally!)

    Hello there, I have a Dell Inspirion 530 running Windows Vista Home Premium. In my device manager i have a TSSTcorp DVD+-RW Ts-H653F ATA Device..... i hope the makes sense...... which windows says is running properly. I'm getting a cyclic redundancy error when i try to use the game disks to...
  26. T

    Dell Latitude E5400 BIOS

    I've had my Dell Latitude E5400 for about 6 months. Just recently I noticed it wouldn't charge my Pocket PC. I attempted to go into the BIOS and see what the problem was. I noticed the output power level for my USB ports was only set to 10%. I tried to change it however that wasn't possible...
  27. G

    Doubt about compatibility

    Hi, I'm about to buy the new graphic card, power supply and add some RAM and I'm a little bit concerned about compatibility. MSI K9N NEO V2 MS-7369 -> is what I have MSI GeForce GTX 460 Cyclone OC 1GB DDR5 OCZ Stealthxstream 2 500W 2GB DDR 2 800 MHz Goodram -> is what I will buy 1. Is there...
  28. F

    [Motherboards] Need advice on choosing motherboard

    Hi. I have a Xeon W3520, a HD 6850 graphic card and 4GB PC3-10700 RAM. I'd like to find a budget Motherboard and a suitable Power Supply for gaming. Thank you in advance :p
  29. K

    I7 2600K Stepping and Overclocking

    I've seen advice that we should look for a Sandy Bridge stepping C to maximize the chance of a good overclock. Is that correct? How can I identify the stepping from the markings on the box or on the chip? Thanks.
  30. 0

    Which p8p67 mobo should i buy?

    Hey guys im planning on building a new rig pretty soon and i was just wondering which p8p67 i should go for. Proposed specs: cpu 2600k gpu gtx 570 and will probably add another gtx 570 in the next few years when i need more firepower ram 8gb ddr3 ram psu 750w psu hdd 2tb sata3 and probs a ssd...
  31. G

    Water cooling...second res solution?

    I'm quite new to water cooling and recently ordered a swiftech H20-320 Edge, and a swiftech MCW-80 to cool the GPU. I was planning to run SLI at some point and was going to add in a second MCW-80 as well as a double 120 rad. This will all be mounted in a Corsair 800d. Now the triple 120 rad was...
  32. R

    Error codes for gigabyte ga-p67a-ud7-b3 motherboard

    I am trying to find help for a c21 error on my gigabyte motherboard. The computer will not complete a boot. It continues to cycle on/off and I am getting a c21 code on the board. The board memory slots are fully populated with 4x2gb patriot g2 cards ddr3. Any help would be appreciated...
  33. HoochShepherd

    Help choosing a new MB for my 2600k

    So I'm building a new system. Quick specs are 2600k cpu, 460 sli, 8 gigs of gskill, etc. So I'm trying to decide on what motherboard to get. I'm leaning towards the MSI P67A-GD55 for $164.99. I see with a lot of the higher benchmarks people are using the ASUS P8P67 DELUXE.. I really have a...
  34. joelmartinez

    Weird temps after upgrade

    Case: HAF 922 Heatsink: cooler master hyper 212+ cooling: stock on case+ dual sff21fs on the side panel two sff21fs in push/pull on the cooler hardware: i5 750 @ stock vcore EDIT: it's 1.216v 100% load and stock frequency 5850 black edition so I added the sff21fs and also replaced the AS5 with...
  35. U

    A strange Problem

    So I've been a long time follower of this website, but I have never had any need to post a question until now. Just for a little bit more information I am currently running this set up: 1 x ASUS M4N75TD AM3 NVIDIA nForce 750a SLI ATX AMD Motherboard 1 x SPARKLE SXX460768D5NM GeForce GTX 460...