Hello,

My ram is

1600mhz 8-8-8-24

but cpuz shows it as

668.9mhz 9-9-9-24

Why is this?

G

Edit

Found out it was on auto and probaly was de grading the ram?

Anyway, I set to 1600mhz now and it shows closer to the reading;

802.7mhz 8-8-8-24

also says CR 2T

I'm guessing this is 2x?

ie 2 x 802mhz = 1600mhz?

It's a total educated guess just seems to make sense?

The RAM is running approximately at 1333 MHz; the variance is the 'BCLK'.

IF the RAM is XMP, there will be a XMP 1600 column, then refer to the manual and set to XMP. Example ASUS: AI OC Tuner -> XMP then save and exit = Yes.

G

Which question were you refering to? I'm assuming hte 650mhz one? Is 800mhz fine now?

G

Ok thanks alot all seems to be in order now, you have been a massive help I have 1 more problem I would be very greatful if you could help me with.

It's regarding physics on my gpu. If you don't have time it's no problem Ill jsut post another thread on the gpu part.

Thanks again

G

haha yes I noticed that LOL fast responses, brilliant site, definitely going to recommend it!

G

Ok basicly, I feel like my gpu isn't using physics (I can, maybe its broke?)

I tried 3dmark vantage with physics on and off and got the same result Im not 100% sure If I have it on wait I'll take a screen shot on my nvidia pannel for the next post.

Ill take one of it off and it on and tell me if im doing it right, this is litrally the last problem I have then ill be smooth sailing I hope my gpu isn't bust its 295gtx.

G

So I do have it correctly?

295gtx is 2 cards in one.

I remeber a year ago when I enabled physics it boosted my cpu score by 2-4x more.

Now it does nothing.

Its got me worried.

Want to know my results on 3dmark vantage + my setup? Maybe that would tell u if a card was dead or if its fine.

If you're using a 'single' {internally dual or single} GPU then leave the setting as 'Auto-Select' instead of 'Dedicated' to PhysX.

To be clear(er) either setting has the PhysX computations moved off the CPU. If you add another GPU e.g. GTX 5XX then have the PhysX 'Dedicated' to GTX 295.

As far as 'splitting' tasks on a 'dual' GPU I don't know if that's possible or if possible beneficial.

G

I see.

All I know is, I tried this a while back and got huge scores on 3dmark vantage, now when I try it, it does nothing, is there somthing I am missing? Also is this a good score for my config?

3D MARK VANTAGE TESTS

STOCK (NO PHYSICS)

P19686

GPU SCORE 18539

CPU SCORE 24171

GT1 56.22

GT2 52.32

CT1 3336.69

CT2 32.24

F1 42.15

F2 10.30

F3 63.55

F4 32.01

F5 33.43

F6 73.11

i7 2600k 3.4ghz
295gtx
8gb 1600mhz ram
asus p8p67 pro mobo

Maybe the drivers are bad or mixed between new and old, try Driver Sweeper http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/ and reinstall the latest drivers.

Also, if you made some oddball change to the BIOS or if you're 'trying' DirectX 11 on a DirectX 10 GPU...XP goes to 9, Vista 10.1, 7 up to 11 but don't use or install Direct X 11.

G

So from this response I'm guessing this isn't good? Installed latest nvidia drivers and have win 7 64 bit

I'll try your suggestion but this was a formatted hdd, so im pessermistic that the drivers are bad, lets hope im wrong! lol

Quick edit

Also, I only have the dispaly drivers installed, well thats all I looked for is there any more I need? I dont think there is but maybe I'm wrong, I just read up, maybe chipset?

G

Oh wow I just seen this, this looks bad I think.

On my nvidia pannel it shows the;

core clock 576
mem clock 1008
shader clock 1242

but in cpuz it shows

core clock 300
mem clock 600
shader clock 100

Wtf is going on?

EDIT

Stupid mistake it doesn't hit the right core limit till its stressed! Tried 3dmark and they all shot up to the right marks lol. Still this physx thing is baffling!

G

Yes I made sure it was 64 bit (I have 8 gb ram)

I think everything is right, just physix, very strange...Im pritty confused right now lol.

G

So I should downgrade my drivers?

Yeh I will do that if it is a bug.

G

I'll give it a go tommorow, I have just been testing some oc's with cpu and gpu, I found good temps which show a great preformance stable ( 80c highest for gpu)

Cpu needs new fan so im gona wait to test that propperly.

G

It's getting there!

OC GPU (Stable)

P22696

GPU 22429

CPU 23535

GT1 67.58

GT2 63.75

CT1 3284.21

CT2 32.24

F1 49.75

F2 12.47

F3 75.56

F4 37.68

F5 40.40

F6 89.31

orded new cd/dvd and now need new fan (old one doesnt fit mobo!)

Know a good fan for 1155 mobo?

I want to oc to around 4.4ghz from 3.4 (4ghz is enough 4.4 is great)